It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salute to Senator Ted Cruz...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Although I'm no Republican nor Democrat or anything else (the Tea Party will never have my vote either)...I must say that the compelling speech Senator Ted Cruz gave before the house this evening was quite compelling.

I did however, think that the AHCA (Affordable Health Care Act) was okay "at first". Now after the past two weeks witnessing our governments shutdown and hearing both sides or should I say, opinions from a three party side, I have learned a lot.

The biggest thing I learned is that none of them (senate and house) can agree or find a solution or compromise (negotiate was an extremely dirty word used in this case IMO). The next biggest thing I learned, were all of the neat tidbits to the AHCA. I will not go through them one by one because I don't have the time or patience. I will however, say that although my mind is now considering wether Healthcare Reform is reforming anything, I have been awakened to the fact that there are some very serious issues associated with this law that we all need to consider or in many cases reconsider.

Maybe, just maybe Mr. Ted Cruz has "some" valid points. I'm not going to attempt a quick draw and call for repeal, because I personally do not completely understand the law in its entirety. I am however, because of Ted Cruz and other politicians (on all three sides) going to look into this law with a couple of friends and a couple of magnifying glasses.

Let me end by saying, I didn't post this to sway any political side as I take none. I simply want to look into this in depth and find the flaws....find what will and will not work.

Hopefully, ATS members and non members reading, will do the same.

Any input or information regrading this post will be very helpful.

Thank you for reading
edit on 10/16/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Spelling

edit on 10/16/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Added text "this evening"

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
OP - Never say never. -grin- Remember that it was the Tea Party that sounded off about Obamarama care when election time rolls around. It wasn't the big money reds or the take-it-from-your-pocket blues ... It was people like us. -Cheers

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think a lot of folks aren't going to be happy until they feel "the burn" from Obamacare. It's almost like having a kid that keeps doing something over and over and you tell them over and over to quit or they will get hurt. Some kids just need to get hurt. Those kids are the adults we are talking about now. It looks like milk and honey but it's going to go down like Mr. Yuk on Draino I think.

But I do agree that it will require time for enough people to decide that maybe it wasn't that great of an idea or maybe they were victims of a bait and switch. At this point it looks like it doesn't really matter what we like or don't like. We'll all be grabbing our ankles in the end.

And MAYBE it will be alright... who really knows. I'm keeping my waders out in any case.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Well, I liked the part where he read "Green Eggs & Ham".

But I've always been partial to Dr. Seuss...

Seriously, my view is that it's a start. Will there be problems with it - absolutely - but we as a country needed to do something to get the ball rolling. There are SO many issues related to our healthcare system, but I view this as a way to get started tackling these problems.

I think it will be a work in progress for quite a while.

Let's hope the idiots in Congress give the American people a fair shot at trying to get it right.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Snarl
OP - Never say never. -grin- Remember that it was the Tea Party that sounded off about Obamarama care when election time rolls around. It wasn't the big money reds or the take-it-from-your-pocket blues ... It was people like us. -Cheers

Thank you for your response as a resilient and well informed American. I said never because, in my heart, I don't feel that any presiding/elected official deserves to be hunted. That goes for Tea Party members, Independents (which i lean more towards) the GOP and Dems.

I will thank you again for believing that something's not right and standing up for it and not backing down. I'm sure this is just the beginning and I'm willing to listen to what's said.

Again, thank you for standing up and making us all take notice. It's at worst a beginning.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
As the above has stated, let's see when Obamacare rolls out if the me and you of America are awakened. I am awake but maybe others need to feel it before they go oh $#@*! This is crazy.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have already given up on health care. I'm 53 and in a short time, I won't have access to it anyway since the Lord of Death Obama has taken care of that. They don't need to have murder boards. They just look at all people over 50 who have repeat health issues and target them for the DHS "health care camps". Why do you think all the medical record data is going through the IRS and straight into the NSA data base ?
It's a lot easier than going door to door and outting a tattoo on everyone! I guess no one pays attention to stuff like that these days. ANyway, Cruz is part of the elite, he's safe. He only says that stuff as part of the mis-info campaign. He's just as bad as Obama. How can you tell? He's a politician and he's breathing. Case closed. I'm starting to organize a million suicide march on the mall in dc to "celebrate" the success of our Lord of Death Obama's success. You just need to be over 50 and have one of the "terminal" diseases that are big favorite's of the Lord of Death Obama, like High Blood pressure (especially if it's controlled by meds), or arthritis or low blood sugar) It beats waiting for them to send the Marines or the Army around to pick you up for the Lord of Death Obamas DHS "Health Care" camps !
I imagine all the young democrats and republicans in DC will be so hyped to see all these cats on the mall offing themselves!
Cruz will probably be there too, him and pelosi and paul and boehner and mcconnel and clinton etc ...
they are going to want to see they're handiwork. There such FAB huamn beings, I wish them all the best !
(I'm going with suicide by cop, since the cops love killing citizens, for them it's like shooting skeet, it puts a great big smile on they're face! )

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

You know what, and this just my personal opinion. I started out thinking the Republicans were idiots for even entering such an ordeal, because Pres Obama would never give in to his healthcare deal...ever. I still think the way congress headed the situation was "crazy". BUT, I must say, for someone like me, they definitely made me pay more attention to where my money will be going, how will I and others be taxed (or not). So I'm more attentive now than before.

