It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US, the latest failure of the Human race.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The US. The latest failure of humanity.

Where else have we seen this? An empire that came and went. While the US is still here, its not the empire it was, nor will it ever be again. You have to be blind not to see it.

I am not emotional while I write this. I am an american through and through, though, my humanity has never stopped existing. I was always a human first and foremost. American or not, My ancestors were something else countless times, and my descendants will be countless more things. Many flags and banners will and have passed through the deepest parts of our hearts. Through the core of the people we are, many loyalties will come and go until one day we are but dust.

But today, now, I am an American. I will be so until the day I die. Loyally, Faithfully, With honor. Even if we are the last. To the end.

I look at this thing I am and what it is for a moment from the window of totality.

When one day my country is no more, as all countries today that are will come and go, My SPECIES, will be what I have always been.

I sit here contemplating everything I can fathom of my people, all that humankind is, and I see something that I know will not last.

A frenchman when french is a dead language...an asian when Asian is no longer a distinguishable race...when all that our civilization is, is no more....

what then are we?

As of now, a failed experiment.

I will speak of what I know.

I am culturally a spaniard. A people who had their empire. A rich culture brimming with passion. Evils and nobility untold that pile atrocities and virtues alike to the doors of heavens and to the gates of the depths of hell.

We spaniards have seen our great potential come and go. We are now the ass end of Europe. A vacation ground for fat germans and drunk English. Not what our nobles and kings once had planned. Not what we as a people once envisioned.

I imagine that Romans once looked on at their empire and never thought that their capital would be home to a simple nation, Italy. A people known for fatty food and aggressive male tourists. I know there is more, but everything Italy is pales in comparison to what Rome once imagined for its magnificent capital and its core people.

Americans are in such a place of mind. We had our great potential revealed to us. We were the princes of the earth. Unrivaled in power, thought, and dominance of the world. Masters of destiny.

Then we decided, like everyone before us, to just be human.

Our potential, like Rome, The UK, Alexander the greats empire, everyone, was to change human nature. To be that people of legend ....like an Atlantis, an olympos, a new eden.....

We chose dirt. Earthly dirt.

It is not reprehensible...our greatest as a species made the same mistake.

It is just sad. Lamentable.

No matter the glory, power, and greatness of a people, eventually like every single man, we die.

How many dead tongues do we know of? How many all powerful kingdoms have we learned of? Empires that ruled their visible world....all gone.

We too were scratching the very horizon, the farthest reaches our mortal eyes could see.....yet we are already dying as a people. Our enemies infest us, we make countless new enemies at every pass, they gnaw at us, we flail at them,

and like an ass swatting flies from his buttox...we are all ignorant of the winter storm approaching us , ass and flies alike.....the storm that will kill us all.

Humanity has had only a few thousand years of true civilization. A handful of great all powerful empires. We are not even close to realizing our potential. We dont necessarily have many more thousand years. Our civilization isnt the most promising. Can we really bet on even a thousand more years before it resets out of sheer survival? Another starting from scratch. One day the lights go out, and stay out for another 3000 years until we get our isht together enough to not kill each other over resources and superstitions....

The USA was that promise, like all those great empires before it. A light in the darkness of human nature. A place where the dream was becoming reality. Where men touched the feet of Gods.

Now it is a point of attack for the world. A self destructing heap of corruption, an easy enemy to hate.
The EU is a false promise. No real unity there...just a financial union that is less profitable than not.

Asia is never going to unite in a meaningful way.... too much ancient and somehow still relevant bad blood over crap from ages ago.

Africa is a joke. So much violence and petty human nature its not even necessary to list.

South America is full of impune evil that will take several hundred years to overcome (if ever), after several hundred years of drilling the subservient mentality of colonialism and entitlement into the people.

We are a mess as a species..... And honestly our greatest hope is dead. We as a world no longer would even like to mention what the US was since it is not that thing anymore.

Like finding out that a leader betrayed his people so badly that no one calls him "his highness" or "Mr president" ever again out of the sickening pain such a concept causes.

