It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Passed !! .. Congress sends gov't funding, debt bill to Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

He will, already said so publicly in the news media for the entire America to see how great the closet muslim is.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This entire thing has been about the power struggle in the GOP. The party is more divided than ever and has never been less popular. Everyone involved in trying skip over the prior compromise between the GOP and DNC and trying to use the shutdown as a weapon to attack Obamacare is going to find themselves singled out and blamed by the GOP. The GOP instead of trying to make gains in the Senate will now lose the house next year. The GOP was trying to improve its image of being out of touch with the American people and now thanks to the Tea Party they look even worse. For the rest of us this has been one big waste of time and money. We ended up back where we started. I suppose the 24 hour news networks were winners as they had something to talk about for a couple of weeks.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

MrSpad
This entire thing has been about the power struggle in the GOP. The party is more divided than ever and has never been less popular.

I agree with the first part but believe your last line to be premature and speculative given the dust hasn't settled yet. It could very well end up that way, but with more Americans willing to identify that they are neither strictly "democrat" or "republican"; I will say that both parties are losing here. The impasse didn't only affect the "right" side of the aisle as the media has portrayed. The "left" has taken some major hits as more people move to a point of seeing themselves not defined by some preconception notion of a "party" but as individuals; as we should be seen.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

MrSpad
This entire thing has been about the power struggle in the GOP. The party is more divided than ever and has never been less popular. Everyone involved in trying skip over the prior compromise between the GOP and DNC and trying to use the shutdown as a weapon to attack Obamacare is going to find themselves singled out and blamed by the GOP. The GOP instead of trying to make gains in the Senate will now lose the house next year. The GOP was trying to improve its image of being out of touch with the American people and now thanks to the Tea Party they look even worse. For the rest of us this has been one big waste of time and money. We ended up back where we started. I suppose the 24 hour news networks were winners as they had something to talk about for a couple of weeks.

Im not so sure of this i think if Cruz plays his cards right you might be very surprised by the outcome.Hes starting a war with politicians in general and this can play very well to voters. As far as funding the t party is entirely different they dont rely on business thats why during the shut down he wasnt concerned. Even when big business started telling republicans to back off and led to Cruz being attacked hes safe. His funding is through private individuals and not corporate entities.So what happens in the next couple of months especially in December may re write politics as usual.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I do not believe there is anyone in government today that isn't a bought and paid for corporate whore ... period. These parasitic subhumans usually acquire the taste for the free blood they suck from the country at a civic and state level, so by the time a few years roll on by and they make it to the federal buffet they are engorged, lazy and indifferent to the host.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

cprnicus
I do not believe there is anyone in government today that isn't a bought and paid for corporate whore ... period. These parasitic subhumans usually acquire the taste for the free blood they suck from the country at a civic and state level, so by the time a few years roll on by and they make it to the federal buffet they are engorged, lazy and indifferent to the host.

I am in government...am I a bought and paid "whore"? On that note, aren't we all "whores" in some sense or another?

If you mean "elected" officials, then I regress. If not, I swore an oath...twice (military and civilian) and I will damn well uphold it within my capacity.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Sen. Cruz -- Unaffected or even strengthened.

Sen. Reid -- On his way out is my belief.

President Obama -- Insured a lame-duck presidency for the next 2 1/2 years.

Are you kidding me?

Obama and Reid came out way on top on this, they stood their ground and told Cruz to get bent. Even Republicans are blaming the idiot Cruz for causing all this with no logical plan or exit strategy.

Cruz, the architect of the shutdown that only hurt the American people and gained him nothing, just went from being a Presidential candidate to the black sheep of the Republican party. Sure, the Tea Partiers will still love him, because they are as stupid as he is...but that isn't exactly a positive thing.

Reid is the one that brokered this deal with McConnell and ended this disaster the Republicans gave us. Republicans were for SURE that Reid was going to lose his last election and he won in a landslide. Same thing will happen next time he is up for re-election if he decides to run again.

Obama just showed the Tea Partiers that he isn't going to back down, so any more silly games they are planning are just not going to work.

It is hilarious that you and other Republicans are desperately trying to spin this as a win for them...absolutely hilarious.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

cprnicus

Well im not so sure democrats and republicans are tired of political games in fact one poll i saw said that they that 70 or 80 percent think career politicians have to go.Youve got alot of people sick about federal spending just usually for different reasons.Some hate foreign aid some defense spending and others domestic. Now i see eventually these groups getting so sick of government waste they ban together. There really just opisit sides of the same coin politicians job keep them fighting each other so they dont realize its all about the money. But eventually all this disgust of government will reach critical mass and just like a nuke will either blow apart the government or at the very least leave alot of people burned. Being an independent i am the one that usually sees compromises just Washington doesnt want you to. Because the minute people realize that they really want the same things concessions are made and everyone wins except for the people profiting off the business as usual.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Well im not so sure democrats and republicans are tired of political games in fact one poll i saw said that they that 70 or 80 percent think career politicians have to go.

