It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asktheanimals' Art (new pics added 8/23/18 page 6)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Clear for me

With airbrush I meant a small spraygun with 0.2 needle tip

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I have used them with glass beads before to make a bright surface on gun metal. Everything on the engraved portion of the knives was shaped and finished by hand using files, aluminum oxide stones, sandpaper and compounds cloths.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I also have different sets of airbrush spray guns with a eurotec compressor . But it's been awhile that I did something with this artform , mainly because I'm now focus myself on doing the same thing with my wacom board. Its much cleaner and errors are more easily undone and corrected.And I'd like to explore new art like things too..

The only difference would be in my opinion that what you make is one of a kind and more unique as doing it virtually I think?
edit on 0b58America/ChicagoSat, 26 Oct 2013 17:18:58 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 26 Oct 2013 17:18:58 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

At least it can't disappear because your hard drive crashes!
I rather enjoy the idea that engraving is still done using mostly same methods they had 500 years ago.
(they do have machines as well as machine-assisted engraving but I do it the old fashioned way)

There is a large difference:
It takes years to master making and using different types of tools and to develop the muscle memory and finesse to be fluent with engraving. Your body position and even breathing can all affect your work. Because it requires great force to cut metal your work is held in a vise which sits on a bench. You must conform your body to your work and the various angles required to make the cuts. It's almost a dance but your feet never move farther than 10" or so.
Using hammer and chisel requires both hands used in conjunction.

Engraving is not forgiving of mistakes. If you make one in order to remove it you have to remove all the engraving around it. This also changes the thickness of the metal and can ruin the surface. It's like drawing without an eraser.
These are some important differences I can think of between engraving and computer graphics.
edit on 26-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Thank you for this. I saw your message just a little bit ago and came to your thread. Don't worry about timing, it was very good timing and I thank you.

Your work is absolutely beautiful. You have a great talent. I am very very impressed....

You brought me beauty inside the darkness.... Thank you

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I was hoping for that.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

wow that's a very nice description I do share with what I do with airbrush.. The precision and the patients you have to get in order to make your master piece , only works when your day is perfect for making raw art ..

thnx for reminding me of that! And as I said wonderful art you're making keep doing it because it builds up energy for the creator and inspiration for the ones who admire it ...

edit on 0b05America/ChicagoSat, 26 Oct 2013 18:13:05 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 26 Oct 2013 18:13:05 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Another thing about engravings - so long as they don't rust engravings could last millions of years.
While paintings dry , crack and fade, eventually turning to dust and paper disintegrates engravings will look exactly the same.
In that way engravers are like cockroaches -
been around forever . lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
At last an actual talented artist on ATS...much better than the usual (come on we all know who Iam talking about
) rubbish.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Rembrandt didn't start off as the artist we know.
What if he had given up because someone called his work "rubbish"?
People make art because they enjoy doing it, so it's really more for them than for us.
if you can't make a constructive criticism to someone's art please don't tear it down.
Maybe you know what it's like to have somebody trash your work - it's devastating.
Some people can't even try again after getting those kinds of comments.
(in fact that's why most people don't do art as adults - somebody has already destroyed their faith in themselves)

ATS is a community. We shouldn't treat each other like strangers.
We should support each other, not knock each other down.
There are plenty of very talented artists on ATS.
edit on 27-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I cook... that is my art form.. I know maybe thats weird to some, but it is true. The happiest moments are when what I made gave someone pleasure...

My daughters favorite photograph of me is me in the kitchen wearing my apron licking the chocolate off a big spoon... lol.. she said that pic captured the essence of me and whenever she would miss me she need only see that picture to smile and feel close to me.

I never cook for me, when it is me I dont cook at all actually... I do it for other people, to bring them happiness.... And I am a very good cook according to the majority..

People do art for other people, because its inside them and it gives joy to others. You did your art for me yesterday, knowing it would bring me joy...

Critisim, at tender times as a fledgling artist is growing up... can stop them cold I believe....

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Sorry dude I say how I see it, I will not pussy around saying something is good when it isn't. I will give praise when something is pleasing to the eye or technically sound.
When someone trashes my work and believe me they have I get up again and try harder, what gets to me is when art is bad and the person says it is the best painting ever...well I will tell the truth.
You are right their are many talented artists on ATS but the one Iam talking about needs to take the negative views and actually use them to improve.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Art is subjective and there is no absolute "this is good and this is bad'".
Just shades of in-between.
You don't have to lie but there are ways to deliver one's opinion that can either encourage or discourage.
For instance if someone's drawing looked flat instead of saying "it doesn't have any depth" you can tell them it would "pop out more with some more work on the shading".
If you are developed enough as an artist you should be able to point out the elements that aren't working as well as others.

You are fortunate to be made of thicker skin than many and didn't give up when people were harsh about your work.
Those that need to do art the most are often those who feel things deeply and are very sensitive.
I'm just asking to keep that in mind.

Thank you for your compliment, it is appreciated.
But it's hard to accept it if it's made by way of negative comparison to someone else.

If someone says "this is the best painting ever" they mean it's their effort so far.
A lack of agreeing opinions is enough to clue them in if it needs a lot more work.
A lack of responding posts will give them the same message.
People should take pride in their efforts though.
So If I can't find a way to be encouraging I just say nothing.

edit on 27-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Oh I did try at first with constructive criticism but after the threats of hell came for offering my opinion well the gloves came off

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Cooking is absolutely an art and one that gives pleasure to everyone you cook for!
It's a wonderful way of showing your love for family and friends.
Life without good cooks would be.........I shudder to think how drab and boring the world would be.
Like eating tv dinners for every meal.

I heard the news B.
My heart goes out to you.
I'm glad I could give you a moment or 2 of distraction.

Your art makes a difference in the lives of those you love.
Rest assured every moment spent was worth it.
Now is the time to lean on those closest to you and hold them tight.
You will get through this as a family.

My deepest sympathies.
ATA

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Oh I did try at first with constructive criticism but after the threats of hell came for offering my opinion well the gloves came off

Forum fights is a whole other can of beans.
One I try desperately to stay away from.
Sorry if I sounded overly critical of you, that was not my intent either.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Speechless is the first thing that comes to mind.
From there it goes to envy, decending into jealousy
and then to " Hey if I send you my knife ? "

Leveling off to where I am now. I can't believe
this only your ten thousandth post. Hah ! All kidding aside
I'm so glad I clicked and checked out your work "A".
I'll end with masterful.

Expect a PM.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Much obliged your Pharaonic Randyness.
I mean if Tut with shades sez so..

Thanks for checking out my stuff.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You are very talented ATA.

Thanks for posting your art.