It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enemies, Foreign and Domestic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Guilty of Sedition? Tea Party Threatens America’s Economic and Political Systems

October 16, 2013 |

www.alternet.org...

Happy Penultimate Day everyone! My comments are in yellow.

Members of the Tea Party like to wrap up in the American flag and call themselves patriots. But does a love of country include wrecking it?

The behavior of the GOP’s extremist faction is looking increasingly outlandish and unprecedented, like the machinations of some lunatic fringe in a country far, far away (say the taliban) . But they're right here. (a good christian taliban) They want to destroy the U.S. government and they will plainly thwart laws they don’t like in the name of foolhardy austerity and unregulated markets. Hindering a law by using threats or force, by the way, is sedition, and some have argued that the Tea Party members are guilty of this crime.

Certainly extortion has become the Tea Party’s method of choice, behavior which Andrew Reinbach of Huffington Post suggests [3] might make them subject to the 1951 Hobbs Act, which covers “extortionate threats of physical, economic and informational harm.”

Like a mentally unstable person standing on a bridge and mesmerized by the sight of the river below, the right seems hypnotized by a compulsion to jump into uncharted waters. They want chaos and destruction - they pray for it - 'cause, don't ya know - they're gonna fly up to jesus and leave us all behind - yipee) They chatter that we could somehow prioritize payments. But they don’t know if this can even happen. They say that the Treasury could rig something up. Or maybe not. Maybe, deep in their hearts, they are craving a catastrophe that would weaken the government so effectively that oligarchs like the Koch brothers would be released on the country like the Kracken.

I really am not anti-christian. I just don't get fundamentalist types - oh, maybe a little as I did write a paper for a class on it once - it's easier, don't have to decide for yourself, or think for yourself, don't have any responsibity and can put blame on a (LOL) higher human source - yeap - just plain lazy. This goes for fundamentalist muslims as well. I don't see much difference between the two and don't know of other fundamentalist groups though am sure there are many that are less 'vocal'.

I will never understand how one can justify causing suffering and pain to another human being and call it god's, allah's will? You are going to kill them to save them. If you believe that, I hope your god is merciful.

Well good luck everyone. I spent the morning praying for patience and tolerance - what did you do?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Oh sure. The TP hasn't even had a chance to pass any major world ending legislation yet.

Better point that gun toward those that have been in an unchecked political power positions before we toss Mr Smith under the train.

If all it takes is a little resistance to status quo to be accused of destroying america, then god help us if we ever REALLY need to save the republic.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I worked --in between feeling abject disgust at the House GOP and the wasted tax dollars shutting the gov.
They got nothing for it.

As a group, I see unintelligent amateurs that are flush with corporate super PAC money and are wasting it vandalizing things like children. That's one sorry Koch you've got there.

I'm telling you, before long, these corporations are going to give up on mixed nuts and start financing militias directly.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

I'm telling you, before long, these corporations are going to give up on mixed nuts and start financing militias directly.

They indeed may have to considering the RISE of the american police state. This bagging of the TP looks like that sort of political plastering, of challenging to power 3rd parties, you get in dictatorships.

Oh but it figures! You know what they say! All these progressives were at one time haters of "the status quo" and entrenched political power! Same ones that called the Democrats to much like the republicans and not radical enough.......now they are the "QUO", entrenched and heading out looking to lynch the TP!

edit on 16-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

FyreByrd

I really am not anti-christian. I just don't get fundamentalist types - oh, maybe a little as I did write a paper for a class on it once - it's easier, don't have to decide for yourself, or think for yourself, don't have any responsibity and can put blame on a (LOL) higher human source - yeap - just plain lazy. This goes for fundamentalist muslims as well. I don't see much difference between the two and don't know of other fundamentalist groups though am sure there are many that are less 'vocal'.

Yea, I don't get the sort myself. The just to plain lazy to think for themselves followers of the current Progressive Status Quo Party. Talk about some folks that don't have to decide for themselves!

Yep Daddy Fed Sugars gona take care of everything for you! The Higher Human source! The Federal Government! We WILL make sure that food stamp card system gets up and running just as soon we can!
edit on 16-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The 14th Amendment mentions insurrection.

The U.S. is (has been for decades) under attack economically.

[ Economic Insurrection foreign and domestic ]

So who enforces the 14th ?

The continued federal borrowing is the killer.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Enemies of the Constitution do not include the Tea Party supporters. The enemies of the Constitution are pretty obvious.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Tusks
Enemies of the Constitution do not include the Tea Party supporters. The enemies of the Constitution are pretty obvious.

You do speak of the one in the whitehouse, yeah?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Meh,

Not so effective political rhetoric on the part of the Democrats to
try and demonize anyone who will have the cajones to stand in their way.

Jut take a good look in to Harry Reids eyes one of these days,
make sure you have your grasp on the railing.

