It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Obamacare Call Center Outsourced to India? Obama Giving Our Jobs Away?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

luciddream
Who is infatuated with Obama-fever other then the democrats? The OP.

I must have been born with a natural resistance. The first time I saw the guy I immediately thought snake-oil salesman.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

elouina

buster2010
The call centers are located in California. One in Concord the other is in Fresno.

Obamacare California call center prepares for influx of 4,000 calls a day

This is the number for the California exchange. In Illinois they most definitely outsource to India. We are talking about the national number. Are you trying to sway opinion with false data?

While everyone debates the policy points of ObamaCare, few understand that billions of dollars in IT contracts are wrapped inside the law. To meet federal mandates, states must upgrade their legacy Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS). These IT contracts are some of the largest awards in state history.

Last week, Illinois Governor Patrick Quinn became national news for circumventing a three year procurement process on up to $190 million in no-bid IT contracts. Now we find that one of the largest bid-contract MMIS awards will outsource state jobs to India.

In June, Illinois Governor Patrick Quinn's administration awarded a ten year $71.4 million staffing contract to Cognizant Technology Solutions. Cognizant ranks in the national top 10 for procuring H-1B visa workers. Evidence shows that the company is staffing operational headquarters in Chennai and Bangalore, India for the Illinois work.

In the case of ObamaCare implementation in Illinois, H-1B workers are replacing state employees and other state positions are being outsourced to Cognizant facilities in India. If this saved taxpayers money for better outcomes, Governor Quinn might have an argument. But at $218K of spending to replace $50K Illinois state jobs, it doesn't look that way

Implementing ObamaCare by Outsourcing Illinois Jobs to India

edit on 22-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

These people are LIARS

Just look at all the garbage and distorted facts they post
edit on 23-10-2013 by FreeMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeMason

The thing is, that I would welcome info that either proves or disproves the outsourcing of the call national centers, as long as it is accurate. It could even end up being that they use both domestic and International resources. I have extreme disdain for purposeful lies, pulling the wool over ones eyes, and propaganda.

edit on 23-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

elouina
reply to post by FreeMason

The thing is, that I would welcome info that either proves or disproves the outsourcing of the call national centers, as long as it is accurate. It could even end up being that they use both domestic and International resources. I have extreme disdain for purposeful lies, pulling the wool over ones eyes, and propaganda.

edit on 23-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

I fully agree but as youve noticed all they do is post warped historical examples to Reagan to say he did it also, or they flat out liar about their figures.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I can't say this with absolute certainty, but I'm in Kentucky and three new call centers have just opened up near me. They are rumored to be call centers for Obamacare. Not going to promise that is the case, but I was told this by someone who should be in a position to know. Doesn't mean that some of them haven't been outsourced. Just throwing in my 2¢.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

gemineye
reply to post by elouina

I can't say this with absolute certainty, but I'm in Kentucky and three new call centers have just opened up near me. They are rumored to be call centers for Obamacare. Not going to promise that is the case, but I was told this by someone who should be in a position to know. Doesn't mean that some of them haven't been outsourced. Just throwing in my 2¢.

It appears that Kentucky has their own state exchange like California. They have a website, KyNect.com and a different phone number (1-855-459-6326) from the healthcare.gov's ( 1-800-318-2596). And I also say kudos for them not outsourcing from what I can see so far.

So we are still looking for national call center info.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join