The US has betrayed and is betrayed. We are full of humans...and that is it. The earth is just a place of mortal men. No titans....

We might as well just put down our tools and walk back into the dirty caves. We would be happier considering our ambitions.

There is not men in any considerable measure who aspire to overcome human nature. Not many people who see the potential for our very species and wish to make that dream a reality. NO. We are full of petty mortal men that fear their own insignificant death and adore their little and worthless victories of ego.

Wealth, and temporal power govern our leaders. Small and non-existent are they in the grand scope of things...as such we as a people are small and non-existent. One day it will be as though we never existed...like all the forgotten great empires of the past.

Humanity has not taken a step in confidence towards immortality.

We ignorantly talk of things like transhumanism, and man made immortality while ignoring the fact that we have no way of WANTING to exist like this for ever. There is no true purpose to any great civilization we can perceive now.

Nothing we have ever been has made us want to be more. We are still animals. The US had a chance there, like so many to be the vehicle of change for the human condition. The light in the darkness.

We instead lusted for shiny things and comfort. Our leaders are but men, and as such we are not titans.

We as a species, Americans and all.....are a failure.

Let that sink in.

Maybe then we can start to actually be different- Maybe then we can address our defects. Only then will we truly have any virtues....when our chosen good is not ruined my our prefered evils.

edit on 10 16 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Americans are a lot of things ... on average they're pretty fat for example, but mostly they're just people with varying levels of awesome and suck.

Americans have just gone the way that every major civilization goes. They observed that certain things were wrong, then they took dramatic creative actions to right that wrong, then they thought the solution they came up with was sacred truth and correct tradition, so now it's impossible to change without a severe overhaul.

America isn't a 'failure' any more than 9000BC Sumeria was a failure, it's just another step on the evolution of people.

And I wouldn't be so quick to write off other nations. Think of what the planet looked like three hundred to four hundred years ago, and look at it now. In the decades to come many previously rich western nations will be populations of administrators handing work over to other countries where people have been constantly doing tech work. Some of the most talented operators I know are Indians who haven't left India! Hundred years from now who knows?

Ever seen the Matrix? Have a cookie my American friend, I promise when you're done eating it everything will be fine.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I didn't even finish reading.

You say Americas a failure, yet here is an American with the realization of our problems. I'd go more along the lines of you're a failure for not fixing the problem. Have you not recapped our less than 250 year history? Do you not know what the people before us overcame? We've made so many mistakes throughout our history yet we're still here. All we have nowadays are people on the outside voicing their opinions and it's sad to see it get to an Americans head.

The times going to come when we wake up one morning and everything we knew is gone, and we have two options as a nation: Accept things as they are, or start the rebuilding process.

I look across the Hudson and see a building in place of the two that fell 12 years ago. Many lives lost, many mistakes made after that. On that day no matter your color, your native language, your ethnicity, or your religion, us Americans all felt something similar, HOPELESSNESS. Did people sit in their beds and cry for 12 years? No, we got through it as we always will.

We already have one fat joke that's most likely from a person that has five left over fingers after counting the number of Olympics their country has won. Those fat jokes can keep coming, it doesn't stop us from winning.
edit on 16-10-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Good post FM, wish I could give you more stars.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

I am not emotional while I write this...
I disagree.

We are a mess as a species...
I disagree again.

The US has betrayed and is betrayed...
Agreed.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

First, let me say it takes a deep thinking and far seeing person to have sadness over these things, which most don't even think about. But let me also say you aren't alone.

I've seen many things in my years, and honestly this post cuts to the absolute core of pretty much every high level conspiracy on earth for the last 80 years, even to the first Thule Society conspiracies which sought to establish a eugenics norm. The thing is this: Once you fully embrace science as the explanation for reality, you are confronted with the fact that all humans are born as slaves, into a machine. That machine is evolution, and its end goal is the eradication of humanity, and its replacement with a "superior" form of life. The only final outcome is the eradication of humanity, just as the dinosaurs were eradicated. As the wise see America's bifurcation into an elite class and lower class, with different rules, they see this process in effect, already designating the winners and losers. Seeing this the wise know there's no end, even for America's elite: This machine game goes on, and todays elite will be tomorrows failures, replaced with tomorrows new creations/mutations. In the end our species could be pushed to the dustbin of history, and new forms will emerge, if the process is not checked.

