It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Yahweh a stay at home Deity?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Every prophet chosen and every action in the Bible, Torah or the Koran happened in this tiny circle unless you are Mormon.

So what’s the deal? Does he not care about the rest of the world? You know there could be another explanation. Has anyone ever considered the reason everything happened there may be because the people who wrote those books didn’t have any knowledge of the rest of the world. Wonder why their deity never told them?
Hmmmm.

edit on 20-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I'm of the opinion that this deity (giving in to saying it existed) actually should know all about Africa.
Additionally, this deity should look very very black African.

Reasoning:
The only human beings on the planet that don't test positive for genetic interactions with Neanderthal, Denisovan, and possibly another currently unknown hominid are Black Africans still in Africa.

Everyone else on the planet shows interaction with Neanderthal at the least with 2.5% average genetic mixture in their ancestry.

Why is this important? Well, if this deity created mankind in his own image, then, it'd only be rational that such a creation would be untainted by contact with another species.
The only humans on the planet showing us that are Black Africans.

The only other alternative is that this Yahweh created the Neanderthals, and hovers around the remnant DNA still lingering around inside the modern humans that drove them to extinction, and did a little mingling along the way.
(That could certainly account for all the angry god and schizophrenic god behavior exhibited in abundance in scripture).

edit on 10/20/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yahweh means "the existing One" and the so called sevenfold spirit in revelation is the chakra system (or something similar that exists in your body). Buddha and Jesus and many other founders of religions is preaching non duality with different words but it is still the same core message. What Paul is preaching I will not go into but I personally avoid his teachings.

Then the priests come in and make a garment of the religion and it losses most spiritual truth. God sends teachers here all the time at their specific time and purpose. And earth have probably never had as many spiritually enhanced beings here as there are here now. Interesting times.

Maybe even the bible is correct and there are 144000 sealed ones here right now that are spiritual masters.

I could be on an unknown planet in a alien vessal/biological machine and the way home would still be the same and god would still be the same god, just with a different name that suits the language and culture of that place.
edit on 20-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I guess Egypt is never mentioned in the Bible either. Or Greece, or Rome or ...

edit on 20-10-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Why would you say that? I know it is a really small circle but if you zoom in to about 400% you will see the countries inside.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Interesting hypothesis about Neanderthals.

Perhaps the 'extinction' (out breeding) was finalized in the Middle East ?

Maybe that would explain why we 'see' the dawn of modern civilization there.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Grimpachi

Why would you say that? I know it is a really small circle but if you zoom in to about 400% you will see the countries inside.

I don't see Rome or Greece in the circle. Not was to mention Sumeria where Abraham was likely from.

There are many places discussed in the Bible, OP is making stuff up.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

It was a stock pic already circled so I added a circle and posted it to the OP its the second one down.

Happy now? I am being generous with the circle I drew. Although feel free to change it and post I would like to see.

BTW are you saying he is from Sumeria or people just think he might have been?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Grimpachi

It was a stock pic already circled so I added a circle and posted it to the OP its the second one down.

Happy now? I am being generous with the circle I drew. Although feel free to change it and post I would like to see.

You mention Bible, which is New Testament, which means that is way off. Even if we only include Old Testament that is way off.

Israel was along the Silk Road, which meant trade as far as China.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Grimpachi

There is evidence to support it. Was he from Sumeria? There is no way to 100% be sure since we can't go back in time. It's highly plausible though, and his family crest is found throughout Sumeria. They were apparently extremely import and extremely powerful.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So lets cut it off at prophets then. And I would disagree with the silk road being China. Trading route but who knows where that was.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Grimpachi

So lets cut it off at prophets then. And I would disagree with the silk road being China. Trading route but who knows where that was.

