It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cellphones can cause cancer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Now I was watching this video and I guess that 90% of the world population uses cellphones.. And I have the feeling it is something we don't should ignore?

We are so fed up with technology that I think most of us don't give damn if it's true or not.
We will and want that just fresh from the market phones, and most of us only read the first few pages of the booklet that says quick install never mind the warning section.

But now insurance companies are going to exclude the insurance if cancer is caused by cellphones .
To me giving of this signal by the insurance companies tells me that cellphones are more dangerous then smoking.

In 2011, International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classified mobile phone radiation as Group 2B - possibly carcinogenic. That means that there "could be some risk" of carcinogenicity, so additional research into the long-term, heavy use of mobile phones needs to be conducted. After that, WHO precised that "to date, no adverse health effects have been established as being caused by mobile phone use." Some national radiation advisory authorities have recommended measures to minimize exposure to their citizens as a precautionary approach.

So there are risks of using cellphones and have this classification group 2B and the radiation that's emitting from cellphones is being absorbed by our bodies.

Part of the radio waves emitted by a mobile telephone handset are absorbed by the body. The radio waves emitted by a GSM handset can have a peak power of 2 watts, and a US analogue phone had a maximum transmit power of 3.6 watts

One well-understood effect of microwave radiation is dielectric heating, in which any dielectric material (such as living tissue) is heated by rotations of polar molecules induced by the electromagnetic field. In the case of a person using a cell phone, most of the heating effect will occur at the surface of the head, causing its temperature to increase by a fraction of a degree

In short are we not microwaving our own brains ?

I don't want to scare anybody but it seems that we sure have to look at this problem because if we not we might just loose our insurance rights for cancer treatment!

Peace and stay healthy ..

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Everything causes cancer these days... When the FDA comes out had says Mothers milk is on the list I'm going to volunteer to affix all the warning labels!!!!

As a Ham radio operator we've known for a long time prolonged exposure to high frequency radio waves can cook your brain... Kind of like a very low power microwave will cook popcorn.... POP POP POP... this is your brain on an i5
Makes perfect sense it would also mutate cells...
edit on 22-10-2013 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have always wondered about this. And the damage that wireless internet and mobile 3g and 4g can do to your body and brain. We are surrounded by waves and lets face it. No one really knows what its doing to us. Good job my brain is fried anyway thats all i can say

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here is a good presentation on the radiation produced by smart meters and mobile phones. He goes into a bit more detail on how the radio waves affect DNA and how they cause tumours. Worth a watch.

Edit to add, he also says that the iPhone has a warning in the small print telling users to keep the phone 15mm away from the head when in use. So clearly they know the risks but rather you don't.
edit on 22-10-2013 by CallYourBluff because: edit

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

I know we are exposed to this every day but how long would it take that it will affect the brain such way that you have to quit using those phones or in another way like using hands free sets ?

After seeing the video I'm really starting to think to minimize or maybe totally quit using the cellphone if I can....

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Don't put it in your pocket, and always use speakerphone.

The very few times I put it up to my ear, I feel off the whole rest of the day.

TeleCom puts out disinfo to make it seem like there isn't a clear link, but ... there is.

I figure it's Eugenics at work. Fools who put laptops on their laps (even preggos moms, yuck!!), or cell phones next to their schlongs, or ears... let them die out early. Sucks to be stupid, sometimes.

You lose! I win!!

Add: as for wifi being practically everywhere in high-density populations, we're going to be adapting to it, as it's a near-constant. I'm more concerned about randomly putting radiation next to my skull at inconsistent times of the day, every day, and for differing durations. That seems difficult for the body to adequately adjust to. Not worth the risk.
edit on 22-10-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Don't put it in your pocket, and always use speakerphone.

But when your conversation is very private , you don't put it on speaker for everyone to hear I would think? and for me that's most of the time..

Also if everyone is going to put it on speaker the noise on public streets or subways , trains and well you name it would be twice as much?
edit on 0b00America/ChicagoTue, 22 Oct 2013 15:26:00 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 22 Oct 2013 15:26:00 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

txt.

I will txt ppl and tell them it must wait, else must be txt out.