It is easy to spot the monsters, and they are winning.
And it aint the patriotic little grannies in the TP.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Oops,

Dreaded double post.

edit on 16-10-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So the government is responsible for sedition? What does Christianity have to do with this? It sounds like the issue here is the Constitution, and a bunch of scofflaws that have complete disregard for the law. If this debt ceiling is so darn important, why doesn't the president just raise the ceiling? Be very careful where you point your finger, you are maligning yourself with traitors and Benedict Arnolds!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

If this debt ceiling is so darn important, why doesn't the president just raise the ceiling?

The President doesn't have the single authority ?

Congress does.

All Obama does is sign the passed legislations as they exist. He can't change any, all he can do is reject by veto.

But he and his administrators can certainly impose influence.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The main enemies of the Constitution and the Republic, are Boehner, Reid, Pelosi, and McConnell. When these "representatives and senators" can put our Country through the hell they have for over 2 weeks, they have too much power.

Harry Reid held up the Senate from voting on measures because "It ain't gonna happen". Then John Boehner doesn't allow votes on measures because he wants his way. Pelosi and McConnell have a history that is less than glorious. These are the folks who have held US hostage, along with our clueless leader Obama.

Hindering a law by using threats or force, by the way, is sedition, and some have argued that the Tea Party members are guilty of this crime.
Source from OP

Have not ALL the aforementioned parties done just this? This president is still threatening to veto ANY bill that includes a proposal that all subsidies and exemptions for Congress and the president be squashed. WTF!?!

WE THE PEOPLE should demand the immediate resignations of Boehner, Pelosi, Reid, and McConnell. They should forfeit any retirement and/or benefits earned during their tenure. Impeachment of the president should begin immediately.

WE THE PEOPLE should demand these actions be undertaken, and if necessary, civil disobedience should commence across America until these idiots learn who they work for!

Everyone is ready to blame the Tea Party, but the Dem's and Repub's are who are at fault here.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Ahh, Alternet, a site so damn partisan it makes the ilk of Rachel Maddow and Glenn Beck look like goddamn moderates.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yea we're all "Taliban extremists", "anarchists" and "terrorists" till you wanna invade another country. Then the words magically turn into "hero" "patriot" and "brave men and women."

edit on 16-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

Congratulations ! Well Done. I didn't think it would be possible to use "maddow" and "beck" in the same sentence without causing some kind of Cosmic Kinipshin!
It's almost like saying "Betelgeuse" three times and disappearing down some rabbit hole and emerging someplace were your going to be tortured by DISCO all over again ! ! ! !

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The thread is based on ignorance.
Those who follow this ingorance are either blind or so ingrained in thier dogma they can not see what is clearly infront of them.
What is shown on MSM is NOT a true representation of the T-Party.
Take the veteran protest of last weekend.......
One nut job spewing rhetoric about Obama leaving town and this is 99% of the coverage the entire protest gets, well this and one fella with the "rebel flag".
This has been made into the face of the T-Party by those who are afraid that a grass roots movement may take hold in America. It threatens their way of life and they are scared as hell.

It is a sad state and I truly feel sorry for those that are so easily led astray.

edit on 16-10-2013 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Quadrivium

Those who follow this ingorance are either blind or so ingrained in thier dogma they can not see what is clearly infront of them.
One nut job spewing rhetoric about Obama leaving town and this is 99% of the coverage the entire protest gets, well this and one fella with the "rebel flag".
This has been made into the face of the T-Party by those who are afraid that a grass roots movement may take hold in America. It threatens their way of life and they are scared as hell.

It is a sad state and I truly feel sorry for those that are so easily led astray.

By all means then, educate us. What is the "True Tea Party"? What is a true "representation" of the Tea Party?

I don't honestly know - I've never met anyone who would admit to being a member or sympathizer of the Tea Party.

Some online Tea Party resources would be helpful - ones with clear writing and links to valid sources & confirmation of their stated facts.

Help me out here - I don't want to be ignorant.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

FyreByrd

Quadrivium

By all means then, educate us. What is the "True Tea Party"? What is a true "representation" of the Tea Party?

I don't honestly know - I've never met anyone who would admit to being a member or sympathizer of the Tea Party.

Some online Tea Party resources would be helpful - ones with clear writing and links to valid sources & confirmation of their stated facts.

So, you admit you don't know much about the TP yet you post this thread??
Here, educate yourself. .....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Quadrivium

FyreByrd

Quadrivium

So, you admit you don't know much about the TP yet you post this thread??
Here, educate yourself. .....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Thank you for the completely uninformative Wiki Link. Was just about Conservatism and Libertarianism. Then the Tea Party has no identity of it's own.

My comments stand of what I have seen and heard - through media - of those who identify as Tea Party. Not people I know.

And my opinion stands - enemies of the republic.

new topics

top topics

join