It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adopt a U.S. Sniper? Yes, you can-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Would you care to adopt a sniper? Would you"Help real snipers get the equipment they need to keep us safe." ?
Quote from site follows...

"Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has organized 3 online vendor sites which offers the complete range of equipment needed for special missions."...

Be sure to check out items needed...
www.adoptasniper.org...

I'm am having a hard time with this- Why are our soldiers asking for all this equipment? Shouldn't they be issued this much needed equipment? Even the Defence Logistics Agency is a participant in this?

To see this is upsetting to me, I caught a brief mention of the site on CNN.
Check out the link below-

Adopt A Sniper

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah, let's send the snipers more bullets...

Associated Press
November 15 2004
BAGHDAD, Iraq
US Snipers Slaughter Civilians Crossing Euphrates
"I decided to swim ... but I changed my mind after seeing U.S. helicopters firing on and killing people who tried to cross the river."
He watched horrified as a family of five was shot dead as they tried to cross. Then, he "helped bury a man by the river bank, with my own hands."
"I kept walking along the river for two hours and I could still see some U.S. snipers ready to shoot anyone who might swim. I quit the idea of crossing the river and walked for about five hours through orchards."

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Surely this has to be flippant ? How can they not equip their snipers properly. Is it going to get to a stage where, soldiers are going to be docked their pay so as to pay for a rifle, boots etc.
If this is true it is embarrasing and disgraceful.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
*deleted* sorry double post, don't know what happened.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Yarnos]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarnos

Agreed...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Assassin

Originally posted by Yarnos

Agreed...

I concur- I really am let down by finding this. What a disgrace!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There is another site that is the same thing but not snipers its the troops themselves and you can donate or send a care package and im doing it! im waiting for an email that's sending me my k9 and handler and i can send a care package to them both its pretty good and i would like to see people from here do it aswell its for a good cause...

www.operationmilitarypride.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
......taken from Adopt-a-sniper website:

Q: How do I know that the snipers have received the items I sent?

A: The entire organization is based on a certain amount of trust.

I assume that these parcels cannot be intercepted by or this site is run by the 'baddies'!

Also look at some of the stuff they want:

GENERAL WELFARE

Auto, Motorcycle, Gun, Sports Magazines
Power Bars
Copenhagen/Levi Garrett/Skoal Bandits
Bubble Gum
Skittles
After Shave
A big fluffy towel
Eye Drops
Chapstick
Lip Balm
Sun Block
Skin So Soft
Lotion
Dental Floss
Baby Powder
Foot Powder
Combs/Brushes
Cotton Balls
Liquid Hand Sanitizer
Breath Mints
Contact Lens Cleaner
Nail Files
Stamps, Paper, Envelopes, Pens, pencils
Disposable Cameras
Film
Journals
YoYos
Squirt Guns
Frisbees
Footballs, Baseballs/Gloves, Soccer Balls hackie Sacks Jump Ropes Electronic Games/Gameboys CD Players/CDs Post Cards from Home
Mini Fans
Comics
Bandannas
Blankets
Bug Off
Single Sheet Sets Board Games
Checkers, Chessboards
Disposable Waterproof (Sandproof) Cameras
Padded envelopes w/ postage so they can mail them back.

And I thought they were supposed to be 'at work' out there.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I can see why they would want a blanket some bug off and an envelope... im donating $20 and i get a 4 silver bracelets but im not doing it for the bracelets im doing it for them.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I find this one questionable.
Maybe some of the military guys here can answer it, but I thought that military personnel in combat did not need to use stamps?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
How is any of that stuff the responsiblity of the US Government to provide to the toops?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Stamps for sending mail... i guess

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Auto, Motorcycle, Gun, Sports Magazines
YoYos
Squirt Guns
Frisbees
Footballs, Baseballs/Gloves, Soccer Balls hackie Sacks Jump Ropes Electronic Games/Gameboys CD Players/CDs Post Cards from Home
Comics
Board Games
Checkers, Chessboards
Padded envelopes w/ postage so they can mail them back.

And I thought they were supposed to be 'at work' out there.

They asked for a few things to do in any free time they might have and you make a flippant remark? If they get a few hours off a week or month should they just sit and dwell on where they are, or should they maybe read a magazine or play with a yo-yo??? Not to mention any single of these items will pretty much become unit property for everyones enjoyment.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
our troops have the equipment...

I listened to a radio talk show the other day, a marine was being interviewed who just returned from Iraq... who is also going back in June...

He said the reports we're getting are false... the troops are very welcomed there, the Iraqis want freedom.... and they have the equipment needed to do the job.... he said it's a small, very small number of soldiers who might be missing a piece or two of equipment.... nothing like what is being reported to us back here in the states...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
After reading the site more fully..most of these are non-standard-issue items that are generally not handed out to troops. Some of them look useful though.

I�ve heard rumors about REMFS stealing front-line soldier�s body armor. I think the IG should probably investigate these sorry sad-sacks and the distribution chain as a whole. Usually when stuff goes missing there�s a supply Sgt somewhere with his hand in the pie.

You're right...stamps are NOT necessary. Even envelops are not necessary. You can write your letter on the back of a cardboard box as long as it has a valid address and the post office will deliver it. That�s always been the case for soldiers.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally by ShadowMan

Stamps for sending mail... i guess

Yes, I get that, but in combat soldiers get to send mail for free. At least that is what I understood. You could not expect a soldier in variable inclement weather conditions to be able to carry stamps in the field, the moister would ruin them, so what they could not write home?

[edit on 11/16/2004 by defcon5]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

stamps are NOT necessary. Even envelops are not necessary. You can write your letter on the back of a cardboard box as long as it has a valid address and the post office will deliver it. That�s always been the case for soldiers.

Yes, I thought that was what they used MRE boxes for.

new topics

top topics

join