It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shooting in Sparks, Nevada Middle School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

A shooting at Sparks Middle School in northern Nevada was confirmed by police this morning.

A bulletin posted on the Sparks Police Department's website warned residents to stay away from the middle school.

Authorities said they "believe the suspect has been neutralized."

The circumstances surounding the reported shooting were not immediately known.

Parents have been told to go to Sparks High School to pick up their children.

Sparks is located just a few miles east of Reno, Nev.

Neutralized usually means dead... Not much else known or how bad this could be quite yet..
www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

A 12-year old boy was shot reported by several sources.

www.nydailynews.com...

A shooting suspect at a northern Nevada middle school is in custody after opening fire in a classroom and injuring at least one child according to police and local reports.
A 12-year-old boy was shot as classes at Sparks Middle School were beginning, placing the school on lockdown, cops told RGJ.com.

edit on 21-10-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
May the dead rest in peace.

-

The sudden increase in school shootings the last few years is really suspicious. I mean it is very, very convenient for the Obama regimes gun grabbing agenda....

There are no coincidences.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

The rise in bizzaro logic is also troubling.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

A more logical conclusion would lie in the sociological changes in the recent decade or two. Social media is influencing the lives of many more and more taking bullying to another extreme, while more people tend to escape reality through different video games or watching other ways of violence. Add in the increasing number of people with mental disorders and that is what is behind the increasing number of school shootings.

I also believe it to be sort of Werther Effect. When somebody being bullied or for some other reason commit such act of horror, some who might be in similar condition might identify with them and see the only solution in commiting something similar, as that seems the solution. There have been numerous studies confirming such effect in suicide rates being in correlation with media exposure to other suicides. When some suicide gets lots of attention, people (usually from same age group, similar problems) identify and decide for same action. The schools shootings have gotten extreme media exposure and this might play some effect.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

With all due respect. "may the dead rest in peace"

then on with the agenda...

At least hide a little better.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I do not disagree that there are a multitude of factors.

Im simply pointing out the correlation of an increase in school shootings and the gun-grabbing agenda of the current regime.

Correlation does not necessarily equal causation, I am well aware. However when trying to figure out what is the cause of something, all correlations need to be taken into consideration, of which the above is one.

And I dont believe in convenient coincidences, especially when corrupt government is concerned.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sikko45

Amazing how some are so offended with even a suggestion of conspiracy on a fricken website thats dedicated to it....

My agenda is discovering the truth in all matters. If that means exploring uncomfortable terrain such as this, then so be it.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Signs of the Covert Op:

--if the Feds show up

--if the shooter is wearing all black and/or camoflage

--if there is no believable motive

--the gunman is described as vacant, robotic, or expressionless

--evidence that others aided the lone gunman

--if the perp was on SSRIs or had been mentally 'treated'

--if he had prior contact with the military or police

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It is now 2 killed and 2 injured. Reports are now saying the shooter took his own life.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

The rise in bizzaro logic is also troubling.

Prediction using "bizzaro logic": Feinstien or one of the other gun-grabber-goons capitalize on this situation to push their plans to further regulate even further firearms from the 80,000,000 law abiding citizens (who own firearms) who have never, and will never commit an act of murder, and the battle cry will be "its for the children!".

Again, all a convenient coincidence? Not where corrupt government is concerned.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Witness says the shooter is 13-14 years old, wearing Sparks Middle School Uniform.

The usual ridiculous, militarized response:

Overheard:
"Yay, we get to play dress-up!"

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
From what I have read it seems that the teacher could be the hero in this event. They charged the student and were shot and subsequently killed. It could have been just what was needed to prevent further victims. A selfless act that saved lives. Prayers for all of the families affected.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Nevada National Guardsman...

Link

Leaves behind a wife and 2 step-daughters...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
www.sacbee.com...
(witness Tony Flores)Police arrived within minutes, he said – hundreds of them.

Hundreds of them? Hmmm..... I guess they were ready. Maybe a little too ready, if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The cops and the school are NOT going to release the shooter's name. This is very unusual. I suspect his parents are employed by the school district or the police department.

www.rgj.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is extremely sad. The kid was screaming at the kids that were bullying him while he was shooting them and just before he turned the gun on himself. This underlines the severe need to end all bullying in schools. I feel really bad for the kid, I really do. You would have to be going through severe emotional pain to think that was your only way out.

Some of the supposed facts in this thread are completely off. No one rushed anyone the teacher who was killed tried to talk him down. The kid was not shot he killed himself. He was screaming "why are you doing this to me?" and other things. Other students stated they had seen him being severely bullied.

"He was yelling a bunch of things while we were running," Nucum said. "He was yelling stuff like, 'Why are you laughing at me? Why are you doing this to me?'"

Amaya said she "saw him getting bullied a couple of times, and I think he took out his bullying."

www.cnn.com...

While the teacher attempted to do a great thing I would expect nothing less from a marine. Most of my family are marines. My family and myself would run towards trouble not away from it. The kid was targeting specific people and he hit his targets I don't believe they were killed though. You know I don't think its a fair trade. If people were torturing this kid and they lived and the teacher didn't.

True to his character, the former Marine, a popular math teacher at Sparks Middle School, rushed to help others when the shots erupted.

The teacher who died, Mike Landsberry, appeared to be trying to stop the incident when he was shot dead, Miller said Tuesday.
"It almost appears like he tried to talk him down," he said.

Semper Fidelis

The teacher deserved to live IMHO. You can hate me all you want for that view but the teacher wasn't torturing people. When I was in HS I saw kids bring all kinds of weapons to school because of the horrible abuse that went on. Even scalpels. They tried reporting it and the principal did nothing, said kids will be kids. I ended up in home school and private schools because it was so violent.

Anyhow the CNN news article is up to date doesn't say anyone rushed anyone. Kids ran away and teacher walked towards the kid trying to talk him down. This isn't an SSRI mass shooting. Was one kid who thought he had no other options. So just to recap the shooter who was 12 yrs old is dead and the teacher is dead. No kids are dead. They were only wounded.
edit on 23-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpintology

www.deseretnews.com...

I just barely joined ATS so am not allowed to post a new topic. Today, at Mountain View High School in Orem, Utah, a boy stabbed 4 of his classmates before stabbing himself. One was stabbed in the head and another in the neck. This happened in the boys locker room just before school started. Surprisingly, the school didn't close for the day!

new topics

top topics

join