I personally don't like the name calling from either side (i know i said idiot, but mentally i retracted because they had something to say to America also). This is a moot point and a weakness in my opinion and accomplishes nothing. What I do appreciate are facts, facts that I can credit or discredit then leaving the decision up to me.

Honestly, threatening the finacial integrity of the US is worthless. Both sides, actually, all three sides contributed. However, there's a lot of work and sorting out to do and every American needs to get educated and involved. Then IMO, we make a decisive choice on what we want, since "we" will be paying for it.

Thank you for your input

edit on 10/16/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
As you are combing through Obamacare, here are some things you might want to look for:

We are told that if you have a pre-existing condition, you cannot be denied health insurance. Find out if there is a limit on the premiums you can be charged, or the any limit on the deductible the insurance companies can assign.

We are told that insurance companies cannot deny you insurance, find out what the penalty is if they refuse to insure you. Hint: they have to pay a fine. See if you can envision circumstances where an insurance company would chose to pay the fine rather than insure someone.

We all know that there is a difference between having health insurance and getting health care. See if there is anything in Obamacare that will require an insurance company to pay for necessary medical proceedures. Do doctors determine what is necessary, or do insurance companies?

Find out what the limit is to insurance company profits. Are executive bonuses considered operating expenses, or are they paid from profits? What about the company jets, corporate offices, reserve funds, etc?

Before you are shocked by the answers, remember that insurance companies wrote this legislation.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

CarbonBase
I have already given up on health care. I'm 53 and in a short time, I won't have access to it anyway since the Lord of Death Obama has taken care of that. They don't need to have murder boards. They just look at all people over 50 who have repeat health issues and target them for the DHS "health care camps". Why do you think all the medical record data is going through the IRS and straight into the NSA data base ?
It's a lot easier than going door to door and outting a tattoo on everyone! I guess no one pays attention to stuff like that these days. ANyway, Cruz is part of the elite, he's safe. He only says that stuff as part of the mis-info campaign. He's just as bad as Obama. How can you tell? He's a politician and he's breathing. Case closed. I'm starting to organize a million suicide march on the mall in dc to "celebrate" the success of our Lord of Death Obama's success. You just need to be over 50 and have one of the "terminal" diseases that are big favorite's of the Lord of Death Obama, like High Blood pressure (especially if it's controlled by meds), or arthritis or low blood sugar) It beats waiting for them to send the Marines or the Army around to pick you up for the Lord of Death Obamas DHS "Health Care" camps !
I imagine all the young democrats and republicans in DC will be so hyped to see all these cats on the mall offing themselves!
Cruz will probably be there too, him and pelosi and paul and boehner and mcconnel and clinton etc ...
they are going to want to see they're handiwork. There such FAB huamn beings, I wish them all the best !
(I'm going with suicide by cop, since the cops love killing citizens, for them it's like shooting skeet, it puts a great big smile on they're face! )

In all sincerity, I don't know how to respond to your post. I have a hypothyroid disease, but I'm not 50. I don't know what to think. I know "Reform Heathcare" sounded real good in 2008 and I'm in my forties... I will tell you that by the time the next election rolled out I voted for Ron Paul and switched to independent.

I do know one thing though...I'm trying very hard to learn and figure this AHCA out. That's all I knw right now. I do wish you the very best.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Thank you! That was the most informative reply as of yet. Eye opening it most certainly was (sorry to be communicating like Yoda).

I will look and search for everything you posted. As a matter f fact, give me a coupe f weeks to really look at ths law and I will pst a new bread on my findings.

Ths is obviously more serious than I first thought.

edit on 10/16/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Dam, I can't spell...I'm using an iPad.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I was referring to the speech he gave before Congress on 10/16/2013. IMO, the green eggs and ham was unnecessary, but I understood that speech as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Don't worry, Obamacare will topple the US economy like it was intended to do, time will prove it. Obama changed Obamacare 17 times, yet he did nothing to get rid of the bad parts because they were put there by design.

THe bankers will soon own the entire United States by signing us onto their debt. America's time is finished. People are too stupid to do anything to make their politicians be held accountable. They will shut down all wealth and get everyone on food stamps and welfare for complete control. And u and your family will gladly sell out to the system for a dime because when the economy crash u will have no choice.

Obama and the elites end game was revealed 40 years ago.

edit on 16-10-2013 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1

I was referring to the speech he gave before Congress on 10/16/2013. IMO, the green eggs and ham was unnecessary, but I understood that speech as well.

And out of everything Cruz said, the "Green Eggs and Ham" part was the only thing CNN showed. It reminded me of the "Collateral Murder" video. The only part of that CNN showed was about 5 seconds of the cameraman peeking around the corner of the building holding a tripod, suggesting it looked like a rocket launcher.

