It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shooting point blank

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well...

If what you say is true dh, and there are other things like this happening then yes, they should be dealt with accordingly...

From what I understand, the soldier was shot the day before, and that they have been discovering IED's in dead bodies,waiting to blow up our troops...

So like I said, I don't condone it...but there appers to be some extenuating, circumstances, involved...

bodrul...

Same answer as dh...

I don't know what is going on over there ( and neither, does any one else, unless you've been there ), so I can't really give a good answer, other that what I've given...

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Jedi_Master]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Shooting an unarmed man is a crime, however we havent heard both sides of the story yet. Remeber, its not likely that this guy was some innocent civilian. He was in a mosque that was being used by the insurgents, so he was most likely one of them.
It sounds like this marine wasnt mentally fit to be in combat. He was shot in the face a day before, and I'll be willing to bet that he snapped under fear of being shot again.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
as bad as it all is, it's better than the results of the sanctions. a million children have died as a result of the sanctions. it sucks now, but hopefully this is the beginning of the end for much of the suffering.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by apw100
however we havent heard both sides of the story yet.

You're right we haven't...

Let us also remember that all media is biased too their agenda, ( that's why I don't trust it ), let us also remember that the media is biased, in our quest for truth...

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Jedi_Master]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by vapor
as bad as it all is, it's better than the results of the sanctions. a million children have died as a result of the sanctions. it sucks now, but hopefully this is the beginning of the end for much of the suffering.

and im sure thats what the IRAQ's thought last year when bush declared an end to the conflict last year

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Nothing against the US guys but when they get back there's gonna be alot of murders.

These military men will be killing their wifes, children, family members, neighbors. It's all part of the human psyche.
They start to think it's the right thing to do when there is anger.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
well I agree it is horrible we shouldnt put the guy on trial. It would be horrible for morall. What people dont understand is soldiers dont have time to think, they act on instinct and sometimes in the heat of battle, instinct can make mistakes.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by apw100
Shooting an unarmed man is a crime, however we havent heard both sides of the story yet. Remeber, its not likely that this guy was some innocent civilian. He was in a mosque that was being used by the insurgents, so he was most likely one of them.
It sounds like this marine wasnt mentally fit to be in combat. He was shot in the face a day before, and I'll be willing to bet that he snapped under fear of being shot again.

Course he COULDN'T have been an innocent civilian, like the imam of the mosque or one of its patrons! I mean, it's not like he would carry a weapon to try and defend himself or his family and church against the thousands of ramped up Marines with orders to shoot on sight that are storming the city! That's just preposterous. And now that there's no witnesses left alive that could ahve determined any of this, it MUST be right!

DE

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
well I agree it is horrible we shouldnt put the guy on trial. It would be horrible for morall. What people dont understand is soldiers dont have time to think, they act on instinct and sometimes in the heat of battle, instinct can make mistakes.

on the clip it sounded like he was thinking for a around 1-3min
before firing his weapon

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
on the clip it sounded like he was thinking for a around 1-3min
before firing his weapon

Which clip did you see ???

The one I saw lasted about 30 seconds...

dh

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It would be well worth remembering thaqt war crimes and slaughter in far off lands is aimed mostly at us, the homeland crowd
In the end we're the most difficult to deal with, with our easiness and ease of life
The real aim of 911, Abu Graibh, Guantanamo, Fallujah is to unsettle us, make us feel our helplessness in the scheme of things
What can we do about it?
Nothing except the relentless surrender of freedoms
Fight back against this constructed hallucination is the best I can suggest

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
the winners never get charged with war crimes. its as simple as that.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I haven't read the three pages of responses, and it's probably better that I don't.

But let me just say, this is battle. There were also reports of insurgents faking to be dead and then shooting at soldiers as they approach. They also booby-trap dead or injured civilians/insurgents, fight out of Mosques, schools, and hospitals, all of which are CLEAR violations of international law.

You people passing judgement on this soldier are unbelievably arrogant and ignorant. If you were being attacked by people faking to be dead you wouldn't leave anything to chance either. The insurgents fight dirty, and that doesn't mean we stoop to their level, but it also doesn't mean we have to go out of their way to be impeccable. Remember who we're killing over there.

They're not nice people. And while you're whining about our treatment of them try to keep in mind the way they treat people like you.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
. And while you're whining about our treatment of them try to keep in mind the way they treat people like you.

so we should lower ourselves to thier level?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
They're not nice people. And while you're whining about our treatment of them try to keep in mind the way they treat people like you.

they were nice to me, they offered me tea and crumpets.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
so we should lower ourselves to thier level?

That's not possible.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I saw the film and I was disgusted. If that what human beings have become then god help us all. This was not an act of war, this was not retaliation this was simple murder. If this act was carried out in Texas the Marine would be on death row.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I want to see this video and make up my own mind.

Where can I find it on the net?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
dunno on the net but they have been showing it on UK Tv but NBC have pulled video on the actual shooting and only left audio on. if find will post.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wonder why good, law abiding Muslims think Americans don't value Muslim life hey!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join