It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Japans record hot-dog eater branches out to put down 69 hamburgers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The world champion hot dog eater has a new record. Takeru Kobayashi a 26 year old from Japan wolfed down 69 hamburgers in eight minutes. Weighing in at only 132 lbs (60 kg.) He bested his nearest competitor by nearly 23 burgers. He also is the reigning champion for eating cow brains -- eight kilos (17.7 pounds) in 15 minutes -- and traditional Japanese rice balls at nine kilos (20 pounds) in half an hour. Despite their popularity, Japanese officials have taken to warning competitors after a woman choked to death on bread and barley noodles during a competition.

news.yahoo.com
TOKYO (AFP) - A slender 26-year-old from Japan who is the undefeated champion in hot-dog eating competitions has broadened his repertoire, wowing an American crowd by munching 69 hamburgers in eight minutes.

Takeru Kobayashi, who has made a full-time career out of his unusual talent and become a celebrity in Japan, took home 10,000 dollars after stuffing himself at the contest in Chattanooga, Tennessee, media reports said.

"Kobayashi is, without a doubt, the greatest eater ever to live upon planet Earth," said David Baer of the International Federation of Competitive Eating.

Second-place went to Sonya Thomas, a Virginia woman who in the allotted eight minutes Saturday could eat a mere 46 of the miniature square burgers cooked up by Krystal, a fast-food chain in the US south.

Kobayashi has triumphed four years straight at the July 4 hot-dog contest in New York City, this year breaking his previous record by swallowing 53 and a half frankfurters.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don�t know if any commentary is needed for this one. But 8 kilos of cow brains in 15 minutes? The guy is only 132 pounds where does he put it all?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Why is this worthy of ATSNN? In my opinion this kind of "news" should be left to the corporate media and left out of ATSNN. I just don't think that "MAN EATS HOTDOGS" ranks up there with events of worldwide magnitude, such as "Colin Powell Resigns"

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have seen a documentary with this guy. It showed his trainng regimen. One thing he did was to eat a 12 foot sushi roll once a week to limber up his guts

What I would like to know is - if he ate his maximum capacity ( about 8kg's ) how long could he survive without eating again.

PS. I'd hate to be his toilet

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelForbin
I just don't think that "MAN EATS HOTDOGS" ranks up there with events of worldwide magnitude, such as "Colin Powell Resigns"

Given the rather tense state of the boards as of late I thought human interest story would lighten the mood. I take it you are not a fan of eating contests? If so, why even bother responding to the post eh?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

"Kobayashi is, without a doubt, the greatest eater ever to live upon planet Earth,"

Can I cast my vote for the 'Greatest quote of all time'? Hands down. I want this etched and tattooed on my chest with a picture of Kobayashi in the background.

top topics

join