It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of flesh-eating KILLER SPIDERS are LOOSE in the UK!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

You paint a fantastic picture. I was there with you
Mates and myself used to roam lakes and car scrap yards as kids, brilliant places. Finding hidden little swamps with the odd thrown in motorbike, sitting on branches and making bases .We would have loved your jungle..

The spiders don't seem much of a bother though do they, maybe I'm a bit slow, ha ha.

I've got a garden full of them big nastly looking foreign tube web spiders, They're cool though. Happy to sit about, go for the odd wander. They're happy to chase a stick, but I've picked trapped and fallen ones up and have never been bitten by one. They do look mean though. Big, fast, black, shiny. You can see their fangs too. Their fang structure reflects green sometimes too. You can tease them out with a very thin bit of grass stem. They will make you jump with their striking speed though. It's great fun. I try not to bother them too much though.
Theres a few mock widows dotted about too. A really big fat one above the garage door and a big fat Desert looking spikey big hazelnut size assed garden spider. I see them all every day. None of them are any bother though.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Segenam

Auricom
I know the majority here already know all of this, but I just wanted to say something. I like hearing the clickity-clack of my keyboard in the mornings.

Ha .. Nearly made me crack a smile .. Almost gave you star for that ... almost ..

Anyway .. to get back on track .. may as well say somethin about spiders ...

I wonder if spiders were designed by god ....

Strange how most people are instictively fearful of spiders on sight .. as though that fear is hardwired into us .. wonder why .. yet no one is particuarly fearful of evil kangaroos .. or evil tortoises .. strange that ...
truly makes one wonder ...

Yeh I know what you mean about the hard wiring thing. Not so sure its about god though.

My cat stamps on spiders, he does flinch away from the tube web ones though. Jungle trained heritage through the years though I suppose.
edit on 18-10-2013 by pot8er because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2013 by pot8er because: Added quote

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Teknikal
While I'd usually mock something like this I got bitten by one a few weeks ago (not sure what type of spider it actually was but I did almost catch it) and the result was a Migraine that lasted a full week as well as general stiffness in my joints the bite was pretty nasty and bruised during that time as well, I was just about on the verge of seeing a doctor which I haven't done for about 15 years.

First time something like this has happened to me and it has made me really dislike all spiders to the point I'm going to be killing on sight in future.

You should look this up and make sure you shouldn't do more. Maybe I'm thinking of a tic and Lyme disease too much - can create lasting problems. Maybe spiders don't do that but check it out.

I had a guy working on some plumbing in my basement and we had about a 2 hour talk about his fear of spiders. He even went to his truck and whipped out a book to show me pictures of the ones that live in our region (yes - he had a full colored, well illustrated book on him). This guy was genuinely afraid and had some pretty bad anxiety while talking to me. He even had me freaked out by the end.

The things that stick in my memory from what he told me:

*Hobo - causes skin to rot off and can kill a small child.

*Brown recluse doesn't "chase you" but rather moves toward other things that are moving. I have a friend who said they chase people so had to ask him. If they bite you your skin will rot away and could also kill a small child.

So I got some plumbing work done along with a good dose of the horror of spiders - how we could die at worst and have skin rot away if bitten while we slept at best. And if see a spider - freeze; dont move since it will come after you. This guy was awesome - really nice person. Got a good education. And while I did bomb and spray just to be on the safe side, I'm still more afraid of mice.

....by the way, I do not believe one of these could kill a child. Maybe if neglected and no one noticed the skin rotting away or if bitten multiple times - with no medical care.

edit on 18-10-2013 by Dianec because: Changed format of sentence

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Arizona reporting here. We've got Brown Recluse, Black widows and the mildly poisonous tarantula. We in fact have five different species of the Brown Recluse native to Arizona. However there are only a few documented cases of death due to their venom.

We have quite a few venomous species here, thought not quite Australia levels
Here is a pic of a tarantula we found last weekend.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pot8er

Those sure were the days, we'd a few stomping grounds that were quite dangerous places but they were exciting places.

I was always exploring and getting dirty as a boy, clambering around mountains of dirt and so on.

The most fascinating place was an old abandoned railway, there were huge lumps of twisted, rusted steel that my friends and I were convinced were meteorites.

It was an amazing place, but the rats! All sorts of crazy critters lurked there but the rats were huge. My parents used to go insiane if they found out I'd been up the old railways with my mates, they didn't mind the jungle so much as it was close by, and though huge to us, is actually a rather small area of land.

It seemed vast, though, and the wildlife there was amazing, I saw critters there that to this day I've never seen anywhere else, the only thing that scared me slightly was those huge spiders, they just looked mean.

Thanks for the response, sounds like you have a cool childhood, lot's of adventure and exploring. It's all done on xbox and playstation, now. You don't see it as often as you did back then, intrepid kids on a voyage of discovery...I always carried a stick!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

ATSmediaPRO
Arizona reporting here. We've got Brown Recluse, Black widows and the mildly poisonous tarantula. We in fact have five different species of the Brown Recluse native to Arizona. However there are only a few documented cases of death due to their venom.

We have quite a few venomous species here, thought not quite Australia levels
Here is a pic of a tarantula we found last weekend.

Jesus.....its big enough to drag you off your bikes..

PDUK

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

pot8er
Here's the vid. Sorry about the s**t camera work

edit on 18-10-2013 by pot8er because: (no reason given)

Fair play to you that you didn't squash it as most would....sadly....

I find them fascinating but they do send shivers down me , the thought of a spider crawling over my skin is a constant dislike.....

FYI, as a kid whenever we found a large House Spider.....my Dad would always place it outside somewhere and occasionally we would mark the abdomen with a little white tippex............. the times they would make their way back into the house was incredible.......

I'd check you books at the end of the bed periodically....

Ha ha ha ha ha

PDUK

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join