It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking the Leap (Advise)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Greetings to all,

As a long time lurker I finally decide to join the community. During my many years reading many great posts and ideas I built up a strong trust in the members of this fine gathering, i strongly believe that this population of people small compared to the world population is is full of many of the earths finest Philosophers, theorists, and various other "Basement genuineness" as i like to put it to my colleges when discussing topics that i read on this site daily.

my trust in this community has amassed to the point where i am now able to ask for some advise on the state of my current mental condition.

The Condition: Overview

I am 28 year old Male experiencing a mental issue for the past 5 years that i am trying to self assess, due to the nature of my employment "Military" i am unable to seek professional help because getting a certain "Flag" and or "Label" will cause many problems for me, certainly cannot afford to lose my income as i have children to support, and do not want to be placed on any "medication" and become put on some list, that would certainly prevent me from owning firearms as i am an avid hunter and outdoors-man, i supplement my families diet with wild nutritious meat and homegrown vegetables.

Condition Symptoms:

- Increasing occasions of not being able to remember peoples last names and rank makes for some very awkward situations (military), and happens with the people that i work with, i think they are starting to notice.

- having some problems processing most relatively easy tasks, the outcome is usually bare minimum or sub-par and according to peoples body language i have come to the conclusion that they must think that i am "Retarded" "Dumb" and what not. this happens quite frequently.

- when being spoken too and given directions my perception of time slows down by a factor of 0.80 (estimate) not sure really how to explain it possible (adrenaline disorder) (peanal gland dis-function).
also when in conversations with most people i tend to focus my attention directly on their mouth as if to lip-read them but my hearing is 100% according to the military.

- Sudden bouts of panic, nervousness, shaking hands, feeling heat. about once every 2 weeks. sometimes i have to find a place to sit and take deep breaths to calm heart rate. again military says i am 100% healthy.

Self assessment ideas

- PTSD

- chronic heavy metal poisoning ( Lead ) ( Depleted Uranium ).

- Adult ADD

- Early onset of Alzheimer's

- Govt experimentation ( Vaccinations )

- Disease related to wild game (Bacterial) (viral) (parasitic)

What do you guys think? i am open to all suggestions.

edit on 23-10-2013 by Craninalbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Craninalbliss

Disease related to wild game (Bacterial) (viral) (parasitic)

Do they have any cases of CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease) in deer in your area?

Now this may sound weird, but do you eat squirrel brains (or cook squirrels with the heads on the carcass)?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

There have been a few cases of CWS in my area Adirondacks NY State a couple of years ago but nothing recent and the deer that i take, do not appear to have any of the symptoms, as to the squirrel meat a very vague memory from my youth 5years old my grandfather used to make squirrel and rabbit stew i remember seeing them hanging and the taste was interesting.

thank you for reminding me of the Squirrel i will do some research on that.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

What a smot guy U are.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
First - Welcome!!

Find a doc you can trust off-post and seek the help you need there. Do NOT get "Command Referred" for the issues discussed. Self-refer before it gets to that.

That said ... what was provided was one OPINION.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Craninalbliss

There have been a few cases of CWS in my area Adirondacks NY State a couple of years ago but nothing recent and the deer that i take, do not appear to have any of the symptoms, as to the squirrel meat a very vague memory from my youth 5years old my grandfather used to make squirrel and rabbit stew i remember seeing them hanging and the taste was interesting.

thank you for reminding me of the Squirrel i will do some research on that.

I asked because there were studies done on clusters of CJD in Tennessee. It affected women in rural areas. It turned out that the common thing among these women was the fact that they cooked squirrels with the heads on and ate the brains. Men and children did not tend to partake of the brains.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Snarl
First - Welcome!!

Find a doc you can trust off-post and seek the help you need there. Do NOT get "Command Referred" for the issues discussed. Self-refer before it gets to that.

That said ... what was provided was one OPINION.

That is what I would suggest as well.
Hello and welcome!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have PTSD and have most of those same symptoms but I would never want you to think that you have PTSD based on what several doctors told me.

You really need to find a professional that you can trust and go that route. It is always best to be safe than sorry. There are just so many things that could produce some of the same symptoms that without running tests it would be impossible to diagnose.

ATS has some great people here and a lot of them have fantastic ideas and some of them are even Phd's but without those tests even they would be hard pressed to come up with a concrete diagnoses.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Mikelkhall,

Thank you, i was starting to think that i was the only one experiencing this, I will investigate this further. The problem being is finding a doctor that will follow patient doctor confidentiality when dealing with a military member.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just giving this one final bump.

new topics

top topics

join