It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 of the best paranormal photographs.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

That Amityville boy photo always intrigued me. Those eyes are extremely unnerving.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Brown Lady Of Rayhham Hall, even though it is now questionable, is still my favorite.
It was the first ghost picture I ever saw. I remember it .. 4th grade ... Hallween party at school.

That being said ... the best ghost picture I ever saw was on a tv show. It was in a cemetery at night.
A man was saluting at a grave stone and you can see the light coming out of the stone and going
over his head. It looks like there was a soul in the light over his head.

It MIGHT have been on Paranormal Witness. But I"m not sure.

I'm googling trying to find it.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Number 5 disturbs me even though it was taken in 1919.

The ghost photo behind the sailor is way too sharp and clear with a higher resolution. It doesn't match the black and white texture or quality of the rest of the photo - it's way sharper where as the rest of the photo is grainy with that old time black and white low resolution. - This is easily seen if you look.

Can there be a normal explanation for this? If not, I'd say this too was faked.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix

Can there be a normal explanation for this? If not, I'd say this too was faked.

That is not an objective, scientific attitude. There are THREE possibilities:
1. normal phenemenon mistaken for a paranormal event;
2. photo faked;
3. genuine photo of apparition.

Just because you don't want to accept the possibility of (3), this is not a scientifically reason to ignore it. The correct scientific approach is to evaluate the first and second possibilities and accept possibility (3) if the former can be eliminated with certainty.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Well, I'm asking, what do you think? Do you see what i'm talking about ?

I wont discount the possibility that it's real but i'd like to know all the things that could account for this.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by abdctd

Okay, you claim theyre FAKE, explain and show us how they are FAKE please

Well, let's see:

#10 could very easily have been a double exposure. Just because the person who took the photo says they didn't see anything when they took it doesn't mean they're not lying - or even accidentally creating a double exposure. I've done it accidentally myself many years ago before digital cameras...you don't wind the film all the way, take another picture and there is the "ghost" of the first picture on the second one. Even Mary Todd Lincoln was scammed with a picture of dead Abraham standing behind her...by double exposure fakery.

31.media.tumblr.com...

#9 Grainy picture causing pareidolia - BTW I don't see a little boy to the left of the left arrow, I see an alien!

#8 Wasn't this already proven to be a cut-and-paste fake?

#7 To me that just looks like a picture of some chick sitting there. She's not even semi-transparent like a "ghost" is supposed to be.

#6 See #7 - just someone non-transparent standing there.

#5 Could be double exposure or just some guy in back peeking around or even a picture on the wall.

#4 Just some guy standing against the wall. Doesn't matter if "no one remembers him there"...there he is. And if he supposedly doesn't show up on the high speed film from the same angle, why is that high speed film clip conveniently missing?

#3 Very easily done with the oldy timey cameras of the time. It took like an hour to get this picture. In that time, if you were to quickly walk to the chair and sit there still for a minute, then quickly leave - this is the picture you would get.

#2 Kinda creepy - but then again, just because they said no one was there doesn't mean they were telling the truth.

#1 The famous Brown Lady... long exposure combined with a little accidental shaking and overexposed lighting.

Now I am obviously not claiming that these are the absolute answers - I'm certainly not an expert, these are just more reasonable and likely explanations in my opinion than "ghosts".

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Thanks so much for the link to the ghost photo's. Many I haven't seen before and being from Australia I absolutely loved Photo Number 6 - The Corroboree Rock Spirit - 1959.

Snapshot taken by a Reverend of all people and way way before the time where photoshop was ever thought of.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join