It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One man, One 26,000lb stone, one 2 pound hammer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am also believer that we humans have strange ability to solve all problems...

Just imagine, years of improvements and craftsmanship and you can see pyramid being built without aliens or some 'advanced' technology that we don't have any records off.

S & F

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Lets see us save the Pacific and Gulf of Mexico then!

He isn't building a pyramid with those blocks.

Those are Iron tools he is using!!

I have seen marks like that left on stones in pics of sites before. A connect the dot look to them when split. I can't think of exactly what location tho.

edit on 23-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

GEmersonBiggins
I don't recall anyone finding a single hammer or any tools at the pyramid sites.

They found tons of tools, all primitive ones of copper and stone. 'Course, there's tons of stuff besides the three big pyramids built on the Giza plateau.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Please explain Baalbek? Yes, I would agree that these were stoneaged peoples using only the materials they had from nature plus their brains, but a 1500 ton stone?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
These are Iron tools....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

RedShirt73

Please explain Baalbek? Yes, I would agree that these were stoneaged peoples using only the materials they had from nature plus their brains, but a 1500 ton stone?

Yea no clue how man could move blocks with... oh wait.

The human mind is the most powerful tool ever devised, I think its so sad people refuse to recognize the power we all hold in our minds.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Cool! Techniques like this and others were concealed from most people by guild law for thousands of years, so you can't blame people for not knowing about them, or for thinking they are mysterious, heh.

Also, I'd like to note that AAT does not say "Aliens built this". It says "In those cases in ancient times when humans appear to take a sudden leap from nomadic tribal groups with no knowledge of construction techniques to vast nation-states that constructed monuments which persist to this day...perhaps they had help."
People that like to ridicule AAT always portray it as the former. I wonder why??

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Transporting the Trilithon Stones: It's about Applied Physics ...

Internet is cats, however, for most is easier to understand.

Just a hint; anyone interested can quite easily run a search string on Google with [insert name of megalithic site] Construction Engineering, and (avoiding any site that has the word "mystery", or similar association in it) find a wealth of resources to learn from.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

benrl

RedShirt73

The human mind is the most powerful tool ever devised, I think its so sad people refuse to recognize the power we all hold in our minds.

So far he's managed to move a barn weighing, I would guess (more then likely I'm wrong about the barns weight as it maybe more) about 10 to 15 tonnes but how about a 1500 ton block? That's a far cry from 10 tonnes, but then again the same principles apply all you need is more leverage, lol. I'd like to see this guy try that, lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Tsurugi
Cool! Techniques like this and others were concealed from most people by guild law for thousands of years, so you can't blame people for not knowing about them, or for thinking they are mysterious, heh.

Also, I'd like to note that AAT does not say "Aliens built this". It says "In those cases in ancient times when humans appear to take a sudden leap from nomadic tribal groups with no knowledge of construction techniques to vast nation-states that constructed monuments which persist to this day...perhaps they had help."
People that like to ridicule AAT always portray it as the former. I wonder why??

Man, as we are now, brain power and all.

Has been on the planet 200k some odd years, and in the past 10k we got our crap in line?

I find that to be my biggest problem with AAT, because its lazy, and it disregards human accomplishments.

If we suffered another Ice age, all our vast knowledge and accomplishments would be gone, no record, ground down to powder under the ice.

There are far more rational and reasonable explanations before we jump to AAT...

Even 1 lost proto-civilization could account for that.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

RedShirt73

benrl

RedShirt73

So far he's managed to move a barn weighing, I would guess (more then likely I'm wrong about the barns weight as it maybe more) about 10 to 15 tonnes but how about a 1500 ton block? That's a far cry from 10 tonnes, but then again the same principles apply all you need is more leverage, lol. I'd like to see this guy try that, lol.

Do you understand what a proof of concept is?

Thats like saying "Sure that rc model of a 747 can fly, but I like to see one that could fit people fly..."