The problem with questions like this is when people answer them, they are thinking of voting the "career politicians" out of the other party. They don't see THEIR politicians as the problem or the career politicians...only those on the other side.

It's a ploy, it's to try to convince everyone on "the other side" to agree and just vote out their side.

I can guarantee you that in the 2014 elections, incumbents will still win more than they lose, that Dems and Reps will win almost every seat in the Senate and the House, and that almost no Independent/Third Party candidates will win.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Obama's got his money to go into Syria now.....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
A part of me says, "Who cares?"

I want them to actually pass a budget for once in this admins life.

I don't think that'll happen though. This will be the new normal I'm afraid.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

He talks about politicraps in government, I am sure that you are not a politician in Washington, my husband also works for the government.

I call them whores also, as that is what our political rats are this days whores to the pimps in the corporate dictatorship.

And that is the truth.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Get ready for the failure of obamacrap that is when things are going to get interested for the democrats, as already the population is starting to see what a big crap Obamacrap truly is.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by AlienScience

Get ready for the failure of obamacrap that is when things are going to get interested for the democrats, as already the population is starting to see what a big crap Obamacrap truly is.

We shall see.

The best part about it is that failure or success...it doesn't matter. If it succeeds, then we are better off than we were before. If it fails, our only option is to move closer to single payer.

Our population is too dumb to move outright to single payer...so the next step will be to add the public option to the ACA to introduce more competition and premium price controls. Once the majority flocks to the public option, insurance companies will self implode and that will leave us no choice but to fully move to single payer.

It is planned this way...it had to be planned this way because of our uninformed and uneducated public. Sure, call it a conspiracy if you want...but it is more of a strategic plan to move to the true end goal, which is single payer.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well! He did sign it! I am surprised! I thought sure he would find something wrong with it and send it back!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
To be continued. Tune in February for the conclusion of "The rich and the hopelessly lost"

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

hillbilly4rent
To be continued. Tune in February for the conclusion of "The rich and the hopelessly lost"

Don't you mean the next episode?

I seems to have been writtten as a series.

edit on 17-10-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

I know many were surprised, but I knew my policraps and I know about the law, US has never defaulted on its debt before, this time it was not going to be any different, the only thing is how despicably the government and president lie to the people to scare them

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

AlienScience
Are you kidding me?

No.

Obama and Reid came out way on top on this, they stood their ground and told Cruz to get bent. Even Republicans are blaming the idiot Cruz for causing all this with no logical plan or exit strategy.

Did I say they didn't? I never said what Cruz did was good or bad; I was merely placing my analysis with his standing regarding his home-state. To that, I stand by it will not affect him or he will be emboldened.

Cruz, the architect of the shutdown that only hurt the American people and gained him nothing, just went from being a Presidential candidate to the black sheep of the Republican party. Sure, the Tea Partiers will still love him, because they are as stupid as he is...but that isn't exactly a positive thing.

No wonder we cannot have civil discourse in this country; just look at your above paragraph. You single handily called people you don't agree with 'stupid'.

Reid is the one that brokered this deal with McConnell and ended this disaster the Republicans gave us. Republicans were for SURE that Reid was going to lose his last election and he won in a landslide. Same thing will happen next time he is up for re-election if he decides to run again.

When I say on the "way out", I think he is done with politics. His son lost last election, the president had Reid be the political cover during the shutdown, and frankly, the person he was up against was a joke.

Obama just showed the Tea Partiers that he isn't going to back down, so any more silly games they are planning are just not going to work.

Obama stand ground = greatness; those who oppose = idiots....am I getting this right?

It is hilarious that you and other Republicans are desperately trying to spin this as a win for them...absolutely hilarious.

It is hilarious that you took my post, in which I provided my personal view on the "winners" and "losers" as an attempt to "desperately" try to spin this as a win. I said it was losers all around. I also pointed out that it is the likes of you, who cannot contain your "win" without lashing out.

Again, we wonder why it is dysfunctional at the top when even down here in the trenches it is magnitudes worse...way to contribute.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

No wonder we cannot have civil discourse in this country; just look at your above paragraph. You single handily called people you don't agree with 'stupid'.

No, I called the Tea Party stupid, not everyone I disagree with.

I disagree with a lot of Republicans and their policies, but I know most of them aren't stupid. In fact they are usually very intelligent, sometimes deceptive, but very intelligent.

I haven't met an intelligent Tea Party supporter or have seen an intelligent Tea Party politician. Sarah Palin is their hero...that should tell you everything you need to know about this group of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join