It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Time Travelers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The question that comes to mind is don't you think that other people of that era would be a little shocked to see someone communicating with a "magic box"? I don't see any reaction from them in the videos.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

KEMIK
The question that comes to mind is don't you think that other people of that era would be a little shocked to see someone communicating with a "magic box"? I don't see any reaction from them in the videos.

This seems like the most logical answer to your question, at least to myself(posted on page one):

dragonridr
reply to post by GareyGaia

The stuff you think is cell phones are actually hearing aids they weren't small and compact like today they were boxes you held to your ear.

www.roger-russell.com...

As to time travel. If possible, I am leaning towards instead of it changing the present, it creates it's own dimension and plays out separately from the point of origin dimension. If possible...

edit on 10/21/2013 by mcx1942 because: eta

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
There could be other explanations such as humans existing along dinosaurs, and this life being present longer ago than once thought. That doesn't mean that time travel isn't a viable subject. I thought about it last night and think it may be spontaneous more than something invented by the rational mind. Prophets, astral travel, time anomalies - some explained away by other things but not all of it. Maybe when the reasoning mind gets on board it isn't possible because executive functioning depends on time too much; time being a requirement for the stability it requires to function as it does.

Time in space is a bit different than time closer to the center of gravity, just as time is perceived as slower the faster it moves relative to another object (reference below). Even if small differences, those findings tell us time is affected by outside influences. If you take what physicists have discovered and also apply our ability to remember and imagine, which are both forms of time travel - in the mind, maybe there is an untapped or overridden ability there. Whose to say a certain anomaly in space acting on the earth couldn't act on us to take us to the next level.

When one is moving faster than another object, and time seems to slow down this reminds me a lot of what happens during the fear response. I've experienced it - got into a car accident and time seemed to slow down. It probably didn't but my brain perceived it as doing so because it is a protective mechanism. Is it about perception only, or do physics hold true in these circumstances? And why isn't it something that can be controlled? Perhaps because survival depends on it being a temporary state. If physics hold true the molecules would cancel each other out if suspended in that state for more than a moment.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Aren't those Buddhist stupas seen in the engraving and not vimanas...?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think it's simpler to think and believe that men, dinosaurs, trilobites and all the rest were together from the beginning. The evidence could support time travel too, but time travel is unproven.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Hanslune
A mass of long ago debunked claims re-stated.........why not look what research has been done on them instead of posting them and acting like they have not been previous addressed.....scores if not hundreds of times?

I know you are correct, however,

don't spoil our fun.

Threads like these are great fun, I really enjoy them. Good slightly skewed speculation is a heck of a lot of fun and interesting. The best one was saying Keith Richards could be a time travelling Mummy, about knocked me off my recumbent bike laughing.

If I could time travel, which I would dearly love to!!!!

The first thing I'd do is comfort my 12 year old self and my mother at the beginning of the Tet Offensive when we did not know for 2 weeks if my father was dead or alive. He was alive but profoundly changed.
I'd also give me and mom a lot of stock tips

Heh, Obama, they say you have time travelled:
send me round trip back to Leavenworth Kansas 1967 and I'll stay off social media for the rest of my life.

edit on 21-10-2013 by grandmakdw because: fun

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Thanks for all the responses, thoughts, and opinions everyone. I would like to add some more images of interest I was not able to in the OP.
"A rock painting at the Tassili n'Ajjer.Tassili n'Ajjer (From Berber, meaning "Plateau of the Rivers") is a mountain range in the Algerian section of the Sahara Desert. It is a vast plateau in south-east Algeria at the borders of Libya and Niger, covering an area of 72,000 km2." "The art is no older than 9–10 millennia, according to OSL dating of associated sediments, but may be younger." en.wikipedia.org...'Ajjer

I thought I'd add my own possible interpretation. This person looks to have long hair, an ear bud type device on, backpack on, holding a handheld digital pad of some sort, and some kind of jumpsuit. A possible time traveler?

