It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis describes ‘ideological Christians’ as a ‘serious illness’ within the Church

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

As he is presented with the "scientific facts" which Geneva generated since decades, (the new pope - the one after Benedict XVI) destroys the Vatican once and for all, saying that Vatican was, and always has been, the Antichrist's dwelling. The people will love him.

Source

I wrote that back in January, while Benedict XVI was still Pope.

The purpose of Francis is to create a new vatican which will actually merge with quantum "science", new age and seduce even more minds than ever before.

To seduce more minds, this pope must first look like a good guy. So, he destroys the old Vatican.

All that I already predicted it almost 11 months ago, while Ben was still Pope and the Vatican was fully conservative.

edit on 22-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I agree with this pope,

High minded ideals are all well and good, but if there is no action behind it you are not a christian.

If america's percentage of Christians where "real" and not just people who cozied up to the Ideology to feel good America would be a different place, the world would be as well, if christians just acted Christ like...

How many kids are currently in foster care or are orphans? Every christian who has the room and the means should be taking them in.

How many homeless go unfed and unclothed?

Christians have been woefully negligent of their Duty to their faith,

frankly We christians deserve the ridicule.
edit on 22-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

wow just wow.

I might just start going back to church on Sundays.

What we are seeing is just amazing.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

If there's one group of people who are going to be difficult to convince that change is needed, it's a college of Cardinals.

These guys elect the pope, so they are the real power in the church. All of these 70 or 80 year old men with draconian views of the world.

You bring up a really interesting point. Just how did he get elected?

Did they not see him coming so to speak? If true, he must have kept his views very close to the vest(ment) for many, many years.

If they did know his views and how he would act then you have to believe he's there with their...umm... blessing. If so, what does that mean?

And why does this thread keep throwing me such fat pitches regarding word play?

edit on 10/22/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Well, he did live in South America right?

So maybe they were choosing a moderate on purpose, since Benedict was a failure on all fronts, and perhaps they didn't quite know who they were getting in return.

IMO I think the current pope trolled the college of cardinals.

They wanted a visionary and they sure as hell, pardon the pun, got one.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Can someone explain "ideological Christians"? Does it boil down to you can do anything you want, nobody can say you are wrong, to heck with morals, and everyone will still go to Heaven?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

IMHO the biggest problem with the Cardinals is that they are a euro-centric club. They promote the Euros and they think Europe is the center of everything. They are anti-USA ... anti-female ... and VERY attached to their power. And they turn a blind eye to the Vatican bank ... um ... issues .... because the bank is Euro-centric as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's because Rome still runs the world love.

And a lot of those Cardinals know it.

It's hard for any of them to imagine the seat of power shifting.

~Tenth

link   

I love this new pope.
No really, and I'm an agnostic, bordering atheist.

Yep as above , I'm agnostic but this guy is playing all the right tunes , only time will tell but I have the feeling he is a force for good and can drag the church back into the real world and make it reflective of the morals it preaches ... yay Pope Frank . (thumbs up)

link   

Riffrafter
Just how did he get elected?

EARTHLY SPEAKING - He isn't Italian, but his father was. His father moved from Italy to South America. Pope Francis has a very Italian heritage. The cardinals knew they had to expand out of having a euro-pope, but they didnt' really want to. This pope is a compromise ... he's not from Europe, but he's really very Italian.

SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING - Supposedly the Holy Spirit moved the Cardinals to pick the right person for the position.

Maybe both the earthly and spiritual reasons knitted together this time ??

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

aLLeKs
actually I read in some German news source that an unnamed source inside the vatican said that the pope makes himself a lot of enemies withing the vatican.

Very interesting. Could you post a link?
I read something similar in German recently (was it about secret wars of factions inside the church?).

I'm not christian at all, but I also like the new pope and I think "they" accidentally made a real christian their pope for a change.
edit on 22-10-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

jjkenobi
Can someone explain "ideological Christians"? Does it boil down to you can do anything you want, nobody can say you are wrong, to heck with morals, and everyone will still go to Heaven?

People don't like the scriptures that tell us to exhort one another in faith, to test and prove what is truth, or to denounce heresy. The RCC made sure to poison the minds of men, by their crusades, against ever denouncing anything or declaring heresy, but Jesus said in the last days there would come false teachers and false prophets to seduce the church and to cause apostasy.

