It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CINEMA- Where you sit can define your personality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This kinda funny and also somewhat tells where some research money go. Don´t know what good it is to anyone to know someones hidden reasons by picking a cinema seat, unless if you are having a date

daily

According to psychologist Hiromi Mizuki, the inner workings of a person’s heart and mind can affect their choice of cinema seat.

Mizuki believes that those who choose a seat in the centre of the cinema directly in front of the screen are confident and decisive.
If you opt for a seat at the back of the cinema with the screen directly in front of you, you are a calm and collected person.
But in selecting a seat away from the action, you may be slightly timid and afraid of being influenced by others, says Mizuki.
People who love sociable activity and being around others select a seat on the front row with the screen directly in front of them.
Holing yourself away in one of the cinema’s back corners means you’re the kind of person who wants to know everything that’s going on but don’t have the confidence to get involved yourself, argues Mizuki.
If sitting in a front corner is more your style, you’re the kind of person who accepts being inconvenienced, and Mizuki warns that people may take advantage of your weakness.

So it tells me that love social activity and want to be around others.. when the truth is always with my seat selection that being such a petite person im trying to find a seat without barndoor size people in front of me and im not very social

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I guess im the kind of guy that likes to sit center screen, back few rows.
i always assumed it was myself feeling self conscious about my height (im a tall guy XD) and trying not to sit in front of to many people as i can more comfortably sit normally in the seat and not have to slouch.

i do have issues sitting in restaurants though. for some reason i dont want to sit in the middle of the room. i cant have people walking behind me when im eating. i feel vulnerable or something.

my mom has told me my dad dosnt like to eat in a restaurant unless he can see the entrance at his angle.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

Seems reasonable, big back has more space for someone´s violent act also we yet lack a extra eyes in our back

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I usually sit in the back middle. To me, that's the best view. I'm not so sure about this guys take on it though. I dislike the front row, and the middle, simply because it's too close to the screen. It has nothing to do with my social preferences. Nevertheless, I can see how it might for some folks.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yes i usually sit in the middle about half way. The reason being i hate looking up at the screen near the front. It hurts my neck. And i never have anyone to kiss with at the back lol

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I sit in the center middle, but thats only because its the best seat in the house.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sometimes I sit in the middle, sometimes I sit in the back.
Who I'm with plays a part, for example, the only time I sit in the back is when I go to the movies with a lady friend

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
From what i know from going to the cinema with friends and what i observe from people around me in the ticket line vs where they sit - i think theres some real truth to this.

Guess where i sit?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I prefer to sit right in the damn middle...why you may ask??? Because if I'm gonna spend $12 to view a movie I might as well try and get the best seat I can get. I do it for viewing purposes only.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Which is exactly what makes you a confident person, you demand value for your time and money.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Mizuki believes that those who choose a seat in the centre of the cinema directly in front of the screen are confident and decisive.

Yep, that is where I sit and the description matches my general attitude. Maybe they're onto something.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm the kinda person who think's people paid to research stuff like this stare out of the window alot, then write something like this 5 minutes before the deadline.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

what a twit that author is.

I sit in the corner, where people aren't likely to piss me off. This is for public convenience, not my own. It is easier on my wife if I my jimmies don't get rustled.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Rikku
I'm the kinda person who think's people paid to research stuff like this stare out of the window alot, then write something like this 5 minutes before the deadline.

Succinct. True. Superior to so many articles published in magazines and e-zines.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Interesting.

Personally I sit in the middle of the theater. I feel I get the best experience there. I don't like sitting all the way in the back nor in the front.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I sit at the front in the middle because I like to stretch my legs

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Or your eyesight or your hearing could affect your selection.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hmm, not sure where that puts me. When with my kids they like the first couple of rows in the middle. But when I choose my seat it depends on how many seated rows there are: if three I sit in the far right row of chairs but in the isle seat four-to six rows back, that is my preferred spot. Otherwise somewhere in the back on the right side.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

boymonkey74
I sit at the front in the middle because I like to stretch my legs

Same here, same reason. Also If I get a large (yeah right, if) popcorn.
There is a free refill.and I always refill. being in front is practical for getting out and back quickly.

top topics

join