Not rocket science!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

True everybody texts nowadays ...That also contributes of getting less radiation.
edit on 0b56America/ChicagoTue, 22 Oct 2013 15:27:56 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 22 Oct 2013 15:27:56 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Not only that but the "machines" are competing for the negative ions in the air. As soon as | could rid MySelf of a cell phone | did so, that was 11 yrs. ago. Been microwave free for 1.5 yrs.

|'d opine that in a few years that science will prove w/out a doubt that both cell phone/microwave usage along w/dehydration will be the leading cause of Alzheimers, along w/various, new cancers.

namaste

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

I'm a meter reader in a small town in Oklahoma and the mayor is seriously considering upgrading to smart meters. They gave a presentation about how wonderful these meters were but when it was brought up about the long term dangers they stated there was no evidense.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's not "can", its "do" cause cancer. And people should be using headsets with them, not putting them up to their ears, if they have them for driving or emergencies.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Cell phones cause cancer? So can everything else.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

webedoomed
Add: as for wifi being practically everywhere in high-density populations, we're going to be adapting to it, as it's a near-constant. I'm more concerned about randomly putting radiation next to my skull at inconsistent times of the day, every day, and for differing durations. That seems difficult for the body to adequately adjust to. Not worth the risk.

And how exactly do our bodies adapt to WiFi simply because the exposure is more constant, from a biological perspective? Our bodies are equipped to A) repair damage caused to our cells and DNA and the like and B) to mitigate damage from hazards and harmful substances that we have evolved with exposure to. I believe that the simple fact is that we have no mechanism for mitigating electromagnetic radiation in the frequency range that all of these technologies, and thus cannot 'adjust' to somehow make them safer.

Further, if we're working from the axiom that cell phones may cause cancer (MAY being the key word here), then we need to look at the fact that A) WiFi operates at a lower power than most cell phones, and B) that WiFi operates at a higher frequency than cell phones. Since lower power is safer and higher frequency is (theoretically) more dangerous, then comparing the safety of the two is far more complex than simply the fact that one is more constant.

I'm not arguing that WiFi is in any way dangerous, but simply that your logic is missing scientific footing and not one that should be made without evidence that humans actually do have a mechanism for mitigating potentially damaging effects of relatively low frequency electromagnetic radiation.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Microbiologist

Hormesis, or epigenetic changes in respons to low doses of radiation higher than back ground levels. There is quite a bit of scientific evidence to support this. Google scholar is your friend.
edit on 23-10-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

etombo

Cell phones cause cancer? So can everything else.

Quoted for truth.

We all have Cancers in us, weather or not they mutate and grow out of control - is the problem. An astronaut whos never smoked could get lung cancer.

A cell phones radiation is firstly safe and secondly at the extremely low energy levels at is, no amount of "gentle" buildup over time is possible.

If cell phones really did give us cancer we would all be in hospital treating our phone cancers by now.
Phones get low and lower transmission power levels as technology increases our signal quality. So even if they may have caused something at some time in the past (they didnt) they would be getting constantly less and less powerful anyway.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Illogical garbage. We wouldn't all be in the hospital. Makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

If cell phones really did give us cancer we would all be in hospital treating our phone cancers by now

I really hope you're right about this.. I don't know how long you're using cellphones , But I use the cellphone from up 1992 or so, that long I have put this portable microwave against my ear. Reading stories like insurance companies stop covering head ear cancers that maybe caused by cellphones makes me somehow a bit nervous...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I was not familiar with the term, but I had heard of the concept before.

The issue in regard to cell phones and WiFi is that radio waves are very much in the non-ionizing portion of the spectrum. The protective effects from low-level radiation are the result of ionizing radiation which actually causes slight DNA damage and thus activates the (possibly protective) DNA repair mechanisms.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

0bserver1
reply to post by HardCorps

I know we are exposed to this every day but how long would it take that it will affect the brain such way that you have to quit using those phones or in another way like using hands free sets ?

After seeing the video I'm really starting to think to minimize or maybe totally quit using the cellphone if I can....

Lots of factors are involved... output power...wattage... how close you are to the antennas. ect ect ect...

For us the issue came about with our small handheld rigs... 2 Meter... check out this vid

edit on 24-10-2013 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join