Of course the false teachings will sound wonderful and good. You don't seduce people way with a aura of evil. You seduce them with things that sound true and good. In the last days the people will call good evil and evil good, and we were told when the last days began and that was in 1967 when Israel became a nation again. I know the Jew haters and Israel haters who cannot understand there are many who claim to be Jews who are not does not mean Israel is a fraud. No, they lump all Jews into one bag and say they are all of the synagogue of Satan, when that is NOT what it says.

Yeshua warned us over and over to not be deceived by the flood of lies that would proceed from Lucifer and his servants. This new Pope even declares you don't have to believe in God to gain eternal life. He denies the salvation work and necessity to follow Yeshua despite Yeshua saying, "No one comes to the father except through me."

I expect a non-Christian to deny Jesus, but not the Pope.

Mat 24:4-5 KJV 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:10-11 KJV 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:24 KJV For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Luk 18:8 KJV I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

2Th 2:3 KJV Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

1Ti 4:1 KJV Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2Ti 3:13 KJV But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2Ti 4:3-4 KJV 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Pe 2:1-3 KJV But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2Pe 3:3-4 KJV 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

99.9% of the church will lead the falling away, will drive the world into a New World Religion, and it will be a time of immense peace and prosperity. Jesus warned us to not worry when we hear of wars. The bible says to beware when men cry "peace peace peace" for the false one will be here and the whole world except for a very few called Zadok will be deceived.

As in the days of Noah so shall it be when Messiah returns. The flood came and took them all away. Who was left? Noah and his family, so when you hear Christians talking rapture and repeat the verse "Two shall be working in the field and one is taken and the other left" that they hope they are one of the one's taken, they are actually saying they want to be taken in the flood of lies from Anti-Christ.

Most people think Anti means against or opposed to, and yet it does not. It mean a copy. It is as when a waitress asks you if you would like sugar for your coffee and you say, "No thank you, I would like Equal instead of sugar".

It's not the real deal. It's imitation, and it fools people. The same with Anti-Christ. So, if this Pope is tickling your ears with things you like to hear that go against the word of God he has sworn to defend, then you know your answer as to who he is ultimately serving.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

OneManArmy

tothetenthpower

So now, that you have what seems to be a real Christian at the head of the church, what will the super ultra right wing religious people say?

That he's the devil? That he doesn't understand the teachings of Jesus and the Bible?

A true christian doesnt worship christ

Tell that to the millions of Christians who go to church each Sunday and worship Jesus.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

In the last days the people will call good evil and evil good, and we were told when the last days began and that was in 1967 when Israel became a nation again.

Israel became a nation in 1948.

People have been moving the goalposts for "fig tree / Israel" end times prophecies since the 1970s when I first started paying attention to them.

I expect a non-Christian to deny Jesus, but not the Pope.

That's actually the opposite of what he's saying. The Pope is saying to ditch the ideological baggage that is holding people back and embrace Christ and his teachings.

Are you a disciple of Jesus, or a disciple of some rigid ideology? If you spend more time condemning other people for their beliefs, telling them that they're wrong because they don't agree with you on even minor matters, and judging others than you do proclaiming good news, helping others, and living a life of piety, service and humbleness, then you're probably the wrong kind of disciple.

That's what the Pope is saying, and I can't think of a more fundamentally Christian message.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hey Adjensen,

You are right, I was combining the taking of Jerusalem with the actual prophesy. Thanks for the correction. It did start in 1948 and a generation is 40, 70, 120 years according to the bible. One is probation (40 years), one is the life of a righteous man (70 years), and one is the limit of one's lifetime (120 years).

I remind you that Yeshua said the last generation is an evil generation, thus it seems unlikely to garner a full 70 years. 1948 to 2018 is 70 years, and thus I see a high likelihood we will see many amazing things these next few years. Then this past year I came across Rabbi Judah the pious who lived in the 1100's who made some amazing prophecies that so far have come true:

He said he was visited by Elijah and told many things. He said that Jerusalem would be overtaken by the Turks and held for 8 jubilees (400) years and then sit as no man's land for 1 jubilee (50) years then it would come back into control of the Jewish people and Messiah would return in 1 jubilee. So far, he was right.

The Ottoman empire took Jerusalem in 1517 and held it until 1917 (400 years) and then the city was no man's land for 1 jubilee until the Jews took it in 1967. Thus we have 2017 again for 50 years later.

