It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Media: China Admits Japan Sub Intrusion, Says Sorry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
China has admitted that one of its nuclear submarines did penetrate Japanese territorial waters. Japan had tracked the submarine for days and after identifying it as a PLAN vessel, demanded an apology. China apologized today for the intrusion.

story.news.yahoo.com
TOKYO (Reuters) - China has admitted that one of its naval submarines intruded into Japanese waters last week and expressed regret over the incident, Japanese media reported on Tuesday.

Japan concluded last week that a nuclear-powered submarine that intruded into its waters off the Okinawa islands, 1,000 miles southwest of Tokyo Wednesday belonged to the Chinese navy and demanded an apology from Beijing, which later said it was looking into the matter.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I would not want to be that submarine captain when it gets back to port. No doubt if he is lucky his career will be over. Or worse he will be a �guest� of the state. Or this could have been a deliberate test fo Japans defenses.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Japans submarine chase may lead to China UPDATE: Japan Has Lodged A Formal Protest

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Fred you news hog, you, I was just prepping the story

Additional info:
This site claims the Japanese suspect the sub was there in the name of "gas exploration."

www.voanews.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
At least one Nation appears to be exhibiting a common sense and would appear to not wish more turmoil. Knowing the mind of China it may have been done merely to make others appear small minded. The Oriental mind is difficult to scrutinize. It operates in a obscure way

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It was fairly obvious from day one it was China. All this investigation, for nothing but a fake-apology. International politics amuses me.

new topics

top topics

join