It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please explain this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I live in a rural are in Argentina, today coming back home I noticed this very shiny light on my way home. It seemed like another star but very bright, I've never seen such a thing before. I took two pictures with my RAZR phone, one of them without zoom and the other with full zoom. I'll post it here and let me know. I thought of Venus but it was way brighter, perhaps ISON?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
No its not Ison Sir, But i see it too..here from indonesia, its the only one so bright innight sky here..i think its not venus,because we can only see venus so bright in morning or evening..maybe it Regulus,or Comet Linier that Explode
spaceweathergallery.com...
Snf, Wait till expert

edit on 22-10-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
My guess is a planet. Low on the horizon and particularly bright. Maybe Venus. Has been bright the past few nights for me. See if you check it out here www.fourmilab.ch...

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by falucho05

There's several star map apps you can download to your phone that will help you out. They're really cool. You just hold your phone up to the night sky and it tells you which stars are which.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

catfishjoe

There's several star map apps you can download to your phone that will help you out. They're really cool. You just hold your phone up to the night sky and it tells you which stars are which.

maybe you mean SkEYE application sir> you can download it from google playstore for android..

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Thank you, guys! I'm glad to not be the only one. The light it emits has sort of a golden hue, compared to Venus that looks white and it was constantly titillating. I can no longer see it, and this object has been there for quite some time my mom tells me. Hope it's something cool!
edit on 22-10-2013 by falucho05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Checked with Google Night Sky and it seemed Venus. As it's out of sight, I followed the same line as the object. It was waaaay too bright. How can that be?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Being really low on the horizon makes objects appear brighter especially if they a close planets which are pretty bright to begin with. Ever notice how large the moon appears when it is low on the horizon? Same thing.
edit on 22-10-2013 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

falucho05
Thank you, guys! I'm glad to not be the only one. The light it emits has sort of a golden hue, compared to Venus that looks white and it was constantly titillating. . .

Remember that when the Sun & Moon sink towards the horizon, the thick atmosphere you're looking through gives them a golden-to-orange color. The same happens with Venus (and everything else). Also, the thicker air near the horizon will cause greater distortion & sparkling. What you saw is consistent with Venus setting.

Here is the crucial question that is often overlooked in this kind of thread: Did you see Venus?

No, really. Venus is bright and obvious in the west, after sunset. If you saw only one bright thing, then it was Venus - you can't help but see it. If you saw two bright objects, then you saw Venus and something else. Then the conversation gets interesting...

Edited to add: See the thread called Astronomy: So You See a Bright Light?
edit on 23-10-2013 by Saint Exupery because: I told you already. Duh!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

The object in the picture is the Planet Nibiru,or soo called the Comet ISON.
It is known to be the homeworld of The Annunaki.

In the Mayan calinder,it's predicted to hit earth in the year 2012,which was incorrect.

I think it will pass by Earth this or the next year.
Studying historical events,the planet or brown sun Nibiru passes Earth every 3600 years.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalarn

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

falucho05
Checked with Google Night Sky and it seemed Venus. As it's out of sight, I followed the same line as the object. It was waaaay too bright. How can that be?

I'm not sure how to quantify what you think "too bright" is. Venus is currently the brightest it has been in months because it is so close to Earth at the moment. Venus will continue to get a little brighter into late December. Right now it is by far he brightest night time object except for the Moon.

Venus is actually bright enough right now to see in broad daylight, if you knew exactly where to look. Binoculars would help, but if you knew the exact point to look in the sky, you could potentially see Venus during daylight at the moment.

Venus is so extremely bright right now that if you were looking in the direction of Venus and saw an object, it would most likely be Venus -- or else you would have seen TWO extremely bright objects: Venus and the hypothetical second object. Did you see two very bright objects?

EDIT:
Sorry, Saint Exupery. I see you have already posted a similar post about "two objects".

edit on 10/23/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

falucho05
Thank you, guys! I'm glad to not be the only one. The light it emits has sort of a golden hue, compared to Venus that looks white and it was constantly titillating. I can no longer see it, and this object has been there for quite some time my mom tells me. Hope it's something cool!

If you see a bright "golden hue" star (or a bit of a ruddy orange color) near the west in the late evening/early night, then it could be Arcturus. Arcturus would be to the right of Venus in the current early night sky (as seen from the mid-latitudes of the Northern Hemisphere).

Both Venus and Arcturus are bright enough to see in the post-sunset afterglow -- and (as I mentioned above) Venus is actually bright enough right now to see in broad daylight, if you knew exactly where to look.
edit on 10/23/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thank you so much for all the replies! I will be watching the sky again tonight. This is how it happened, I got out of the bus and the object was in the South-West direction but up in the sky, when I got home it had moved further down until it disappeared in a matter of minutes. When I checked with Google Night Sky, the object was no longer visible so I just followed the pattern it took and I thought it was Venus. However, will confirm that tonight. I have a telescope but my dad ruined it, so I have to buy the replacement part. I'll keep you updated tonight with more details!

top topics

join