It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I could KICK YOUR BUTT bad too...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Just been watching Ultimate Fighter 18, it's men and women sharing the house. It's been a really spectacular show so far. I'm just amazed. What kinda stood out in my mind was those 2 veteran women who both lost. They put like about 11 years each into the fight game making peanuts I'm sure. Then they finally make it onto the ultimate fighter and lose. Talk about devastating.

Like they both were so much hoping that this might open up a future for them, and then to lose so bad. Not even by decision, that's got to be hard. Like I know with me I was working on a dream for like 7 years. Then it finally started to come true. And then that dream lasted like 11 years. (not in fighting, in business). But then when things were going well I never in a million years thought things could fall apart. But ya they did and bad too.

Like it's so hard to get a dream to come true. And then even when it does, it doesn't last forever. Never does in many cases. And often times you never see the end coming until it's too late. But like for me things went well enough for long enough that I sort of bought time to try again. but I really felt for those 2 women who like they're dream might be over, like for real. That's just so sad.

Like especially in ufc where there's still not tons of womens fights so they want women who are both tough and unfortunately because it's show biz they also have to be good looking. So those 2 girls that lost there dream is over. Like I really felt so bad for them. But I guess even making it on the show is a bit of an accomplishment. After the show you could perhaps ride the fan fair for a bit. Maybe find a job as a couch eventually. But so much for the big time. Talk about a tough business to be in.

So you wanna fight??? I'll kick your butt!

edit on 22-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Ah yes, a sport you can win by humping your opponent into submission. Personally I would rather eat razors and sit on a barbed wire cushion than watch that tedious BS. A fight should take place while the fighters are standing up, not lying down getting good and cosy, with the gonads of their opponent less than ten inches from their face.

When I first heard of ultimate fighting, I was hoping it would be a kind of "you go until one of you is knocked out, as in asleep, as in not getting up again without assistance." not the current situation of "Well, you go until one of you humps the other guys arm so hard that he cries, oh and by the way, the only acceptable mode of dress for this event is skin tight pants. Good luck".

I want to see fighters hitting so hard and fast that four ribs and a jaw are broken inside of an eyeblink, not two men in a cage getting in touch with their feminine side, while wearing spandex.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I'll send thoughts to satan that he heals you of your desire to hurt people.

You don't have to accept the dark masters offerings, but you never know. You might like it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You know the problem with these so called "Veteran" fighters, they got too much to prove. Once you get older you loose confidence in yourself, mentally they were very stressed out and weak. We've seen it happen over and over and over again, last season it happened to Bubba (He kept losing to a point where I hated him). He had the upper hand it terms of strength, technique and conditioning and still lost, no self belief. Same thing goes for Uriah Faber, 0-2 in the UFC now (Minus the 3 wins he had in the ultimate fighter).

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

It's called Jiu Jitsu...

I want to see fighters hitting so hard and fast that four ribs and a jaw are broken inside of an eyeblink, not two men in a cage getting in touch with their feminine side, while wearing spandex.

They would break your bones in under a minute, believe me tough guy!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I agree with TrueBrit it's not really fighting more like wrestling without the drama...where's the cage ? , I've never heard of the show but it sounds like another reality series of which I'm no great fan .

Maybe find a job as a couch eventually

Like this ...

Sorry couldn't help it

edit on 22-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

I would LOVE to see that in a cage match, rather than these moronic, and talentless slabs trying to figure out why they didnt just become night club bouncers (because its all their pathetic hides are good for).

If there was proper action happening in those cages, it would be worth watching. There is not, and so it is not.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

TrueBrit

I would LOVE to see that in a cage match, rather than these moronic, and talentless slabs trying to figure out why they didnt just become night club bouncers (because its all their pathetic hides are good for).

If there was proper action happening in those cages, it would be worth watching. There is not, and so it is not.

Just admit it, you're probably not very athletic .

If you were familiar with Mixed Martial Arts you'd know there are a couple of fights that you MUST watch:

K1 Zambidis vs Chahid:

UFC 165: Jones.vs.Gustafsson (Youtube has the whole card up)

UFC 148: Griffin vs Bonnar: (go to 6 mins)

UFC 166: Sanchez vs Melendez (Go watch this to satisfy your craving for blood)

UFC ?: Shogun vs Henderson:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

TrueBrit

Ah yes, a sport you can win by humping your opponent into submission. Personally I would rather eat razors and sit on a barbed wire cushion than watch that tedious BS. A fight should take place while the fighters are standing up, not lying down getting good and cosy, with the gonads of their opponent less than ten inches from their face.

When I first heard of ultimate fighting, I was hoping it would be a kind of "you go until one of you is knocked out, as in asleep, as in not getting up again without assistance." not the current situation of "Well, you go until one of you humps the other guys arm so hard that he cries, oh and by the way, the only acceptable mode of dress for this event is skin tight pants. Good luck".

