It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you might not like Obama ,but you got to agree with this

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You can see that, for whatever reason, the viewpoint we have is not as popular as the partisan sh# slinging that ensues (as evidenced by the user feedback methodology of "stars").

This disappoints me

It really disappoints me too!

The thing is... for my mind... I cannot even begin to fathom a solution and brain storm with solution ideas because it doesn't matter. Not yet, anyway.

Until the leaders of today are all replaced with leaders with economic sense that cannot be bought and paid for we will continue to see idiot sh*t slinging on all sides of the fence.

If I were given so much money to vote on a bill I disagreed with, it would be hard, however where are morals where there is so much greed? There isn't anyone on "The Hill" who has morals. Evidence says they are all filled with greed.

The people are being harmed in many ways. The Earth and our environment are also being harmed in many ways. WHY? Because the leaders of today do not care about anything or anyone. All they care about is making their pockets fatter with green bills that are in all reality-- worthless.

When it's all said and done we will have to default. We have no other choice. Money cannot magically appear... even if it could... there would be interest upon interest.

We really need to press the restart button and try again.

Sadly... There is no way out of this mess.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Speaking of interest rates I just bought a new Prius plug-in hybrid at 0% interest with a $4,600 rebate.
My youngest son also just bought a home and I forget exactly but his interest was quite low as well.
We're doing our part to keep the economy chugging along!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

DaMod
reply to post by AlienScience

So you're saying that 14 trillion dollars of debt is a good thing?

I'm saying that number by itself can't tell you if that amount of debt is ok or not.

If I tell you someone has $100,000 of debt...is that good or bad?

Wouldn't the answer differ if the person makes $10k a year or if they make $500k a year?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ron Calzone from Mo.First.org, a political watchdog group, posted this on my FB page:

They said we had to increase the debt ceiling to keep the U.S. credit rating from taking a hit, but one of our largest creditors, China, lowered our rating anyway. A lower credit rating means higher interest rates. But, of course, it makes perfect sense to lower the U.S. credit rating -- and increase the interest they charge us -- when the U.S. takes action to devalue the dollar. The higher interest rates paid by the U.S. means we will have to raise the debt ceiling even more sooner, which will result in more devaluing of the dollar, etc.

Chinese agency downgrades US credit rating

We got screwed again.

What was it I was supposed to agree with Obama on? This shutdown sent a clear message around the world that the U.S. economy is not sound.

United States of China coming up next, or more likely hyperinflation will proceed it.

Thanks Obama!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

bekod
reply to post by abacus10

and this is how ???? 24 billion out of the economy is lost not gained so who is to go without that income being spread around the poor thats who. lets cut more aid to the poor to make up lost income VA is cut WIC is s cut EBT cut SS cut but the rich get an 10% refund on taxes due , for them having to pick up the slack

The poor become and stay poor by being welfare scroungers.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by abacus10

so the retired should go back to work... them that receive Social Security, the Vets should be cut off of Fed aid and grants not get VA , die in the field... WIC for the poor mothers as well newborns should starve, and EBT should be cut as well.... The poor should just work till death without food.... is this what you mean???

Bush and Rush should have you as there poster person!

GOP will be proud of you...

You would be one to get excited about things like this nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com... from the link

By Tom Curry, National Affairs Writer, NBC News
After Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell helped broker Wednesday’s deal that reopened the government, his critics found something in that agreement they’re using to attack him with -- a $2.9 billion locks and dam project.
A conservative group has pounced on McConnell for what it calls a “Kentucky kickback” – money included in the legislation to finish a troubled infrastructure project on the Ohio River between Illinois and Kentucky.
then seeing the poor get help.. lets build and not feed our own nor help them.. Did i get your meaning right?
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201317 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Wow, you just invented words to put in his mouth.

Social security isn't "welfare", nor are soldier benefits. THey are gained through investment of either money, life, or limb.

There shouldn't always be a government solution for local problems. Hungry people are a local problem. We should tend to our brothers and sisters....local.

There are so many ways to avert being "poor" that I don't really think I can list them. But use your imagination. One example: a radio program where people can call in and offer things/labor for trade/sale. Just don't allow businesses to do it...they have to pay advertising sponsorship. It is HUGE in my hometown. It gives people a place to find work, or a place to find someone to do some work (as well as the buy/sell/trade aspect).

ETA: before i built my career behind a desk, I fed my family off that radio show. I could find work at least 4 days a week. Paid bills, put groceries in our belly, and got my wife through nursing school. I made decent money that way, as my own boss, doing odd stuff like drywall, painting, mowing, hauling, cleaning, demo, roofing, etc.
edit on 17-10-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

yes them were the days , now try that you'll be fined not allowed to work nor have a biz till fine is paid if you read the post of mine he responded too you will see i did not put words in his mouth this in the link of my post www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201318 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

bekod

yes them were the days , now try that you'll be fined not allowed to work nor have a biz till fine is paid if you read the post of mine he responded too you will see i did not put words in his mouth

Maybe in your location. Not in mine.
Every single day, the number 1 radio spot in our town from 8a-11a is this show. Everyone listens, even if they don't want/need anything.

Do you live in a fantasy world? Two posts in a row, completely incorrect. And if this second one isnt incorrect, move away from the mafia municipality that you live in and get out here where men can live at least a little more free.
edit on 18-10-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

oh i live in a right to work state you just can not advertise for it no radio show nor for free... there is the Craigslist but then there are contractor's that look for you when you do get work... they get a reward for turning you in... that is you can get work. Now I am fighting SS to get my Disability, got 3 doc's that say i can not work any more. S S agrees i can not do the work i used to , so yes I am of the poor ,not by choice but by disability.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

windword
Yep! Republicans, from the get go, have a affirmed and reaffirmed their resolve to sabotage this president's efforts at every turn, and this "do nothing" Congress has done just that.

"Do nothing Congress" would imply the Senate too...as they have done just as much damage and have engaged in just as much politiking as the side you do not favor. Asserting blame on the party whom you do not ascribe to doesn't get us anywhere. Democrats and Republicans alike led us to this point. President Bush and Obama are just as culpable...

But it is easier to blame the party not in power. Democrats unite!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join