It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is the IQ of Ashkenazi Jews So High

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Do you think IQ is the all encompassing measure of intelligence?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
it may be connected to why they have the most amount of hereditary genetic disorders. i think they just value knowledge more than average to cover up the weakness in there genetics. i also think its the mark of cain

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
As smart as a fox, but not as smart as an elephant.
So which has more intelligence ? a fox or an elephant ?

its their diet.

Interesting - What do they eat that improves their IQ?

It's not what they eat, it's what they don't eat :
GMO's, fluoridated NY water is listed as being Un-kosher ,
pork with all the added hormones ect, bottom feeding animals
as clams (high mercury), cheese burgers (dairy mixed with meat),
chemically processed eg. pickles. rather than naturally fermented;
high fructose corn syrup is a no no so most soft drinks are not
consumed (only real sugar, cane sugar)
All of these which are sold to the general masses which they do not eat.

edit on 19/10/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

Sorry to butt in here but that is a very astute question and no it is not, it is a method of testing higher reasoning in a set fashion but take many members of mensa and put them in a survival situation then there they would fail, so no as intelligence is a tool for survival but in a cosmopolitan super tribe like our modern world and it's city's then some of there faculty's do give them a definite advantage, it is merely a matter of adaptation not superiority.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

edit on 19-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
30 years ago I read a book called The Geography of Intelligence by Nathanial Wyle.
I thought it was mind blowing and I started reading other books about race & IQ.

The Jews have had arranged marriages for a long time up until recently. Intelligent students of the Torah
were married to wealthy merchants daughters. These arranged marriages increased the IQ INCREMEENTALLY OVER THE GENERATIONS.
I didn't realize there were so much distain for ordinary Jews on this forum... Is there anyone here that has a low opinion of Bob Dylan ,Simon & Garfunkle & The Jefferson Airplane..?..The original Jefferson Airplane was 3/5th Jewish.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thank's Ewok you are above that.

edit on 19-10-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

centuries of selective breeding.

They needed intellect where physical strength was useless in other peoples lands.

They probably had the same diverse populations as other people when they started out, hence why they could conquer so many peoples early on in their history. When those members of their population were slaughtered after many invasions and conquests, all that was left was the intellectuals who found a way to survive. When years in other peoples lands made them find ways to survive, survival favored intellect over physical power.

So their populations adapted to breed more thinkers than warriors.

edit on 10 19 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
this is from a la times article

LA Times

Gregory Cochran has always been drawn to puzzles. This one had been gnawing at him for several years: Why are European Jews prone to so many deadly genetic diseases?

Tay-Sachs disease. Canavan disease. More than a dozen more.

It offended Cochran's sense of logic. Natural selection, the self-taught genetics buff knew, should flush dangerous DNA from the gene pool. Perhaps the mutations causing these diseases had some other, beneficial purpose. But what?

the point i wanted to take from that article is that jews have the highest amount of genetic disorders and that natural selection should have wiped them out.

i think their culture as a whole is way more connected and focused than others due to this. natural selection would normally kill of people with those much genetic problems and they know that so their culture as a whole decides to compensate with knowledge and influence.
edit on 19-10-2013 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The Ashkenazi are plagued by numerous genetic defects.

A number of genetic disorders occur more frequently in certain ethnic populations. In the Ashkenazi Jewish population (those of Eastern European descent), it has been estimated that one in four individuals is a carrier of one of several genetic conditions.

Ashkenazi genetic diseases

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

1Providence1
reply to post by cathar

Do you think IQ is the all encompassing measure of intelligence?

No,,of course not..a high IQ psychopath is dangerous and a detrement to society.....but let me say this.>>

>> Terence McKenna said that civilization was a frantic race to get off the planet or deep underground
in order to survive the next apocalypse that seems to happen every 3600 years....
I think the North Western Europeans and the Chinese/Japanese are the only 2 peoples who gave done that

and time is running out IMO...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

eisegesis
reply to post by cathar

If we promoted high IQ behavior to humans everywhere, globally, would we all become… enhanced? Better humans?

What exactly is high IQ behavior? Being successful? What is success?

Is it stupid of me to want to opt out?

Success is whatever you want it to be, I don't think it is stupid
to opt-out of what other people say success is (or should be).

Scientists have found that no single component, or IQ, can explain
all the variations of human intelligence. source

“It has always seemed to be odd that we like to call the human brain the most complex known object in the Universe, yet many of us are still prepared to accept that we can measure brain function by doing a few so-called IQ tests,” Dr Highfield said. “For a century or more many people have thought that we can distinguish between people, or indeed populations, based on the idea of general intelligence which is often talked about in terms of a single number: IQ. We have shown here that’s just wrong."

Success is today realized to be reached by determination, not by one's level of IQ. It also involves the play of EQ (Emotional Quotient) and for some cases, SQ (Spiritual Quotient).

However, certain "tribes" are smarter then other groups by virtue of their team strategy. Just look at the disproportionate number of Jews winning scientific and cultural awards. What is going on here? This group is also especially prone to join the governing bodies of any social organization in which they participate, and thus would tend to increase their ability to recognize and reward their own in their respective professions. Additionally, the Jewish-dominated news and entertainment media consistently elevate their own for praise and recognition. This is a reflection on both their abilities and their team strategy. It is not a conspiracy, it just old fashion ethnic nepotism.

