It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY solution is a third party......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A third party. I must have missed the first two. I'll bring a barrel of beer and twenty pounds of good hot dogs.

If you want I will accept campaign contributions.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

MidnightTide
With 17 trillion in debt, continual trillion plus deficits per year and a monstrous looming mandatory spending in the horizon I think it is a bit late for a third party.

Just wondering how long before the this illusion of a viable economy lasts.

(and you all had a chance in voting / supporting Ron Paul)

Exactly.

What happens when our creditors don't want to lend to us anymore and demand payment?

What happens when we can't pay them anymore?

There will be no imaginary debt ceiling to raise.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman

MidnightTide
With 17 trillion in debt, continual trillion plus deficits per year and a monstrous looming mandatory spending in the horizon I think it is a bit late for a third party.

Just wondering how long before the this illusion of a viable economy lasts.

(and you all had a chance in voting / supporting Ron Paul)

Exactly.

What happens when our creditors don't want to lend to us anymore and demand payment?

What happens when we can't pay them anymore?

There will be no imaginary debt ceiling to raise.

Considering half the debt is owed by the gov to other parts of the gov and that US has nearly limitless assets that is not going to happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Huh? Ron Paul?? One man? Heck, a president can't change things much. It takes many, if the two parties aren't doing it...Hello?

It will be a third one or it won't happen!!!...I think.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Here's my point re the Libertarians..and yourself, for that matter. Quoting the Constitution is all well and good.

It's been tried. Members of both parties quote it as well.

It's like a priest that quotes verse and passage of the Bible then diddles the choir boy in the back room.

Deed, not words, is what we need. DEEDS.

A stated mandate to clean house, expose the doers and a reckoning is what I require, Not more Constitutional quotes.

An angry, loud firm commitment assuring job one is exposing everything and prosecuting those responsible.

Nothing less will suffice or motivate ANY third party participation enough to get real traction. Otherwise, true or not, it sounds just like every other politician that ever ran for office.

That's why I yawn at the Libertarians.

By the way, what is their position on the A.C.A.? Did they come out and support either view? What have they contributed?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What's realy needed is to take the money out of the political game. Set legal political campaign contribution limits. This way no one person/organization/corporation/bank/whoever can buy their "guy" an election. Plus include full disclosure of ALL money raised, with names.

Do this and you may see a change in who the politician takes care of first, the people or the moneymen.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Locally, our mayor is running UNopposed. He's a total f wad, an attorney. Going to the public meetings, I've never experienced more contempt for the average citizen anywhere in the world, but this is a nice mid-sized PA town. Never once have I heard any proposition of council qualified as "for the (whole) community". They always vote unanimously.

Lawyermayorhaggerty keeps in business funneling money to his constituents' pet projects. All he and council know how to do is spend money. Ironically, in this case they steal from the poor to give to the rich. One side of town gets Olympic size pools, tennis courts, ball fields, rec center....etc. The other side gets nothing. They actually snow plowed parking lots for the parks, and were plowing jogging trails there instead of plowing my street, a taxpayer.

So, it's a microcosm of national politics. I ran for local office elsewhere, same kind of general conditions...inc the fire co stealing $100k in unpaid "loans". Running for office is a pita and even if elected, very unfulfilling for an honest guy.

imo, the only way revolution in USA has a chance is the German Reunification model of disobedience. Don't count on trade union support here though....they've already got what they want, to bleed the system dry.
edit on 18-10-2013 by AxisofEvil because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2013 by AxisofEvil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AxisofEvil

A depressing picture you paint.

I can think of no good response.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join