It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its all a fake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This actually frightens me and I havnt seen it discussed ever on this forum, this prestigious forum that is about conspiracies, lies and media manipulation and outing the truth.
Something so shocking and so obvious, yet so subtly manipulated we dont actually even notice.
People talk religion, politics, the NWO, aliens, disney and even rock music, but far worse is this blatant lie fed to the public

now I am not averse to a little tv violence, in fact I enjoy it, in some circumstances.

Well recently on msm I have noted a particular sport that has compromised its integrity, has it always been compromised, I wonder.

Are these modern day champions, screen gods, just phonies pretending
Is Cena not a super hero, was Stone Cold, really just stone cold, the Hulkster, just Mr Hogan
Yes its true and I am adamant, the WWE is fake, not just the E, I am talking about all wrestling. Can you believe it?

The world may be on the brink of a cataclysmic event
So some levity for a little fun

Just in case, I am joking.... its is real, we all know that.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

edit on 17-10-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I don't know if I am missing something here, but I thought that wrestling on TV had always been fake...

Even when I was watching the wrestling as a child, here in the UK, even as a 10 year old I knew it was pretend with both challengers knowing full well who was going to win before they had even started the bout...

I know that wrestling is pretty big in the States, but people don't really believe that it is real, do they?

Please excuse me if I have not understood your thread correctly, but it is FAKE isn't it?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It is generally accepted that the whole thing is staged, so what. To achieve a high level of excellence of a professional wrestler requires the same amount of hard training, discipline, and skill that any other form of sport or physical pursuit demands. It is true that the outcome is predetermined no doubt. The participants have practised the moves that they will make in advance, much like the contestants in Strictly come dancing will have rehearsed their routine, or those about to perform in a talent show. This is normal in any field of entertainment and that is what wrestling is Entertainment plain and simple and done well I might add.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think i'm missing something as well.... Are we talking about the idolization of WWE superstars??? Is that no different that any other "sport" that is out there??? does this make them superhero's??? I don't see them as such, just Joe Schmoe who likes to prance in spankies, slaping man chest...

Reason why this hasn't been discussed??? Probably has in a different fashion just not singling out the WWF... I mean WWE...

Who doesn't like 3:16 Stone Cold!!! Or THE ROCK!!! Jabronies!!!

What's the point of this thread??? Where am I???

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Nah wrestling is for real it is the other sports nfl, NBA, MLB those are the fakes. After 9/11 there was no way the ne pats could have beaten the Rams but could they allow the "Patriots" to lose that year? Nope. It's rigged.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
WRESTLING IS REAL! IT'S THE WAR ZONES THAT ARE FAKE!!!

They are done, after all, in theaters of war...

The Rock, the Stone... Pretty trippy names there, if you ask me, which you won't, but meh!...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Man I started reading the thread and thought you were gong to be talking about this:

Where's the Outrage Over Steroids in Football?

The increase of penalties and concussion treatments in the NFL wouldn't be so necessary if they'd actually clamp down on steroid use. But hey I guess we can talk about WWE being fake... Besides dumb hicks is there anyone out there who still believed otherwise though?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Now as all of us well informed ATSers know, this whole Republicrat spectacle plastered all over our media outlets is simply brainwashing entertainment for the masses. The real decision makers in this world are those who get to decide what is considered critical public information and what isn't.

How much coverage did the trucker protest get on any of the major networks? What about the IMF/World Bank meetings? Where are the cameras and reporters when we need them? The few at the top use the media to dictate to us what it is we should be concerned with, what we should be outraged over, and how we should solve each and every crisis they create for us.
edit on 17-10-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

hotel1
It is generally accepted that the whole thing is staged, so what. To achieve a high level of excellence of a professional wrestler requires the same amount of hard training, discipline, and skill that any other form of sport or physical pursuit demands. It is true that the outcome is predetermined no doubt. The participants have practised the moves that they will make in advance, much like the contestants in Strictly come dancing will have rehearsed their routine, or those about to perform in a talent show. This is normal in any field of entertainment and that is what wrestling is Entertainment plain and simple and done well I might add.

I am a bit lost really, here...

How can a sport be rehearsed? What is the point of already knowing who is going to win?

Yes, dancers do rehearse their moves on the dance floor, but that is only so that they can get as close to perfection as possible because they are judged by a panel of judges to see who is the best dancing couple on the day, it is called a challenge to see who comes out on top. The best man/woman/couple who dance the best take the trophy home...