One might be tempted to think that success (when measured by IQ) is rigged game. And perhaps to some degree it is, but the IQ test does not measure intelligence. It is a socially constructed concept that attempts a measure the likelihood of success, specifically the path toward material success. While that can be done, what can not be done is to truly measure intelligence. Everyone is smart in their own way, no one is completely over-superiorly smarter than another. Moreover, success in terms of employment, wealth, fame, material gain... these things can be predicted by an IQ test, but they do not truly measure success, only you can do that.

What is success?
No one can answer that but you.

edit on 19-10-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Q33323
The Ashkenazi are plagued by numerous genetic defects.

A number of genetic disorders occur more frequently in certain ethnic populations. In the Ashkenazi Jewish population (those of Eastern European descent), it has been estimated that one in four individuals is a carrier of one of several genetic conditions.

Ashkenazi genetic diseases

I think it is safe to say the Askenazi's are inbred ......& xenophobic ...But they sure can write songs and make great
comedians

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

i think inbreeding may be the reason for so much genetic disorders. thats a interesting thought. I've never considered that. i read somewhere that the population of Israel is in decline maybe that has something to do with it.
edit on 19-10-2013 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
here's some new facts, statistics about the origin of this group...

it turns out they are more European than central asian or rooted from the Caucus area

...The origins of Ashkenazi Jews remain highly controversial. Like Judaism, mitochondrial DNA is passed along the maternal line. Its variation in the Ashkenazim is highly distinctive, with four major and numerous minor founders. However, due to their rarity in the general population, these founders have been difficult to trace to a source. Here we show that all four major founders, ~40% of Ashkenazi mtDNA variation, have ancestry in prehistoric Europe, rather than the Near East or Caucasus. Furthermore, most of the remaining minor founders share a similar deep European ancestry. Thus the great majority of Ashkenazi maternal lineages were not brought from the Levant, as commonly supposed, nor recruited in the Caucasus, as sometimes suggested, but assimilated within Europe. These results point to a significant role for the conversion of women in the formation of Ashkenazi communities, and provide the foundation for a detailed reconstruction of Ashkenazi genealogical history...

www.nature.com...

this might point to a great influx of european women into the motherhood population of this group...

could there have been abductions for millennia? were fertile european famales sold into servitude to that group that adopted Judaism as an ideaology centuries later?

or other sinister lifescapes being played out on the world stage ... hmmmm

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

duesprimusvictorimmortali
reply to post by cathar

why would you say they are inbred? if you dont mind me asking. is that the reason they have so many genetic disorders?

Of course...If they are plagued by geneticly inherited defects then by definition they are inbred within their
larger group....We are talking about arranged marriages going back hundreds of years....

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Let's be realistic ....You can't become a brain surgeon or a medical doctor with an 85 IQ...
Part of IQ is memory retention....a smart doctor can save lives by finding out what the medical problem is and fixing it.
A smart police detective can catch the serial killer quickly before he kills a lot more people.....

The idea that IQ is meaningless is simply not true....
but hey...If you want to live your life believing in politically correctness knock yourself out....

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
People who denigrate the validity in IQ tests fail to identify the factors used to measure intelligence. While the current trend is to scoff at the tests because of cultural biases, the fact of the matter remains. The tests measures cognitive abilities, problem solving, pattern recognition, and various aptitudes.

People who do well on IQ tests fail to relate to those who do not because of the scope and breadth a wider perspective enables them to view situations differently. Many will claim IQ tests do not measure social ability, emotional IQ,, and the actual ability to succeed. This is in part due to those with lower IQ's tend to identify and relate better with those who fall within their average mean which constitutes a greater proportion of the population.

However, people with higher IQ's tend to solve problems, and promote scientific advancement.

Just think of a person with an IQ of 130+ trying to relate to someone who has an average IQ of 105. Now if you have an average IQ of 105, just imagine yourself trying to relate or have a conversation with someone who has an IQ of 80. (Forrest Gump IQ)

Really, Just let this sink in for a minute.....
edit on 19-10-2013 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

IQ IS MAINLY GENETIC.

I know this bugs people but the Ashkenazi have at least one known genetically caused medical condition (Torsion Dystonia) which raises the IQ of the sufferer by about 11 points, and carriers get a slight boost. The mutation for myopia increases visual spatial by about 7 points (replicate in several studies).

I know most of you believe IQ is
A, all learned and
B. non genetic.

But you need to know the majority of Psychology PhD's focused on the study of human intelligence believe the heritability of IQ is in the 70% area. Only 15% believe that racial differences in IQ are down to environment.

How do I know this? There was a survey a few years ago (Snyderman and Rothman) and the results were that the most common opinion was 'no comment/dunno'. The next was 'racial differences are at least partly genetic', at about 40%, all environment was the lowest 15%. I can tell you from personal experience a lot of the 'no comment' group were keeping quiet for fear of their jobs. The media consistently misleads the general public about what these researchers believe. There's a letter by one of them which goes into the whole sordid business, called 'Egalitarian fiction, collective fraud'. It makes it very clear the general public don't grasp what's going in in the research.

Ashkenazi probably have higher IQ's out of necessity to survive in the Jew hostile European environment in the medieval era. Only the smart survived.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

I doubt this claim to be true.

A. I doubt that they're really jews, except by religion.
B. Those jews, who are more intelligent, it's because in the old days. Many jews were the "odd" people in society, so they had a lot of hard times and had to work hard. Has nothing to do with their education, as an educated person only learns what others have done before him ... because, most of the time, he or she can't discover it on his or her own. So their education, doesn't make them more intelligent, only more knowledged. Which really isn't the same thing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join