Also how are all these depictions of dinosaurs possible check out the page for more images www.6000years.org... Did dinosaurs live longer than we thought? Did people live further back then we thought? Could it have a time travel connection?
"Deep in the jungles of Cambodia are ornate temples and palaces from the Khmer civilization. One such temple, Ta Prohm abounds with stone statues and reliefs. Almost every square inch of the gray sandstone is covered with ornate, detailed carvings. These depict familiar animals like monkeys, deer, water buffalo, parrots, and lizards. However, one column contains an intricate carving of a stegosaur-like creature. But how could artisans decorating an 800 year old Buddhist temple know what a dinosaur looked like? Western science only began assembling dinosaurs skeletons in the past two centuries. (Pictures are courtesy of Don Patton.)" www.6000years.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Strange that the Time Traveller who was on here the other week has kept a bit low for some reason. Maybe another Troll in the making?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Could you kindly use your time machine to find some new fake evidence for us, instead of posting the same old fakes that everyone has already seen debunked a few dozen times and chucked out with the trash?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I would think with the dinosaur thing they could have found one of those in the ice or something. Much like we found a mammoth. It would have needed to be well preserved but its possible.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yes, Yes!

Really enjoy time travel threads, go out of my way to find them, in fact!

Just something incredibly romantic about it - and some of the 'evidence' is so fascinating and compelling and I have happily spent many an hour reading about such anomalies!

But I am yet to be convinced, it pains me to say... But that doesn't take away from the fascination I have, or spoil it...

One day, one of these days, I will be convinced,

Thanks for posting, a fine way to pass an hour!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I still think my original theory might work, but we will never know I suppose. At least in our lifetime...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm curious as to why people in the future aren't wearing shoes while traversing the Permian. It seems like an easy way to pick up some sort of infection that your immune system would in no way be prepared to handle. With all the tech to get them back to 200+ million yrs BCE you would think that they would be smart enough to be aware of potential medical hazards, particularly so if they were planning on making a return trip. It's a fun thought exercise but most of these photos have been addressed many times before.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

peter vlar
I'm curious as to why people in the future aren't wearing shoes while traversing the Permian. It seems like an easy way to pick up some sort of infection that your immune system would in no way be prepared to handle. With all the tech to get them back to 200+ million yrs BCE you would think that they would be smart enough to be aware of potential medical hazards, particularly so if they were planning on making a return trip. It's a fun thought exercise but most of these photos have been addressed many times before.

Well gee, you think if people mastered all time an space they would of figured out the common cold huh?

I see no reason why thats your sticking point on this whole thing...

as to the ops point, there are certainly examples that could do with some speculation, heres one of mine I always liked.

daily mail

even if untrue, its still interesting to speculate.
edit on 21-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

benrl

Well gee, you think if people mastered all time an space they would of figured out the common cold huh?

Most people are aware of how the Spanish spread smallpox to the New World but what is less discussed is the rather virulent strain of syphilis they brought home with them. The common cold would be the least of my worries. Parasites and bacteria are commonly picked up by people walking barefoot, particularly so in 3rd world nations where people simply can't afford proper footwear. If people were or will go back in time why are there no shoe imprints? The "sandle" doesn't count.
For one thing, trilobites are sea creatures so I don't see how anyone stepped on them. Another thing to consider is there are many features in the area the trilobite was found that are similar to the imprint. There are also several other shapes in the area like ovals. A third consideration should be given to the lack of any pressure exerted on the trilobite. And a fourth consideration I need to point out is that the published data on this item was only in The Creation Research Society Quarterly by Melvin A Cook, while Burdick’s appeared in The Bible-Science Newsletter of August/September 1969. It wasnt because nobody would review it its because they only released it to organizations who would back up their pet theories.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Some good points. Also if their is a time traveler connection who's to say just because the people are from the future doesn't imply they don't take risks and go for a walk barefoot on a beach like we do. Their are other possibilities of those fossilized foot prints and that is at the least evident. Any ideas other than what you and i have mentioned? Don't forget that in the Egyptian hieroglyph in the OP depicted high technology such as a helicopter, tank or submarine, and a space ship or submarine.

