It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you have your eyes altered so as to be able to see into the Infrared Spectrum?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Depends on what you're measuring .. when you say resolution what are you talking about? visuals? or what? that makes little sense ... you have to define that.. on here we're going with what is given.. got more info to frame that question with?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

miniatus
reply to post by DJW001

Depends on what you're measuring .. when you say resolution what are you talking about? visuals? or what? that makes little sense ... you have to define that.. on here we're going with what is given.. got more info to frame that question with?

I won't humor this for long.. I have to be up at 5am and it's 10:30pm now

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

You do realize that your last two posts are completely nonsensical, don't you?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

I would jump at a chance to do this if i was able to turn it off. I cant help but think of Jordy from Star Trek. He has the ability to switch to different wavelengths to detect whatever he was looking for.

The world is beautiful as it is, even if its only 2.3% of what it could be. I would not want to lose that.

Maybe i just want my cake and to eat it too, but whats the point of having cake if not to eat it?

DC

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

DJW001

You do realize that your last two posts are completely nonsensical, don't you?
'

Why on earth would you say that without defending it .. I have to sleep now but will defend whatever you actually say tomorrow.. but I stil ask you why you'd even dare without giving a specific challenge argument.. that's important...the last two posts seemed to be well understood .. but not by you.. so be more specific and I'll tweak it to your understanding

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The retina does register UV , its the natural human lens that filters it out

This was discovered when patients with removed lenses and also some patients with IOs (artificial intraoptic lens), also much more sooner in patients with aphakia (born without lens)

I think it was Van Gogh who drew so abstractly including because say violet/uv hues normal eyes cannot.
Of course, UV-capable eyes see a fraction of UV not full spectrum anything except visible and some uv, maybe some extra more IR than normal eye.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
We all saw this coming.

They will obtain test subjects by insulting people calling them low life forms and offering the solution to "fix them up" . The eyes will then be changed and they will log the results.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Im pretty sure we only see 400-750 nm or so in terms of wavelength of electromagnetism. I believe that'd be something more like

.00000023% of the spectrum. I mean, we're starting to discover extremely long wavelengths, and we theorize the smallest wavelength to be about the length of the planck scale.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Why on earth would you say that without defending it .. I have to sleep now but will defend whatever you actually say tomorrow.. but I stil ask you why you'd even dare without giving a specific challenge argument.. that's important...the last two posts seemed to be well understood .. but not by you.. so be more specific and I'll tweak it to your understanding

Here are your last two posts:

I won't humor this for long.. I have to be up at 5am and it's 10:30pm now

You seem to be having a violent disagreement with yourself. I pointed out that human beings are already capable of sensing in the infrared, and you accused me of being scientifically illiterate. I trust you will see things more clearly after a good night's rest.

Edit to add: The new software is not allowing me to quote the entirety of your posts. --DJW001
edit on 17-10-2013 by DJW001 because: Formatting problems. --DJW001

edit on 17-10-2013 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join