It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Halliburton manager pleads guilty to destroying evidence after BP's 2010 Gulf oil spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
NEW ORLEANS – A former Halliburton manager has pleaded guilty to destroying evidence after the rig explosion that spawned BP's 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Sixty-two-year-old Anthony Badalamenti of Katy, Texas, faces a maximum sentence of one year in prison and a $100,000 fine after his guilty plea Tuesday in U.S. District Court to one count of destruction of evidence. Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 21.

Badalamenti was the cementing technology director for Halliburton Energy Services, BP's contractor on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig. Prosecutors said he instructed two Halliburton employees to delete data during a post-spill review of the cement job on BP's blown-out Macondo well.

Last month, a federal judge accepted a separate plea agreement that calls for Halliburton to pay a $200,000 fine stemming from Badalamenti's conduct.
Fox News

We all knew this. Now ever one knows it.
will they be angery? I bet not, to stupid. not ats!
one year in jail! and a $200K fine?
That is stupid. people died!
and they cover'd up manslaughter.
will their be a new Full investigation? No!
I am SO angry!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
P.S. why does no one post the Real news any more?
ATS is now like CNN and not Fox news.
THEY have totally taken control of ATS.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I hear ya. I miss the good old news story here on ATS...

On topic: It wouldn't surprise me that more people end up in trouble sooner or later for the BP oil spill. That whole mess reeks of shady dealings. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

buddha

Sixty-two-year-old Anthony Badalamenti of Katy, Texas, faces a maximum sentence of one year in prison and a $100,000 fine after his guilty plea Tuesday in U.S. District Court to one count of destruction of evidence. Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 21.

Last month, a federal judge accepted a separate plea agreement that calls for Halliburton to pay a $200,000 fine stemming from Badalamenti's conduct.

I am SO angry!

This is an insult to the families that lost loved ones.
And to all the others that were affected by the disaster.
Not to mention the wild life that was destroyed and is still feeling the after affects of the oil spill.

$100,000 is nothing compared to what they make. All it is, is pocket change to them.
[Halliburton = $200,000]
Should have been in the millions of dollars!!!

And 1 year in jail, pfft....what a joke.

All that comes down to is a slap on the wrist.
Very disappointing

edit on 16-10-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It wasn't just manslaughter covered up, it was the destruction and tainting of an entire ecosystem that many in the US rely on for their food, jobs, recreation and well-being. I'm sure he will be handsomely rewarded for his company loyalty and going to extreme measures to save the company bottom line. Well, that is to say he might get a gold watch and told "good luck" on his way out the door.
Everything is expendable in the search for bigger and faster profits; people, things, the planet itself. Like a horde of locusts ravaging every living thing in it's path them moves on. Business as usual.

top topics

join