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well that was pretty cool to watch!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

coredrill
reply to post by crawdad1914

There is one thing wrong in what you said - In Baalbek, the Quarry is uphill, the temple is downhill. So rollers, and an understanding of Gravity & ingenuity helps!

Been a longtime since I studied this, you may be correct in the quarry being slightly uphill. But rollers, for a stone so massive? What materials used as rollers could possibly support the 3 million pound weight of each of those 3 stones set in the foundation? Simple trees if you could find them for use as rollers would be crushed by the shear weight of the stones. And what about evidence for a path from quarry to the temple? The topography is hilly with no evidence of their ever being a path cut level enough to move stones 1/20th the size of the Baalbek foundation stones And what of the unfinished "stone of the pregnant woman" which is considered even larger than the foundation stones, what was its purpose, and where was it to be placed? It sits unfinished in the quarry, why?

I understand the ability that the ancients had for movement and placement of smaller stones by conventional means, but I never hear truly reasonable explanations for quarry and placement of stones the size of those at Baalbek, explanations that truly account for the shear size of the stones. It seems to me the explanations used for quarry and movement of stones of the 3 ton variety are also used for stones of the 1500 ton variety. Its not a one size fits all explanation. The stones are so massive it is almost too much to wrap the brain around.
I plan to do a Baalbek search on this site, as I am sure the topic has been discussed before.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

RedShirt73

benrl

RedShirt73

Ummm...that is ONE guy moving it. Now imagine a crew of thousands.....I am pretty sure using even this one possible technique it would be done without much effort. All you are talking about is 9-14 more people, if that is even needed....could be less seeing that this guy is not exactly at his peak for age and fitness.....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

RedShirt73

benrl

RedShirt73

Ummm...that is ONE guy moving it. Now imagine a crew of thousands.....I am pretty sure using even this one possible technique it would be done without much effort. All you are talking about is 9-14 more people, if that is even needed....could be less seeing that this guy is not exactly at his peak for age and fitness.....

Thats another thing people forget, the fitness of ancient man was insane compared to ours.

We still see it in some places, usually aboriginals, things like being able to outpace a marathon runner easily, not from training, but from simply needing to survive.

We tend to view these people of the past with our soft western mindset, I couldn't do that so how could they type of thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Let's also not forget about The Thunder Stone, the base of the equestrian statue of Peter the Great...moved by man with no machines and no animals. Largest stone ever moved this way that is documented....and bigger than ANY of the others we are talking about.

edit on 10/23/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There is also the possibility that Vetruvius 10 Books of Architecture had roots in a much older civilization. The Tenth book in particular has many descriptions on how large stone blocks can be moved with pretty detailed manners of how to build the devices to move them.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Something you touched on that many seem to also overlook is the use of animals.
While some projects relied on purely human physical labor, let's not discount that many civilizations had bulls (monstrous huge aurochs, now extinct), horses, and even in some cases elephants that could have been facilitated for labor.
These animals were not unknown, and their use in domesticated labor wasn't a foreign concept.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Vasa Croe
reply to post by benrl

Let's also not forget about The Thunder Stone, the base of the equestrian statue of Peter the Great...moved by man with no machines and no animals. Largest stone ever moved this way that is documented....and bigger than ANY of the others we are talking about.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Horseman
en.wikipedia.org...

Thunder Stone

Carburis directed workmen to wait for winter, when the ground was frozen, and then had them drag the large stone over the frozen ground to the sea for shipment and transport to the city. He developed a metallic sledge that slid over bronze spheres about 13.5 cm (6 inches) in diameter, over a track. The process worked in a way similar to the later invention of ball bearings.

MACHINES!!!

Again, Iron tools!!

Iron Age....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Age
en.wikipedia.org...

^This is so wrong!!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
reply to post by benrl

edit on 10/23/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

1500 tonnes, well gee, seems not so impossible after all...

I find it distressing how quickly some people dismiss the merit of the human mind when there are historical examples of it readily available.

I guess its more enticing to believe some mysterious nonsense than common sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join