It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asktheanimals' Art (new pics added 8/23/18 page 6)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Love your posts...and now - THIS!
Wow!
Thanks for sharing these glimpses of your soul!

(PS: Thanks for linking this thread into your by-line/signature...as, that's how I found it. And, even further appreciation for the CTRL+ tip)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Thank you.)
This stuff is tiny - knife bolsters might be an inch across.
Makes it hard to see the detail which there's plenty of and some photos didn't quite capture all of it or lost some in scanning them.
Much appreciated!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I am utterly speechless!

Such amazing work,ATA,such talent.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing.

WOW!

Peace,
K

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Hey bro that is some awesome work you have going on there, I love all your work on the knives and firearms, I am a welder and an artist myself so I have a great appreciation for your skills crafting art with a metal media that is so badass, I may have to ask questions a bit later on how you do that! your drawings and paintings are incredibly awesome as well and thank you for sharing I am glad you did!

Bman

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Sure thing.
Just send a Pm with any questions and I'll be happy to share what I know.
Your comments are appreciated greatly, thanks!
(would love to see your work as well - post it up!)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

some of my work is posted here look at my threads you will find it, I hate sounding lazy but I still have issues with the new format and off a mobile to boot kind of screws with me. I am actively working on something new I asked for other artist into things to collaborate but either they dont have the time or are not interested came in so I am doing a long term project myself. I like your work because it is studious and time and care only very precise like a machinist, engineers are lazy your stuff is awesome bro, very rad if I wore a hat it would be off for you bro ill try and find you a link.

I hope this is right

mobile device is buggy for me if on my PC wouldnt be an issue this is a page with some of my work alot of my more expanded projects are not really online. again thanks for your awesome display and time
edit on 3-11-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Wow. Love your work. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Simply beautiful!
It's too bad you don't sell your work anymore. Your attention to detail is amazing.
Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on the thread I linked to my work. I hope in the future you post more of your metal work. It is awesome thanks again

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Thank you but it's only because I'm not working I feel like I can share.
It would be unfair to use ATS as advertising platform (especially being staff!)
It was fun while it lasted but life forces you to move on to other things sometimes.

In all honesty I was bored silly with engraving, much of my work was standard stuff you see anywhere - lettering jobs, inscriptions, simple monograms, silver sets (the worst!) - imagine doing an entire 200+ piece silver set! (some for well-known politicians who I would as soon spit at). Some engravers describe their jobs as "glorified tool sharpeners" which isn't far off the mark. It's very time-consuming and monotonous work yet requires constant attention.
Now I have more time to play music which is what I really love doing the most.
I appreciate your comments, thank you again.
edit on 4-11-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I can understand the conflict of interests, and it speaks highly of your character. It is simply refreshing to see such hand crafted beauty in a world of cookie cutter crap.
I am glad you are happy.
Thanks again for sharing it.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
OH God you have some amazing talent my friend! Thank you so frikkin much for sharing this!

Your koi fish knife is breath taking and such an amazing composition. They are all beautifully made and wonderful to look at I'm sure in person is even better, just like oils.

Your oils are wonderfully rendered, and I could not create as amazingly realistic images as yours on a good day. That snake is incredible.

Your sketches are so easy to view, and I can see how much you enjoy them, since they seem to show your style the best. I am very happy for what you have created, money or not it should make you very proud at the intense creativity and joy it brings you and others it inspires.

Just amazing work ATA, thank you!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

Hi Aliquandro,
I was hoping you would find my thread as I value your opinion greatly.
Did you see this little bit I wrote?:

I never did take well to painting and I leave the brushes to more capable hands like those of ATS moderator Masqua and ATS member Aliquandro both of whom I think are amazing painters.

Sorry to slander your good name all over ATS but I truly mean that sentiment. I could never do what you do in a million years and I think your work is amazing. ::bows::

The Koi knife is one of my favorites too, I stumbled on to a simplicity with that one that I was never quite able to capture again. I find a great deal of inspiration in Japanese art and their sensitivity towards natural subjects. That knife broke the mold from before by using the entire side as part of the canvas. Before then knife engravers would do something pictorial in a frame where the koi was and fill the rest of the side up with scrollwork or other decorative elements. Engraving had used traditional designs for hundreds of years with little variation so it felt good to actually start something with a bit of originality to it.

Again thank you for your kind comments. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you are up to next, you are at an exciting point in the evolution of your work and I feel confident saying whatever comes from you next will be a knockout.
Your comrade in art crimes.
ATA

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
reply to post by Aliquandro

Hi Aliquandro,
I was hoping you would find my thread as I value your opinion greatly.
Did you see this little bit I wrote?:

I never did take well to painting and I leave the brushes to more capable hands like those of ATS moderator Masqua and ATS member Aliquandro both of whom I think are amazing painters.

Sorry to slander your good name all over ATS but I truly mean that sentiment. I could never do what you do in a million years and I think your work is amazing. ::bows::

The Koi knife is one of my favorites too, I stumbled on to a simplicity with that one that I was never quite able to capture again. I find a great deal of inspiration in Japanese art and their sensitivity towards natural subjects. That knife broke the mold from before by using the entire side as part of the canvas. Before then knife engravers would do something pictorial in a frame where the koi was and fill the rest of the side up with scrollwork or other decorative elements. Engraving had used traditional designs for hundreds of years with little variation so it felt good to actually start something with a bit of originality to it.

Again thank you for your kind comments. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you are up to next, you are at an exciting point in the evolution of your work and I feel confident saying whatever comes from you next will be a knockout.
Your comrade in art crimes.
ATA

Thanks to your breadcrumbs I found your thread

I caught your mention of my work and am always happy to hear your input as well. I just didn't want to go off topic of your amazing work.
The whole using every square inch of the knife for composition is just amazingly well done. I wouldn't be surprised if you havent already influenced other engravers to try new things.

So glad you shared your amazing creations, and I will be sharing some new work myself in the next week or so.

You keep inspiring me and I am very thankful for that, thank you kindly

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Asktheanimals

Night Star
Do you still sell these items?

No, that's the only reason I felt I could share.
I wouldn't want to use ATS as a platform for self-promotion.
If I weren't disabled I would still be doing it.
I really do miss working.

Your artwork is very beautiful !!!!
So very sorry to hear that you are disabled and can no longer do what you love.
You have a gift that many wish they possess, me included.

Thanks for sharing your work

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Beautiful work my friend. You have a talent that should never be wasted. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

simply beautiful work sir..!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Incredible talent, and you made that snake in high school, 36 freaking years ago..

Just amazing..

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Wow, such poignant and beautiful work you do Asktheanimals! Thank you for sharing this with the community, I enjoyed viewing this as much as I do reading your posts. Such talent. This was the first time in my life that viewing art gave me instant goosebumps. Sweet!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NaturalDizaster

Thanks for keeping the thread alive.
Glad you enjoyed it and bothered to leave a comment.
Very kind of everyone who has.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join