Ya I hear you. But ufc has changed a lot. Like here's a fight that you might find more interesting...Also a lot of bars show it with no cover charge now, which is cool.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

gortex

I agree with TrueBrit it's not really fighting more like wrestling without the drama...where's the cage ? , I've never heard of the show but it sounds like another reality series of which I'm no great fan .

Maybe find a job as a couch eventually

Like this ...

Sorry couldn't help it

edit on 22-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

How about these cage fights? Can't say that about all the fights

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It sure sounds like you insert quite a few sexually oriented tidbits into your post. You seem to emphasize a sexual aspect of fighting. Perhaps this has something to do with your own un-addressed feelings...

Tight spandex and proximity of genitals are not the first thing i would think of if i risked losing teeth or breaking bones... but that's just me.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with 'competition' and how positively it can be utilized by men like... us.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

I have no problem with competition. I have played competative sports, and enjoy a contest as much as the next person. What I have an issue with, is calling a thing "Ulitmate" when what it should be called is "Second rate".

There is no finesse at all in UFC. None. Another poster mentioned Jiu Jitsu. I have seen moves from that fighting style employed by PROPER practitioners, which would snap every single slab of barely human mess, that ever walked into a televised UFC match, in half like a dry twig, which in my book means that the franchise ought to be sued for false advertising at the very least. Ultimate fighting should be about the fastest, most skillful employment of martial arts ever recorded or televised, and it falls pretty bloody short of that, baring in mind the poor form of most of its fighters, when compared to say eastern practitioners of mixed styles.

It lacks quality. Lump that together with the idea of fighting in ones bathing suit, and what you have is an unwatchable mess.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

How about these cage fights? Can't say that about all the fights

Yeah that's more like it , proper Friday night after the pub style fighting .
The guy against the Sumo dude was a bit of a slow boiler but an interesting watch nevertheless

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Becoming a "MASTER" takes years in certain disciplines. Most of the fighters in the UFC are still relatively young so you can't expect them to compete in lets say Jiu Jitsu, with a 20+ year black belt. He would tear their limbs off, but then again after you hit your prime your performance goes down. You have to put cardio and strength into consideration.

I'd say learn Muay Thai for stand up and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for the ground. A fight will almost always go to the ground. These fighting styles don't look pretty but they're more effective than that Shaolin Monk BS.

P.S Throw a boxer into that "Octagon"(What an appropriate shape for such a bloody sport) and he will get pulverized.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You gotta watch Sanchez Vs Melendez, best fight I've seen in my life!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

No fight worth watching ends up on the floor. It ends when one man is asleep before he hits the mat because someone just drove a piston fist straight through his face. Otherwise, its a pretty lame fight.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

LOL...

Talk is cheap on the internet... I wonder if you've ever actually been in a ring before?

I was a boxer for two years, and a kickboxer for a little while... of course that was over 10 years ago...

UFC wasn't even close to as popular back then... but I used to watch it when it started, back in the Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock days...

I wouldn't get in the ring with a MMA fighter... not even back then

And if you're smart neither would you, even if you've fought in the ring before...

edit on 22-10-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

P.S Throw a boxer into that "Octagon"(What an appropriate shape for such a bloody sport) and he will get pulverized.

That already happened a few times... James Toney was the HeavyWeight champ... a wicked boxer!!

But he learned fast that boxing isn't the same as MMA...

He quit in 2 fights I believe... lost both...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by chadderson

I have no problem with competition. I have played competative sports, and enjoy a contest as much as the next person. What I have an issue with, is calling a thing "Ulitmate" when what it should be called is "Second rate".

There is no finesse at all in UFC. None. Another poster mentioned Jiu Jitsu. I have seen moves from that fighting style employed by PROPER practitioners, which would snap every single slab of barely human mess, that ever walked into a televised UFC match, in half like a dry twig, which in my book means that the franchise ought to be sued for false advertising at the very least. Ultimate fighting should be about the fastest, most skillful employment of martial arts ever recorded or televised, and it falls pretty bloody short of that, baring in mind the poor form of most of its fighters, when compared to say eastern practitioners of mixed styles.

It lacks quality. Lump that together with the idea of fighting in ones bathing suit, and what you have is an unwatchable mess.

Besides a few basic rules to protect the fighters, like no cheap shots, mma is how people really fight

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Akragon

LOL...

Talk is cheap on the internet... I wonder if you've ever actually been in a ring before?

I was a boxer for two years, and a kickboxer for a little while... of course that was over 10 years ago...

UFC wasn't even close to as popular back then... but I used to watch it when it started, back in the Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock days...

And if you're smart neither would you, even if you've fought in the ring before...

That already happened a few times... James Toney was the HeavyWeight champ... a wicked boxer!!

I'll poke u in the eye ball, palm strike to the nose, chop to the throat, then knee to the groin and you'd be out.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

spartacus699

Akragon

LOL...

I'll poke u in the eye ball, palm strike to the nose, chop to the throat, then knee to the groin and you'd be out.

yup that would probably do it....

i'll take that as an admitting you've never been in the ring...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join