It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery blonde girl found in Greece prompts search for parents (Updated)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dowot

The second girl taken is indeed that of the family she was taken from.

www.cnn.com...

Seems to he a little discimination against these people now. People overreacting. It doesn't cancel out the wrong of the first child, of at minimum welfare fraud but it is too bad to see the potential for these people being victimized because of a bad apple. If they don't look like you probably best to just go volunteer your DNA now to avoid traumatizing the child. Within every community there are those who commit crimes. It doesn't mean all of them do but they're in the spotlight now. There may even be a witch hunt mentality that takes over with them.

Child abduction and trafficking is so out of control it seems people want to find the villian so they can rest better at night. If only it was only done by the people who stand apart from mainstream society maybe it could be reconciled more easily as something "separate and far from the types of people they surround themselves with". It isn't - all walks of life engage. If these people are one of many big players in this we will find out. If they find nothing further I hope they are left alone.

edit on 23-10-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Dianec
reply to post by HardCorps

Thank you for sharing. If any links to stories I'm interested.

this little snip comes from wiki

Between the years of 1993 and 2003 in Juárez there had been over 4000 feminicides which have attracted wide attention. Bodies were often dumped in ditches or vacant lots.[37] Grassroots organizations in the region reported an additional 400 women as missing. Despite pressure to catch the killers and a roundup of some suspects, few believe the true culprits were found[citation needed]. A 2007 book called The Daughters of Juárez, by Teresa Rodriguez,[49] implicates high-level police and prominent Juárez citizens in the crimes. This topic is also discussed in the 2006 book "The Harvest of Women" by journalist Diana Washington Valdez,[50] and in the novel 2666 by Roberto Bolaño, in which Ciudad Juárez is fictionalized as "Santa Teresa", a border city in Sonora.
wiki

another to look at

By Valori Corral-Nava on October 11, 2013 ... As a reference, only in Ciudad Juarez an average of six persons per day were killed between 2008-12.

Teenage asylee from Juarez speaks out about the murders of her family members

In this story they have an interesting quote
There have been 14,610 asylum claims along the border with Mexico during the first three-quarters of the 2013 fiscal year.

Then in the very next paragraph they say
In El Paso Immigration judges have denied 87.2 percent of all political asylum cases that they have ruled on between 2006 and 2012

those two links are as good a place as any to start
edit on 24-10-2013 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dowot

Yes, and she was returned to them.
Good news all round!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So, some people had suspicions and the police and social services stormked in and made racist fools of themselves.
Surely they could have handled this better with their lack of proof and terrorising this family?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Bulgarian woman claims she's Maria's mom: 'We gifted her' to Roma family

(CNN) -- A Bulgarian woman claims she is the mother of the blond, blue-eyed girl taken by police from a Roma couple in Greece last week.

The mystery of "Maria," who is believed to be 5 to 6 years old, prompted an international search for the girl's biological family and answers to how she ended up in a Roma community in central Greece.

The woman told Bulgarian investigators that she left the girl in Greece with a family she worked for in 2009, Bulgarian Interior Ministry General Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov said Thursday.

"We gave her, we gifted her, without money," Sashka Ruseva told Bulgaria's TV7 Thursday. "I didn't take any money. I didn't have any food to give to the kid. I saw it yesterday and I've been sick. I haven't eaten since last night."

Although this will certainly disappoint the 10 "hopeful" families of children reported missing, I find it to be a relief. I would assume the DNA test will be done quickly to confirm or deny her claim.

She has a 15-yr-old son also, which would give corroborative credible witness to the event as explained.

BUT - she says she left her in Greece with a family she worked for???

Doing what? I wonder what the family's 'business' is/was in 2009. Hmmmmm.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
AND !!! Just heard on NPR that the woman, a 35-year-old from Bulgaria, HAS BEEN MATCHED as the girl's mother.

Glad they can do things so quickly now...
so, mystery solved. NOW, the investigators are going to dig into whether or not she was SOLD, or "gifted."

Lord, I hope it was "gifted." The poor girl's been through enough upheaval. At least now she'll maybe get to know who her bio-mom is, and perhaps they could even develop a relationship of healing, and reunion some day.

The girl WILL grow up eventually.

What a story!!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
They have now found her biological family, 3 older siblings and the parents. Apparently the two teens (13 and 14) live in a mud-brick, one-room structure in Bulgaria, and are crushingly poor.

The authorities were going to take "protective custody" of the two teens, who were left behind when their parents went to the capital Sofia. They didn't even KNOW their parents were leaving. (Their older sister is 20 and lives in the next village...see below), and later, officials came to collect them also, but they slipped away.

Now ALL of these people are under 'scrutiny' and in 'trouble' with the authorities, leaving little "Maria" ('Stanka' was the name her mother was going to give her) in limbo. There's a part of me that just wants them all to be left alone. Their poverty and dire circumstances trump whatever few dollars might have been exchanged; but the girl was in better care than she'd have been in Bulgaria, by all accounts. The best thing would be to uplift these villages, and for the world to work to IMPROVE the Roma's plight, NOT PERSECUTE THEM.

Tour of impoverished Bulgarian village sheds light on Maria's plight

I caught up with a woman who says she's Maria's big sister --- Saska Ruseva's eldest daughter -- 20-year-old Katia, in the next village, Gurkevo.

She has very pale skin, white-blond hair tinged with red, and her eyes are bothered by bright sunlight.
Maria, too, is very fair. And in the Roma camp where she was found, residents said Maria had been born with an eye problem, but they were unable to specify the exact diagnosis. When she was cured, the Roma threw a special celebration.
Katia explained to me that mother Saska had traveled to Greece in 2009 to work on the orange harvest.

"My mum was pregnant at that time and gave birth, but she did not have the money to bring her baby home. She did not sell Maria but left her there and came back to Bulgaria to try and arrange the documents," she said.

Investigators on both sides of the border, however, doubt that version of events. Christos Salis and Eleftheria Dimopoulo, the Greek Roma couple who raised Maria from a few months old, are still in custody charged with kidnapping.
And on Friday afternoon, Bulgarian police said they had launched a criminal investigation on suspicion the Rusevs had sold Maria for illegal adoption.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join