It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM article regarding strange rumbling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ok apologies first off I'm posting this while I'm meant to be working and I'm doing it from my phone

Also I understand there are several threads on rumbling noises but felt it needed it own thread as it may get lost in the other threads

Anyway browsing sky news there is an article saying residents in Southampton (south coast UK) have been kept away during the night on a regular basis by a low pitch frequency rumbling noise. The local council has acted on the reports due to so many complaints

So anyone in Southampton or near by that can add input feel free. Mods if this has been posted or needs to moved feel free

news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Interesting
They say it sounds like a low frequency drone.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

This sounds very much like the 'Bristol Hum', which has been blamed on 'Magnetic Fields'.

I live in Bristol and I have heard this hum. It's also a low frequency sound and can be very distracting whilst attempting to drop off to sleep. Some nights are worse than others and I haven't heard it much over the last year.

Strange!!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Could possibly be the reason. Apparently the local council are looking into it and communicating with local building work and industrial areas to establish the cause

Building work and the use of industrial machinery during the night should have curfews especially in built up areas, even my supermarket where I work has curfews due to being surrounded by houses.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You have stumbled on a real conspiracy here. The independent reports of people having this issue from 1960s and suggests a government cover up.
edit on 16-10-2013 by templar knight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Lol I don't know if you were being sarcastic at all .. I know it's been an on going thing though I was reluctant to make a new thread but decided anyway

It's odd that a lot of this hums heard are at night maybe because less noise pollution. I really don't have any ideas

I've heard the noise once, I was sitting in a friends house noticed the noise but due to we kind of live on a few flight paths passed it off as a plane. It wasn't until 10 mins or so had passed that my friend said 'wtf is that noise it sounds like a plane but it sounds like it's been over our heads for ages'

Odd .. Apologies if the thread is pointless

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The independent also suggests a cause- high pressure gas pipe. UK suffers can map their experience with a map of the pipelines

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Apologies my words were not well chosen. I was surprised to see the Independent class this as a conspiracy and genuinely suggest a government cover up. You don't read that much in the MSM.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Thanks for the knight
I believe and I have no evidence to back myself up I'm sure these noises are completely explainable or are of natural forces

top topics

join