I had never heard of this man before I came to my belief that 2017 is a key time.

So, it seems right for the world to come under a new system, and that will happen out of a time of massive upheaval and chaos.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
James 1:17: "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Beware the shadows upon the thrones of the world.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

too bad. he won't last long, he'll be forced to flee over the dead bodies of cardinals.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Who is the author of confusion? Why do Catholics have to rush to defend Pope Francis' words by saying, "That's not what he meant"? I believe this confusion is intentional as the Pope seeks to bring the world into the Catholic umbrella of ecumenicism.

Notice How so Many Catholics Must Constantly Defend What Francis “Meant”?

If you have followed the many comments about Francis homilies and particularly his interviews, you will notice that many Catholics are constantly defending Francis not for what he said, but for what he meant.

They are putting their “orthodox spin” – and it is spin – to make what was really said sound like it was meant to be in harmony with Catholic dogma and doctrine. You may recall that the Vatican stopped publishing the full text of his daily Mass homilies because of the questions raised as to the doctrinal authenticity early after Francis election.
SOURCE

So, what is the new Pope saying that so many Catholics have to rush out and interpret:

Francis Misleads that Jesus is not God, not Divine, not Creator

Francis’ states in his interview with Eugenio Scalfari:

“And I believe in God, not in a Catholic God, there is no Catholic God, there is God and I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation. Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God, the Father, Abba, is the light and the Creator. This is my Being. Do you think we are very far apart?”

So, he puts in a strange "but" here thus saying that "Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God, the Father, Abba, is the light of the Creator." He is saying Jesus is not God.

It is the spirit of Anti-Christ that denies Jesus is God. What do we know of this man's life and teachings? Is he an honest man? Is he above politics?

In addition to being the first Latin American pope and Francis in the pontificate, he is also the first Jesuit Pope. Jesuits are known for their free thinking, intellectual contributions and are known to be teachers. There are Jesuit-run universities and they have their own presses and publish a variety of academic books. Jesuits are academically oriented.

Jesuits in Latin America received a bad reputation because of their development of liberation theology, a highly controversial movement condemned by Pope John Paul II. Liberation theology is essentially Christianized Marxism.

The term first coined in 1973 proposed that the Gospels demanded that the church concentrate its efforts on liberating the world’s people from poverty and oppression. They adopted Marxist ideas, supported revolutionary movements and criticized traditional church institutions. Essentially liberation theology is a form of Christian communism and based on the view that the teachings of Jesus Christ compel Christians to support communism as the ideal governmental system.

Christian communists believe that the Apostles practiced communism and that it was taught by Jesus who they hail as the first Marxist. When Pope Francis was Provincial Superior of the Jesuits in Argentina, he was accused of not having protected two priests who were kidnapped, and it was suggested that he was partly responsible for the priests’ prolonged detention, The human rights group Center for Legal and Social Studies in Argentina actually opposed Francis’ selection as pope.

CNN also reported that it was even alleged that Francis lied under oath during an investigation into the theft of babies from prisoners during the dictatorship. Francis testified that he never knew about the baby-stealing until after the dictatorship had fallen. An interviewed victim claims that Francis knew about it at the time. She said she had written to Francis about it. These stories hint of a possible dark side to Pope Francis.

Source

No one in the church will address these issues at face value. The world is being seduced, and for some to say it is knit picking to point out these lies and false teachings is to ignore the very word of God that exhorts us to correct one another in love, to prove all things as to lining up with scripture, and to denounce those that teach otherwise. Is it a good and love thing to allow your brother / sister to drive off a cliff just because they think it is rude to tell them how to drive?

Scoffers will scoff, the wicked will ridicule and deceive, but the righteous are never afraid of loving correction. Until the Pope declares that Jesus of Nazareth / Yeshua ben Joseph of Nazareth, came in the flesh, suffered, died, rose again and is God, then he is a liar.
edit on 22-10-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

because true Christians don't go around judging others for their behavior and creating legal challenges for their rights. Nor do they call for violence or mistreatment of people who do not follow their ways.

~Tenth

Let me say, for an agnostic, near atheism, you seem to me by far, closer to Jesus and is teachings, then some who say are Christians.

if my dear LORD permits me to say.. you're not far from the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It's wonderful that some can grow to become like Christ, and to be Loving and Just and Merciful, but we all start out as children, and many of us need rules (read ideology) to help keep us straight till we reach our potential.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join