What can you do? You can embrace it in different ways: Transhumanism, (where we all pick our forms) nazi-ism, anarcho capitalism (where only those good with business survive, transforming the human race) or you can fight it in various ways: Christianity, where you assert all people have value, the forms of leftism that embrace the disabled and poor. But in the end, each of us is called to make a deeply personal call, on the question of whether humanity is even worth fighting for, or if we need to be something 'better'.

I've made up my mind, I think we're good as we are. My faith is with this species. But have you? Are we profoundly flawed? The machine of nature will make us more if we are. But is that what you believe and are willing to fight for? These are questions we need to answer to ourselves, even if no one else knows our thoughts on the matter...

Peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

FidelityMusic

We already have one fat joke that's most likely from a person that has five left over fingers after counting the number of Olympics their country has won. Those fat jokes can keep coming, it doesn't stop us from winning.
edit on 16-10-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

You have a population of 300m so one would expect a few golds. However, let's normalise the numbers wrt gold medals shall we:

World population/ total 2012 gold medals = 21m

So the world average is 1 gold medal per 21m of population

China comes out at 39m , half as bad as the world average.

US comes out at 6.5m , 3 times better than the world average

UK comes out at 2.27m , 9 times better than the world average

Oh my god the skinnier brits are 3 times more successful than the US..........

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

The upcoming change in balancing powers can actually be a good thing! This can bring us all to our senses and in touch with the realities surrounding us...We also learn to appreciate what we already have and try not to be as greedy as we mostly are...The change is often good, although it might feel uncomfortable for a while,but hey,,it is not like we have left us any other choice.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

I haven't looked at the statistics fully but someone here has

www.medalspercapita.com...-per-capita:2012

It rates the USA as 49th per capita per medal for the 2012 games.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

yorkshirelad
[
UK comes out at 2.27m , 9 times better than the world average

Oh my god the skinnier brits are 3 times more successful than the US..........

UK! UK! UK!

Thats English exceptionlism for you

BTW Im jokeing.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

I didnt read your post.

I dont see how you could know what I am talking about unless you read my post. SO I see no point in even responding to what you have to say.

Everything you say is off base. It has NOTHING to do with what I am saying. I addressed the whole species as an AMERICAN.

Please be lazy on your own time. Dont think for a second that you deserve a response beyond this.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I will say this.

Not many even understand what I am talking about.

This is not even really about the US, though it is used as my point of reference since I am an American and it is what I know.

I did mention everything from the EU to the Asian continent.

This is about HUMANITY. It is a failed experiment as of now.

DEAL WITH IT.

There is no room for improvement if you think its doing great.

Carry on then...into eventual oblivion and perpetual darkness.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Humanity is not a failed experiment. Life is what one makes of it. Sounds cliche, I know.

But, oh, so true.

No one is ever going to be happy with the ways of the world. That would be an exercise in futility. Instead, live YOUR life to the absolute fullest. That will be your contribution to humanity.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I am not really talking about being happy with the world. I am talking about fulfilling our potential.

I am seeing a species capable of greatness....pumping the proverbial gas.....

We dont need a species of Einsteins....intelligence has nothing to do with it. We need a species that isnt born with an instinctual slave mind.....That goes for the elite as well as the ruled. Slaves enslaving slaves.

And yet, we are capable of seeing and thinking of so much more. It is a torment. If we will never fulfill our potential then why even have it at all? We would be happier in dirty little caves considering our ambitions.

It is infuriating when you see a smart and talented person waste his potential. The same can be said for our species, or any particular nation.

I dont believe in utopias. That is for childrens stories. I do believe in great people and the world they would choose to live in.

That is not going away.

live YOUR life to the absolute fullest. That will be your contribution to humanity.

I agree.

top topics

join