It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature Super Gentle, Insect shows its softer side by tickling a toad's belly ( will give you smile)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Good morning cheesy,
This is the first thread I opened. I love your threads, and I find you just delightful!

When I was about 8 or 9 I was sitting on the grass blowing bubbles from some bubble gum. A praying mantis landed on the bubble, and we were eye to eye, lol. My mother freaked out...I didn't...just carefully released it and let it go. They have never scared me. Very cool pics, thank you.

By the way, my son went to school with some kids from Indonesia. They were ALL genius level. Even though English is your second language, I find you highly intelligent...and adorable. *hugs* from Canada!
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Unthought Known

Night Star
Awesome thread! My great nephew caught a mantis a couple of weeks ago and we watched it for a while before releasing it. They look so cool and creepy at the same time. They kind of look like a weird alien or something. LOL

Funny thing is, that's probably the same conversation aliens have when abducting humans. "We caught one and observed it. It was so cool and creepy at the same time and kind of looked like a weird human or something"

LOL This is true.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

DeadSnow
reply to post by cheesy

It was probably trying to slice the toads belly open, "damn it! Skins too tough!". I'm not and will never be a fan of certain insects, like Locust, Mantis and anything bigger than 4 inches with an exoskeleton and the ability to stick to ones clothing relentlessly.

When I was around 8 this massive locust jumped on my t-shirt, I hit it and tried pulling it off but it just stuck there. Grabbed and stick and started hitting it but it didn't even flinch. Ran down the street screaming like a little girl and this old man just grabbed it and pulled it off, one problem, it's legs were still stuck to my T-shirt.

LOL I almost spit my coffee out!!!! I'm weirded out by spiders, I don't care how small or innocent they are. I scream and jump around like a maniac. OMG SPIDER AHHHHHHHHHHH!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

cheesy

Night Star
Awesome thread! My great nephew caught a mantis a couple of weeks ago and we watched it for a while before releasing it. They look so cool and creepy at the same time. They kind of look like a weird alien or something. LOL

Yeah They were Creepy If A size Of Eifel Tower

Georgeus avatar ms!

Why thank you kind sir, I like yours too.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I remember the first time I ever saw one, I picked it up and asked myself, "Are you sure you want to do this?" I let it sit on my finger and said, "You're fascinating and cool, but kind of creepy too, you're not an alien are you?" And no, it never answered me. LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Shiloh7
Cheesy,

Only you could come up with a tummy tickle on ATS - Wonderful! Great thread to make one smile. Thanks.

Tq to you too sir..have a nice day..

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

jacygirl
reply to post by cheesy

Good morning cheesy,
This is the first thread I opened. I love your threads, and I find you just delightful!

When I was about 8 or 9 I was sitting on the grass blowing bubbles from some bubble gum. A praying mantis landed on the bubble, and we were eye to eye, lol. My mother freaked out...I didn't...just carefully released it and let it go. They have never scared me. Very cool pics, thank you.

By the way, my son went to school with some kids from Indonesia. They were ALL genius level. Even though English is your second language, I find you highly intelligent...and adorable. *hugs* from Canada!
jacygirl

Good Morning Ms! Have a nice day..
I read your comment and wow you re a brave little girl..until know i dont want to tuch them hehe i have a very pain experience of mantis..when i was a child i go to backyard olay with my dog, when i get my shoes a big mantis strike my hand i cry for a whole day..but i already forgive it..

Wow what a great news hear my people there be a smart guy..tq Ms..may i give a hand kiss? Of course with your pleasure..tq once again Ms.Jaycygirl

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Tqx Ms..have a great day!
So Ms.Night Star you from Rhode Island? I wonder its a beautiful place..like your beautiful avatar..and your beautiful mind and heart with gentle comment..

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The lion and the lamb, dumber than a sack of rocks, and still able to get along better than two members of the most intelligent species on the planet. Eat your heart out, humans. I wanna be a toad!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Cool thread cheesy!
Beautiful pictures.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

nice dialect rofl.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

cheesy
reply to post by Night Star

Tqx Ms..have a great day!
So Ms.Night Star you from Rhode Island? I wonder its a beautiful place..like your beautiful avatar..and your beautiful mind and heart with gentle comment..

Yes, I am from Rhode Island and some parts are beautiful. Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Considering the praying mantis is a savage Insect he was only walking over the toad not tickling him. The Mantis is a known insect killer. We buy them to keep the plant eating bugs away from our garden.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Great lol , it seems The Furious Five have a new member...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

cheesy
A playful insect approaches the toad, which is lying on its back, and gives it a tummy rub using its tiny legs.
The mantis then tries to climb over the toad, but appears to tickle the amphibian before making its way across the obstacle..then..

Fahmi Bhs, a director for a medical device company from Jakarta, Indonesia, captured the funny moment in his hometown.
The 39-year-old said: 'The toad was on top of my car and I tried to remove it using a small fish net.

'It was funny to see this kind of encounter with small animals and I found their unexpected behaviour amusing.
'Both the praying mantis and toad were not hurt during the photographs and at the end they both peacefully left.

i am proud to bring this to you all my frends! its A nature earth Gentle From My Country!

edit on 22-10-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

Ooooo!! I love Praying Mantis! They're so creeping cool aren't they? My gosh they are so alien-like, they have always fascinated me. I love to look at macro photos of them so I can get an up close and personal view of them.

These pics are great, thanks so much for sharing them cheesy, they made my day!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join