It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is "Holocaust revisionism" a crime

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There is quite a laundry list of people who have spent time in jail/prison for reasons of holocaust revisionst theory. My question is, is why is this a crime? If the events happened as central narrative indicates wouldn't the facts of those events be strong enough to disprove any arguments by deniers? Is there any other historical event where challenging the facts of the central narrative is punishable under law? This raises some very big red flags in my opinion.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Wewillallbefree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Where is illegal outside of Germany?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
First, it's not a crime in America and I doubt it is anywhere else in the world although I would advise against speaking to that sentiment in Israel. Second, why would anyone deny it? It happened.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

intrepid
There are quite a few countries that criminalize it....france, belgium....a few others. Most have genocide denial laws in general, and most only constitute a fine.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

captaintyinknots

intrepid
There are quite a few countries that criminalize it....france, belgium....a few others. Most have genocide denial laws in general, and most only constitute a fine.

Unlike Austria who send deniers to prison:-

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The truth is never afraid of questions. You got it op. Now sit back and watch the jdl tear this thread apart. :A)
edit on 16-10-2013 by crawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
In Canada, you can't "rewrite the history" of that period, or you'll go to prison.

It happened after that a German man managed to show there were less Jews that died in the concentration camps than what was reported officially. I remember reading about one that changed its statement of x Jews dead there for x number of people, all nationalities of prisoners accounted for. I can't remember the name of the man.
But he served time here before being sent back to Germany I think.

Sorry for lack of precisions.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Austria, Canada, Switzerland, France, and I think the UK

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Of course it happened.

The incident however is exaggerated(including the amount died, book usually default to the 6 million, its more close to 1/5 of that), and only shows Jews as victims(while many, including blacks and other visible minorities in the territories were treated the same).

Plus Americas(cont) system(along with new sensitive European union) is pro Israeli so it will deny anything that is Anti-Israel, example Holocaust questioners.

When things becomes a "taboo" to talk, it is when you need to look at it more keenly.

edit on 10/16/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/16/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Earnst Zundell. Yeah he was detained at the jail I worked at then. Pathetic little man. I don't think he was detained on charges related to Canada. Aside from this guy I haven't come across a denier inside.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

They may have been fed some misinformation, or bad data......so all it would take would be being provided accurate information and if the person is of sound mind they are likely to change their mind. So where is legal recourse justified?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillallbefree

It's probably part of an ongoing hate crime Holocaust deniers typically don't stop at just words

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillallbefree

I actually believe deniers are either thick or delusional (in which case they need education) or that they are working to a hidden agenda, many country's after the war where left with a very large number of Nazi sympethisers such as the Vichi french, the Austrian fascist's etc and others had a very large number of there people missing after the holocaust whom had been murdered by the Nazi's.

Many deniers hinge there argument on claims there were never so many jew's (utterly wrong as there were even more), No one could be so evil ( tell that to the starving children whom one SS frauline allowed her german shepherds to eat alive or the victim's of Mengela's experiment's, or the sack's of human hair that were found that were being sent back to germany to make wig's with, or the ton's of spectacles, or the people whom were cremated sometimes alive so that the Sondercommando could check the ashes for life diamond's), or out of simple disbelief (Re-educate).

At the Neurembourg war crime's trial's the next to last commandant of auschwitze was asked how many people had been killed at the camp under his term of command and he claimed at least 2.5 million, this was later revised down due to lack of evidence (Records had been destroyed and many people could never be varified) to less than a million but if his claim was true then the real figure for the holocause if calculated would be between 12 to 18 million Jew's, Gypsies and others the Nazi regime termed undesirable.

None of us will ever truly grasp the real figure as more people died as a direct result of the war but it is definitely safe to say the conservative figure in the history book's was lower than the real actual figure.

So back to why, well the term "NEVER AGAIN" comes to mind, he whom forget's and denial is a form of forgetting, is doomed to repeat the mistakes and crimes of the past.

edit on 16-10-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ok lets change the theme of this thread, none of the people who were imprisoned or faced legal recourse were deniers they were proponents of revised version of the traditional holocaust narrative, not deniers....so why are people deterred from making intellectual arguements regarding this historical matter?

There are people who deny the birth, death, and ressurection of Jesus Christ and there is no legal recourse for that.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Denying the holocaust in europe would be like denying black slavery in america - people should learn from their horrifying, non-humane history.

Europe does not want a return to nazism.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

intrepid

Austria
Belgium
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Czech Republic
France
Germany
Hungary
Israel
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Poland
Romania
Switzerland
And last but not least the European Union.

So much for free speech around the world huh?

Laws against Holocaust denial
edit on 16-10-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

NowanKenubi
In Canada, you can't "rewrite the history" of that period, or you'll go to prison.

It happened after that a German man managed to show there were less Jews that died in the concentration camps than what was reported officially. I remember reading about one that changed its statement of x Jews dead there for x number of people, all nationalities of prisoners accounted for. I can't remember the name of the man.
But he served time here before being sent back to Germany I think.

Sorry for lack of precisions.
i think his name was ernst zundel you can find a link to him on rense.com

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

buster2010
So much for free speech around the world huh

The 1st is an American invention. One a lot of the world doesn't buy into. Does it work better? Depends on who you ask.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I hesitated even to flag this thread, in case there is so much taboo, but decided to flag it anyway because of that hesitation, because its not right. Many may not agree with those challenging the hollocaust, as it is recorded, whether in the details or in the whole, but anyone trying to make laws prohibiting free speech like this is a fascist and that's intrinsically illegal and unlawfal, for its slavery, major harm to people. Basic common law deals with the thou shalt not harm things. So, don't understand why its illegal at all.

I myself don't agree with the Nazi era, or the detentions and murders, as history depicts, but not necessarily via the numbers of those murdered by the regime, more about the motivation and conspiracy angle, and whether or not this was a test run, which bankers it served, etc. But think alot of people lost their lives, not just military, but civilians in their own country and surrounding countries.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by On the level

Denying the holocaust in europe would be like denying black slavery in america - people should learn from their horrifying, non-humane history.

Europe does not want a return to nazism.

There is one little difference. Black slavery can be proven that it happened the way they said it did unlike the holocaust. A lot of people are wrongly labeled deniers when they are revisionist. Every incident in history should be open for investigation to find out the truth of what happened that includes the holocaust. But seeing how much money is made from the holocaust industry it's a small wonder why they don't want the truth to come out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join