I guess that's why I watch CNN. They tell me what the government wants me to think, my instinctive distrust for the people in government takes over from there.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

amfirst1

Don't worry, Obamacare will topple the US economy like it was intended to do, time will prove it. Obama changed Obamacare 17 times, yet he did nothing to get rid of the bad parts because they were put there by design.

THe bankers will soon own the entire United States by signing us onto their debt. America's time is finished. People are too stupid to do anything to make their politicians be held accountable. They will shut down all wealth and get everyone on food stamps and welfare for complete control. And u and your family will gladly sell out to the system for a dime because when the economy crash u will have no choice.
edit on 16-10-2013 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

First of all, I sell out to no one. I make cash in a way (self employed by a law only allowed in 20 states) that will never go away. I commit no crimes and employ 15. Unionized are my employees in the State of California.

Sell out! Who the hell are you to judge me and call me a sell out or a potential sell out. Boehner sold out, Obama...we'll, that's another case which is worse. All I'm trying to do is figure this crap out. The unions asked for a lot. I thought this would be a good deal in the beginning until it hit my organizations pocket Extremely Hard!!!

Not one of my employees have a choice and neither does my family. This is a real concern of mine. I am responsibe for the weath of 15 families and my family. We have been given some time in my state...so I put it in the hands of my CPA and my tax lady. Now, I have 15 people in my managers office wanting to know what's up and I have no answers. I am trying with my busy schedule and running a business to figure out what to tell them....because I Don't Know!!!

If that's selling out, than okay to you. I'm just trying to get informed and it's really difficult except to hear and read..."prepare for this...pay that". That's all I've been getting and it makes no sense. Don't attack me for trying to overstand this law.

PS
The union is of no help whatsoever as they seem to be as incompetent and ignorant as I am regarding this law.

ETA
I didn't intend to come across as hostile however, this is extremely frustrating and to top that off, I have no answers for my employees...yet!
edit on 10/16/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Obamacare is nation wide version of the Massachusetts health care insurance reform law from 2006. If you want to know what the effects of it will nation wide look at the effects it has had on Massachusetts. Some how it has managed to increase coverage without destroying the state economy. That is to say it has worked ok. I guess that to some people that kind ruins all the either Obamacare is the answer to everything and the Obamacare is going to wreck the economy. Why must everything be extremes with people? As for Ted Cruz that guy just cost the GOP the house in 2014. I do not think he is real popular anywhere right now.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Romney care is nothing like Obamacare. 93% of people in Massachusetts already had insurance before Romneycare which brought it up to 97%. There is many many difference. Plus, it is not mandatory.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Obamacare is not healthcare - it has nothing to do with health -

It is a tax. Do you file income taxes in any way? They will find you and take it from refunds - or levy liens on your property or business.

This is how they are going to everyone in their computer banks.

They have access then to your banking accounts - and they will take what they want from you - It's the IRS - you are guilty until proven innocent. You pay the lawyer to get your crap back......

Obamacare is a tax - by the SCOTUS.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

MrSpad
As for Ted Cruz that guy just cost the GOP the house in 2014. I do not think he is real popular anywhere right now.

Do you know what I like about you? Do you know why I read your posts? Because you don't rub salt in the wound when you're proven right. I like that.

About the GOP ... Well, Cruz might have cost them the house, but he's re-established a base for The People. Maybe not everyone, but for a lot more than he's given credit. Cruz May not even have much farther to go before he's replaced, but he's tangibly progressed the movement towards balance. And, like the OP, I salute him for his efforts! -Cheers
edit on 17102013 by Snarl because: Wording

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

MrSpad
Obamacare is nation wide version of the Massachusetts health care insurance reform law from 2006. If you want to know what the effects of it will nation wide look at the effects it has had on Massachusetts. Some how it has managed to increase coverage without destroying the state economy. That is to say it has worked ok. I guess that to some people that kind ruins all the either Obamacare is the answer to everything and the Obamacare is going to wreck the economy. Why must everything be extremes with people? As for Ted Cruz that guy just cost the GOP the house in 2014. I do not think he is real popular anywhere right now.

Thank you for replying. I'm just incredibly confused and here's why. I'm asking questions as a small business owner yet, not getting any answers except, we're working on it...stand by! Comments about Cruz, were brought up, because I actually started to think about what I need to do. The problem is...I don't know what to do.

I believe in this law and I am more than willing to abide by ths law. I think it's a good law. My issue is I am being bombarded with questions by my employees who are concerned and what they should do. In the meantime, i tell them that they will continue on their current plan. Being a Union member doesn't help me either, because when I call, they say...we're working on it!

After Janusry 1, I honestly have no clue what to do, who to talk to, nor where to go for help.

I'm seeking some guidance...that's all. Thank you for your reply and maybe, just maybe you can guide me, because I'm totally lost now. I've been handling everything fine up until now....now I find myself at a lost for explanations and answers to the people that are working for me.

Again, thank you.

new topics

top topics

join