That is pretty amazing for those techs to have been recorded and possibly have time traveler connections. Also lets not forget about the Sumerian tablet in the OP that depicted and demonstrated knowledge of the full solar system around the sun 4,500 years ago with some technological devices one being used by the being in the seat.

Once again as i stated in the OP the Nazca lines that are clearly the abandon weathered air strips remnants of an ancient advanced civilization that could be explained by time travelers. These artificial patterns don't just appear naturally but are man made with intentions. We know the intentions we make them today ourselves for the purpose of flight.

Mayan technology time travel connections are a possibility with this knowledge being demonstrated.
Some kind of piloted technology

And about those videos in the OP the one in 1928 video of that lady she seemed kinda young to be using a hearing aid. Also they are clearly talking into the devices. And as I mentioned earlier, future communication devices a time traveler would have access to does not need a cell tower as we see their were none then and these people using such tech. We can see it for ourselves they are talking into the device. people around them are not part of the conversation. it seems pretty intentional for a reason not just crazy people.

This just looks like another ancient depiction of some advanced technology The peoples bodies are even engulfed in some kind of field. This could very well be the time traveling device or some other technology.

These images seem to be being ignored or dismissed by a few but are important potential evidence.
Their may have been several barefoot and sandal fossilized footprints that date back around 300 million years ago. Sure its easy to dismiss the time travel connection because they are barefoot or sandals but what about the 300 million years? not so easy to explain? Those who were talking about the bare foot and sandals prints did not mentioning the billion year old fossilized print in the OP that was made by a boot or shoe...

The fossilized footprint dated a billion years old that is a boot or shoe.

edit on 22-10-2013 by GareyGaia because: clearification.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

benrl

peter vlar

as to the ops point, there are certainly examples that could do with some speculation, heres one of mine I always liked.

daily mail

even if untrue, its still interesting to speculate.

I was really interested in this until i realized the picture as faked 2 clues for me anyway. The watch is set for 10:10 this is how watches have been displayed for hundreds of years it makes the watch look like its smiling. and the guys hands well manicured and id say more like a hand model then an archaeologist. So what i believe happened is someone took a photo of someone displaying the swiss watch for sale and through the magic of computers added dirt on the hands and ring.So in other words a fake.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

As I mentioned in the original post and it is important to note time travelers from the future would have access to technology not dependent on the limiting factors of present day technology such as the need for a cell tower. We are talking about future technology and people with the technology of time travel. I am sure in the future their will be other advanced methods of communication.

So what you're saying is, that even tough they utilize far more advanced communication technologies which work independently of cell phone towers etc, they still use 80ies-sized cell phone physical units that are hand held ? Sorry I find that hard to believe. If they had advanced comm technology at their disposal, they also had implemented the "speaker" and "microphone" into their cranium or head or something.

I don't buy it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

TIme travel is not possible and if it is, it will be in a way that we will never see it in our past.

Interesting. What makes you say that? How do you know our past is not in fact filled with time travel, we just didn't see it when we were living it because it was the present.

When does a circle become a circle and stop being a curved line? Then, when was it ever a curved line and not a circle?

A curved line stops being a curved line and becomes a circle the instant the leading end of the curved line makes contact with its beginning. For this to happen, the line must move through Time as well as space. Once it is a circle, it is no longer a curved line. But being as it moved through time to become a circle, that means it has a past. So it was in the past that the circle was a mere curved line.
See how easy that is?

Time travel would be here now if it was in the past - it would always be. Not just in the future waiting for us to discover it, or just in the past as a sign of it's possibility, but once it was invented, it would exist always.
And as we don't have it, it doesn't exist.

I happen to agree with your premise here, but I confess I am slightly puzzled at the conclusions you draw from it. What do you mean when you say "we don't have it"? Do you mean that you don't have it? Or by "we" do you mean the entire human race? If so...how do you know that someone doesn't have it? Or are you implying that if one human had time travel, then so must all humans have time travel....?

The ends will never meet, because there is no circle.

The circle is there, as are the ends, and the infinite succession of curved lines. All of that is simultaneously not there as well. The reason you say there is no circle is only because you refuse to see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join