It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. Marines Find Two Hostages And Bomb Labs in Fallujah.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Two hostages have been found alive in Fallujah by U.S. Marines, along with evidence that at least another hostage had been decapitated, as well as bomb labs which contained C4 explosives, wires, and Motorola hand held radios.
One of the hostages rescued is an Iraqi and the other a Syrian, who was the driver of two French journalists. The journalists have not been found but France continues to say they are alive.

hosted.ap.org
So far U.S. troops have only found two hostages, one Iraqi and one Syrian. Marines last week found the Iraqi in a room with a black banner bearing the logo of one of Iraq's extremist groups. He was chained to the wall, shackled hand and foot in front of a video camera. The floor was covered with blood.

The hostage was in a room - inside a compound that also had AK-47 rifles, improvised bombs, fake identification cards and shoulder-fired missiles that could down an airliner. Beneath it were tunnels running under the northern Jolan neighborhood.

The Iraqi hostage, who had been beaten on the back with steel cables, said his tormentors were Syrian and that he thought he was in Syria until the Marines found him, the Marine said. Other militants came and went, but "The Syrians were always in charge," the Marine said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The insurgents seem to be taking as hostages anyone they can get their hands on, including Iraqis and other Muslim nationals.

Tunnels were also found which run to the northern Jolan neighborhood, and weapons depots were hidden and placed strategically throughout the tunnels.

The U.S. Marines also found Islamic Jihadist writings some of which said:

"I will join my friends in heaven," the will read. "Don't cry for me. Celebrate my death."

Related News Links:
hosted.ap.org
hosted.ap.org

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Okay then, I won't cry for you!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
"The Iraqi hostage, who had been beaten on the back with steel cables, said his tormentors were Syrian and that he thought he was in Syria until the Marines found him, the Marine said. Other militants came and went, but "The Syrians were always in charge," the Marine said. "

Syrian........

Very interesting. The man thought he was in Syria the whole time. This is the first piece of evidence that I have read that shows for sure there are foriegn fighters in Iraq.

I guess we have the smoking gun...... Lets invade Syria next.

Later,

Reason

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Mods,

Delete this post. Sorry i double posted.

Thanks,

Reason

[edit on 15-11-2004 by REASON]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well I never thought I would be in agreement with a terrorist but I would be more than happy to celebrate the terrorists death. He just had one little thing wrong in his quote. He won't be going to heaven. Where he went he can experience 1000 of the worst tortures done to himself over and over again.

I'm starting to think the definition of terrorist should include someone so deranged that they think they go to heaven for murder and torture. Even for the extremely religious fanatics, I don't recall hearing of any great prophets in any religion that murdered and tortured other people.

new topics

top topics

join