Netball, ice hockey, football, US type football thingy, baseball, cricket and the like, all practice certain moves in training to try and beat opponents during games, but they don't know who is going to win until the game is over...

I can't think of anything more stupid or boring to pay money to see something that is not even real, what's the point of that?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
you could think of it more like acrobatic pseudo fighting, with badly acted interludes.
don't really get it my self, but hey, many people pretend to love it.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

So you never go to see movies?...

I saw a reality show ( 5 minutes of it only, really... ) and one of the contestants that wanted to join the WWE got kicked out because he was hurting the other wrestlers when they practiced. He didn't grasp that it was "rigged"... lol

I knew an old calm man. When he went to see wrestling? He was a real cat, spitting and hissing in every directions... It was, apparently, helping him remain calm the rest of the week... lol

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Fair comment Dave

What I was trying to say was treat it as entertainment rather than sport and you will get more of an appreciation of the skill and discipline involved.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It is all just , The Grande Absurdity. I wish with all my heart to know the whole of it, the big why? Will I ever know? No. I think not. And that. Is Absurdity.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ahhh the glory days of British wrestling , Saturday afternoons were never the same after they stopped showing wrestling .
American wrestling never reached the heights of ours

Doesn't matter which side of the pond you're on wrestling is theater and scripted as such .

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

davethebear
I don't know if I am missing something here, but I thought that wrestling on TV had always been fake...

Even when I was watching the wrestling as a child, here in the UK, even as a 10 year old I knew it was pretend with both challengers knowing full well who was going to win before they had even started the bout...

I know that wrestling is pretty big in the States, but people don't really believe that it is real, do they?

Please excuse me if I have not understood your thread correctly, but it is FAKE isn't it?

big daddy's real name was SHIRLEY crabtree and the referee was his brother those were the days i wonder if he ever met marion [ john wayne ]

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I've been in and out of being really into pro wrestling over the years.

Here's the thing I tell my friends or co-workers that say wrestling is dumb because it's fake. Is not all movies, most tv shows and even books? But that does not stop someone from becoming invested within that staged reality.

I believe it is referred to as suspension of disbelief.

p.s. my favorite years were the attitude years and I miss the old ECW. I miss those days.

edit on 10/17/2013 by mcx1942 because: eta

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We prefer "pre-determined" rather than "fake"
When you see a movie, you don't call it fake, nor a theatre show or anything similar. You sit back, you suspend belief and you enjoy the show.

I have no idea why people still need to point out that wrestling isn't "real", it bothers me a lot, there's now a stigma to my job, people think wrestling isn't entertainment because it's not UFC. Psh...
Pain is real, injuries do happen, I broke my foot during a match before, was that fake?

Still, glad to see a thread about pro wrestling here

CX

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

davethebear

How very dare you sir!!!
The sight of Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks running at each other for the mother of all belly smashes always left me on the edge of my seat, not knowing which way it could go!

Toss in Kendo Nagasaki and you were in for a whole afternoon of uncertainty! Will his mask be pulled off, won't it?

CX.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

borntowatch
This actually frightens me and I havnt seen it discussed ever on this forum, this prestigious forum that is about conspiracies, lies and media manipulation and outing the truth.
Something so shocking and so obvious, yet so subtly manipulated we dont actually even notice.
People talk religion, politics, the NWO, aliens, disney and even rock music, but far worse is this blatant lie fed to the public

now I am not averse to a little tv violence, in fact I enjoy it, in some circumstances.

Well recently on msm I have noted a particular sport that has compromised its integrity, has it always been compromised, I wonder.

Are these modern day champions, screen gods, just phonies pretending
Is Cena not a super hero, was Stone Cold, really just stone cold, the Hulkster, just Mr Hogan
Yes its true and I am adamant, the WWE is fake, not just the E, I am talking about all wrestling. Can you believe it?

The world may be on the brink of a cataclysmic event
So some levity for a little fun

Just in case, I am joking.... its is real, we all know that.

Classic! What I find far more entertaining than the scripted shenanigans inside the ring, is the emotional investment clearly displayed on the faces of those in the stands at the events....I don't think I'd have the heart to tell some of them it's only a show.
Priceless thread, nice distraction away from the doom and gloom....

edit on 17 2013 by Artlogic because: hulk hogan made me do it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join