It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have a complete list who voted for the Patriot act?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It seem the biggest threat to the US Constitution is the Patriot Act. I would like to know who voted for it originally and who keeps extending it. I wonder if there could he a class action suit against the will full and un just violation of the set of laws that made this great nation. I don't care what candy coated lie they use to work around it. Obamas latest rant in saying the Supreme Court doesn't have the jurisdiction to here the unlawful and un warranted eavesdropping on non criminals? Its time to repeal this law or at least its backers.

Is this all that's left? Blind sheep and bottom feeders.

Bill

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Senate and House Vote Roll Call on U.S. Patriot Act 2001 & 2006

A simple Google search would have sufficed. That was literally the first link available when I typed who voted for patriot act into Google.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

Russ Feingold was the only Senator to vote against the USA PATRIOT Act during the first vote on the legislation.

These are the 98 U.S. senators for voted in favor of the US Patriot Act of 2001 (Senator Landrieu (D-LA) did not vote) Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin was the only senator who voted against the Patriot Act on October 24, of 2001. [See listing]

These are the 89 U.S. senators who voted in favor of the March 2, 2006 Patriot Act Reauthorizing Act. [See listing] LINK

These are the 10 US senators who voted against the Patriot Act Reauthorizing Act of March 2006. The senators in bold type voted in favor of the Patriot Act in 2001.

NAYs ---10
Akaka (D-HI)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Byrd (D-WV)

Feingold (D-WI)
Harkin (D-IA)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Murray (D-WA)
Wyden (D-OR)

Inouye (D-HI) did not vote on the 2006 Patriot Act Renewal
U.S. House of Representatives Vote on US Patritot Act 2001 & 2006...

What is equally interesting is "Anti-Occupy" law ends American's right to protest also had a near unanimous yes vote.

...Last year’s “occupy movement” scared the government. On March 8, President Obama signed a law that makes protesting more difficult and more criminal. The law is titled the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act, and it passed unanimously in the Senate and with only three “no” votes in the House. It was called the “Trepass Bill” by Congress and the “anti-Occupy law” by everyone else who commented.

The law “improves” public grounds by forcing people - protestors - elsewhere. It amends an older law that made it a federal crime to “willfully and knowingly” enter a restricted space. Now you will be found guilty of this offense if you simply “knowingly” enter a restricted area, even if you did not know it was illegal to do so. The Department of Homeland Security can designate an event as one of “national significance,” making protests or demonstrations near the event illegal.

The law makes it punishable by up to ten years in jail to protest anywhere the Secret Service “is or will be temporarily visiting,” or anywhere they might be guarding someone. Does the name Secret tell you anything about your chances of knowing where they are? The law allows for conviction if you are “disorderly or disruptive,” or if you “impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions.” You can no longer heckle or “boo” at a political candidate’s speech, as that would be disruptive.

After you swallow all of this and correctly conclude that it is now very easy to be prosecuted for virtually any public protest, you should brace yourself and appreciate that it is even worse. Today, any event that is officially defined as a National Special Security Event has Secret Service protection. This can include sporting events and concerts....

FREE COUNTRY??? You have got to be kidding me. Foreigners refuse to fly to the USA because of Grope-N-Fly.

And the police can now kill at will with no repercussions in court.. Militarized police overreach: “Oh, God, I thought they were going to shoot me next” Local law enforcement's often using SWAT teams to do regular police work. The results are frightening -- and deadly

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i was fixin to say,

didn't all of em.

none of them wanted to look unpatriotic, even if they knew better.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

So it looks like the original vote was 2001 then the extension 2006. Was that the last time it was voted on? Will there be another extension or is it now the law?

Bill

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

obama signed a extension in 2011 for four years covering wire taps, searching of business records, and surveillance of lone wolf types.

don't really know much more.

here is a pretty good wiki on the subject.

Patriot Act

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie

obama signed a extension in 2011 for four years covering wire taps, searching of business records, and surveillance of lone wolf types.

don't really know much more.

here is a pretty good wiki on the subject.

Patriot Act

Thanks for the link!

Bill

top topics

join