It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which US State Matches Your Personality? Take the Test.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Take the test and read about each state at the link ...

Americas 'Mood Map'

Using personality test data from over one million people, researchers have identified three distinct personality regions in the country. Here, each state is colored by the region it belongs to and shaded according to how strongly its personality matches that profile.

Want to know where you belong on this map? Click "Take the Test" and answer the 10-question survey to see which state most closely matches your personality. Results are not recorded or reported to any third party.

When the returns were tallied, the country broke down into three macro regions: New England and the Mid-Atlantic states, which the researchers termed “temperamental and uninhibited”; the South and Midwest, which were labeled “friendly and conventional”; and the West Coast, Rocky Mountains and Sun Belt, described as “relaxed and creative.” How they earned these labels was evident from the regions’ Big Five scores, with the temperamental and uninhibited states, for example, blowing the doors off the rest of the country on the neuroticism scale and the relaxed and creative ones similarly leading on openness.

According to this I belong in Maryland.
But I'd really like to retire to New Hampshire.
Funny side note - Washington DC came up the least agreeable place in the country.

edit on 10/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If I was an American, or to become an American, it says I would belong in Oregon.
Personally, I don't think I belong anywhere in the US.
Too many rules, too much complicated paperwork down there for everything, from what I've heard.

Interesting for new immigrants to know where they would fit in the best though

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've always wondered, What state I would like to live and which one, Would suite me best. According to the survey, I should be in Oregon. Which is cool, Because I have friends there, Who said I would love it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'd thought I'd get my home state...

But instead I scored a state I would NEVER live in with all the spiders, snakes, scorpions..... That is why I decided to not return to Texas! We loved the people, the states culture - but hated the heat and creepy crawlies.

Anyhow, the survey say's I'd fit in New Mexico and my husband scored Connecticut. We live in MI currently, but being in the military once upon a time... we've lived in a few different states and another country.

NM was a surprise. S&F Op. These sorts of threads are fun.

CdT

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I ended up in... Wisconsin???

The top scorers on extroversion were the ebullient folks of Wisconsin

That can't be right.

Cool test.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've been to Oregon. Nice place and great people. You guys are just going to LOVE what I got. Illinois. Bwahahahahahaha....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

According to the test I belong in (North Carolina)...I have never been there. However...my (Mama) is from the South...and I have learned some (Southern charm skills) from her...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Bassago
I ended up in... Wisconsin???

CHEESE HEAD!!

intrepid
Illinois. Bwahahahahahaha....

Buy a gun ... keep your head down.
(Chicago Blackhawks ... Stanley Cup winners ... so you'll have some entertainment)

caladonea
I belong in (North Carolina)..

Fun beaches ... grits! .... but very swampy. We always keep our windows rolled up
when we go down I-95 through N. Carolina because it smells like swamp ... IMHO.

CirqueDeTruth
I'd fit in New Mexico and my husband scored Connecticut.

New Mexico - great food. Connecticut ... I was born and raised ... NUTMEG state!!

snowspirit
I I would belong in Oregon.

C21H30O2I
I should be in Oregon.

Very pretty. You could also go out on Big Foot hunts ...
edit on 10/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It said I belong in Utah. I disagree

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well that just goes to show how crazy online tests are....or those of us who take it...

I got pegged with New Mexico. A far cry from my obsession with Alaska.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I got Vermont, time to look at pictures of this mysterious place .....

Oh wow having looked at google images, spooky coincidence, that is totally the kind of scenery I adore and have daydreamed about since childhood

edit on 23-10-2013 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Well im not American. Well....I was not a few mins ago. Now im from South Carolina Yeeeeehawwwwww.. Where ever that is lol....Hey i will take it...Taxi!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

AccessDenied

Well that just goes to show how crazy online tests are....or those of us who take it...

I was told I should be in New Mexico too!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ok I am depressed lol I got Utah. Oh well. Can't see myself there.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

New Mexico...

I actually live in New Mexico and it's paradise!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I would think twice about taking online "tests". Who is going to use the info collected and for what purpose?
You can be identified by your url.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I placed right where i am basically. Neat.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Mikeultra

AccessDenied

So I guess Olaru needs to invite us over...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

AccessDenied

Mikeultra

AccessDenied

So I guess Olaru needs to invite us over...

Consider yourself invited!

New Mexico with it's diverse cultures, moderate climate, laid back life style, live and let live attitudes, focus on the arts, tolerant of counter culture lifestyles and stunningly beautiful landscape....a social and geographical paradise.

edit on 23-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
As an Oregonian I can tell you that you don't want to visit or live here. It's always raining, overcast when it isn't hot and miserable do your selves a favor and stay away. I got California when I took this test. I can't imagine living there. To many people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join