It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Those Bugle Boy Jeans You're Wearing? No. They're Necropants...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Just when you've thought you've seen or heard it all, you find out you're barely at the tip of the iceberg. Wow that is some intense stuff. Talk about taking it to a whole another level.

The time and effect to do this must have been unreal.

One of the commenters on the site asked a good question. Is this where the saying "kicked in the coinpurse" comes from?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Scorchio
Would you need to skin the willy region too?

Definately. Or you'll be poor. Imagine working for a living while wearing necropants?

You need the moneybags. The coin purse

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

LewisStulePhD
Those aren't Jordache™ they are the new Buffalo Bill Line..

I've seen their commercial. A dude near death looking in a mirror at his lower half saying
"Would you wear me? I'd wear me. I'd wear me all day."

Seriously though, the next Elder Scrolls game had damn well better have Drauger pants somewhere in the loot inventory.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have laughed so hard at this thread and some of you.
Who would have thought Dead Man Pants could have turned into an eerie comic skit?

Thank you to all who participated seriously and comedically.

Moneybags indeed....

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Oh no why, why did I click on this thread? This is bloody awful...blah (and we don't even have a vomit smiley)

It really makes you wonder about the mindset of the people of that era, just what the hell would posses anyone to go to those lengths for the hope of obtaining money?

Wow...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Wow. My mouth was wide open reading this too. We have believed in some crazy and even disgusting things through out human history. In south america they used to eat the dead to ensure they lived on after death. Good read. Sickening but a good read. Thanks OP.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: too much fluoride in my water

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That item make me hope against hope that neither aliens nor God are observing this planet and the goings on of the human race.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

The best part about this is, the way ads work on the net, this ATS page, for me at least, is plastered with ads for jeans. Ha! Who's going to buy pants anymore anyhow, now that we know that with a little elbow grease, some friends with risky hobbies or behaviors and a good knife, we can have highly-durable, environmentally friendly leathers.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Can you just imagine the person that decided this was their career choice in textiles? Must have been the cold up there that caused his brain to freeze. There can be no other explanation...

The killer in "Silence of the Lambs" was making a human suit.. wonder it this is where Thomas Harris got the idea for that disturbing character.

The hole in the front kind of bothered me. Perhaps this was the economy model. Some dude is walking around out there with the whole enchilada, well.. because he just had to have the best.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Reminds me of the saying "Walk a mile in my shoe's."

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I shouldn't have clicked that link. I can never unsee that! Good god, what were they thinking?? That is so unbelievably weird and disturbing. Hopefully, it wasn't a widespread practice. I do want to know how such a revolting superstition got started in the first place. Do you think someone just made it up for laughs, and like, one person took it seriously and it just sort of snowballed from there?
edit on 10-26-2013 by Rhoswen because: Last line of post didn't make much sense.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

I am not really sure what I can say about this except Ewww?!

Ewww pretty much covers it.

Of Course they eat putrified Shark meat that even Andrew Zimmerman from Bizarre Foods couldn't stomach.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If any women want to help make me a nice jumper like the pants PM me

(I would never need to leave the house again)

Yup very odd, I wonder If they are machine washable?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

charlyv
The killer in "Silence of the Lambs" was making a human suit.. wonder it this is where Thomas Harris got the idea for that disturbing character.

I'm pretty sure his inspiration was Ed Gein. Ed had a pair of necropants, IIRC. And a necrojacket.

I'd post some pics of Ed's leatherworks, but I think the T&C's would get in the way.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This has to be either a sick joke or the work of a lunatic. If the maker actually documented the part about getting money out of it, it shows signs of schizophrenic thinking on his part....like Dahmer thinking he could turn his victims into zombies. If this is only making news now, it was probably an obscure practise in Iceland, probably confined to a small group.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
All I keep thinking of, I know, I know, I'm weird, but, can you imagine the feeling of putting your legs into someone elses.... having to shift the toes, like those toe-socks, to get them on the right digits

Imagine going on a date with a girl, going home, etc. "oh this? Just my friend's lower half... I have to keep it on, d'youmind?"

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Some commented along the lines of 'this is weird/sick' 'can't believe' etc.

The scary facts are that weird sick unbelievable things like this happen all the time... at least this practice, though utterly disturbing, seemed to be on a basis of mutual agreements.

Female genital mutilation, killing and stealing body parts for muti/potions, raping young girls to 'cure' aids, burning/stoning suspected witches... in 10,000 years not much has changed, really. We're all a bunch of douche-bags, from the bottom to the top.

That (once) drunkard Australian comedian said it right, ya know, basically, out of all the religions, all the rules they each have... You only NEED one rule; "Don't be a C&%$"
Simple

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join