You can disagree about the Silk Road leading to China all you like, but it's a historical fact the Silk Road went all the way East to the coast of China. It is factually dishonest to claim Israel only knew about the small area they lived in, especially with the trade that existed.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Perhaps you should look up where the Ancient Hittie Empire was .. and then redraw your map to include all of Anatolia. I guess it could be said the Israelites were the ONLY people to know about their surroudnings, since the Bible was the ONLY record of the Hittie Empire for thousands of years.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The empires of those nations were a little more expanded back then. Maybe a lot more

edit on 20-10-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I do disagree with the Silk Road. They may have known of a route but there is no mention of biblical influence stretching to china no miracles in his name or prophets. It may as well have been Atlantis. I have no doubt the people of Israel heard stories there may have even been people from Israel that traveled there but the bible surly does not describe China or its people. God stayed out of China a stay at home deity.

That is the only pic I found on the Hittie empire.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

This was your post.

Has anyone ever considered the reason everything happened there may be because the people who wrote those books didn’t have any knowledge of the rest of the world. Wonder why their deity never told them?
Hmmmm.

I proved Israel DID know about a huge portion of the world. So now you jump goalposts to God did not perform miracles in China.

I fail to see the point of your thread since I already proved the whole point (Israel did not know about the rest of the world) false.

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I would say there is a huge difference between knowing about a trading route and having knowledge of the country items came from.

So what were you saying about the Hittie Empire?

I keep trying to find where all this stuff is mentioned in the Bible and how it corelates so is the Map as expected?

Edit

I will say this I have said that if Jesus actually existed then he must have learned Buddhism and that is what he taught.
edit on 20-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Grimpachi

I would say there is a huge difference between knowing about a trading route and having knowledge of the country items came from.

So you claimed they had no idea about the outside world. Do you think no stories got passed on? Did the Israelites think the items were created by magic? If not then they knew they came from other places, thus they knew other places existed. This proves your whole they thought the whole world consisted of this tiny circle idea wrong.

So what were you saying about the Hittie Empire?

I keep trying to find where all this stuff is mentioned in the Bible and how it corelates so is the Map as expected?

The Bible talks about many places. It talks about the Hittite Empire. In fact, NO OTHER nation talks about them. Because Israel was the only nation that "knew" about the Hittites, it was decided they never existed. Then in the late 1800's they were proven to have existed, and that they were actually a huge empire.

Everything in your post is simply wrong. Israel knew of quite a lot of the world.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Interesting hypothesis about Neanderthals.

Perhaps the 'extinction' (out breeding) was finalized in the Middle East ?

Maybe that would explain why we 'see' the dawn of modern civilization there.

I had a DNA test done. I have 2.9% Neanderthal and my mtDNA haplotype is T2b, which originates in Syria. The little Subsaharan African that shows up in me is so minute, they don't even classify or give it a percentage. I do, however, show traces of North African, but only in small percentage.

There was news today of a new skull found that will change the classification of early humans, they are no longer different species, they were people who simply looked different.

New Skull

MedIndia

This skull is 2 million years old, placing it older than African. What makes it more interesting now is that there is now no actual evidence the human race came from Africa and it is now speculation because this has caused scientists to readjust their views.

Nearly half a dozen species of our early human ancestor may have been all Homo erectus, suggests a new skull, found in Dmanisi.

This shows the need for a change in perspective: the African fossils from around 1.8 million years ago likely represent representatives from one and the same species, best described as Homo erectus.

New skull found in Europe, predates African, no DNA to place it in Africa, but now they are going to change classifications to make it fit.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04
Perhaps you should look up where the Ancient Hittie Empire was .. and then redraw your map to include all of Anatolia. I guess it could be said the Israelites were the ONLY people to know about their surroudnings, since the Bible was the ONLY record of the Hittie Empire for thousands of years.

The Hittites were also known as the Hurrians, and the Hittite Kingdom was not all-encompassing of the Turkic peoples, the Hittites were just part of the greater area.

The Bible also mentions Aram, which is now Syria, but it also mentions Syria in different places. That shows they were aware of the changing of names.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join