It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Man Sets Himself on Fire Near White House

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
twitchy, that picture seems to me to be a poor photoshop job.
Anyways if you think this is a good way to protest, then i guess you are free to do so. But don't come running back blaming Bush for whatever burns you get if you survive....

Where in the hell did I say that setting yourself on fire was good? LOL that is a famous photgraph FYI. The guys name was Quang Duc, and he set him self on fire to protest the Chinese occupation of Tibet. Are you so eager to debunk everything that you are ignorant of one the most famous protest events in the Vietnam war era? They didn't have phtoshop in the sixties. Hey but since you are such a photo expert, I'll post some better shots for you.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Blame Bush? Who else do we blame, Clinton?

Perhaps you didn't notice the sarcasm....... I don't think a smart person... would actually blame Bush, Clinton, or any other president or administration for getting burned by setting himself/herself on fire...
The blame rest only on himself/herself for setting themselves on fire.....

That's what i meant DG.....

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
No thanks twitchy, i don't enjoy watching and inspecting closely a picture of a man/woman setting themselves on fire, wether it is real or not. For the brief moment that i saw the photo it seemed that the fire was behind the face of the man and not on him.

BTW if you want to call ignorant every person that doesn't know every event that has happened in the world by heart, I guess you better start calling everyone, yourself included, as ignorant....

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well, dude, I don't usually spend my time trying to debunk things that I don't have a clue about, and I didn't mention anything in my post about Bush, but you not only display your ignorance of the photo, but spin my post into some kind of glorification of self-immolation. You are so ridiculously hell bent on your pro-bush garbage that you jump on any post you can, looks like you jumped the gun on that one huh? I wasn't even talking about Bush lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

These are mere attempts to change the election results by those people that didn't get their way.

Ohhh please!! attempts to change the election results???? by suicide?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
....You are so ridiculously hell bent on your pro-bush garbage that you jump on any post you can, looks like you jumped the gun on that one huh? I wasn't even talking about Bush lol.

Perhaps if you spent sometime reading the posts you are refering to,you will realize i quoted DGtempe not you,when i mentioned Bush and Clinton....

BTW...that I remember, you have spent a lot of time claiming things which you obviously had no clue about...so perhaps before you start lecturing anyone you should start with yourself.... i made a comment on what I thought about the picture...I didn't claim to be an expert and be right about it.... do notice that i said "that picture seems to me....."

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't think it is necessary to have pictures of the flaming Vietnamese Buddhist monk. A link will do.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Ohhh please!! attempts to change the election results???? by suicide?

No, by protesting and claiming all of this is Bush fault, just like every other attempt that some people keep using to try to blame Bush and the administration for everything that happens under the sun...among other things..

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Oh, brother!

Sets himself on fire in front of the white house
Shouts Alla! Alla!

Well, lets see....hmmm...
This is a protest i believe, dumb as it is, and my guess this man is NOT pro-Bush.
I came to this brilliant deduction because:

A. I'm a member of Mensa
B. I have good common horse sense
C. I blame everything on Bush

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

No, by protesting and claiming all of this is Bush fault, just like every other attempt that some people keep using to try to blame Bush and the administration for everything that happens under the sun...among other things..

That still is not "trying to change the outcome of the election". It might be to protest the out come, but I cannot believe that any of these protesters think their acts would have any remote possibility of changing the election.!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I don't think it is necessary to have pictures of the flaming Vietnamese Buddhist monk. A link will do.

On that I agree with you Grady, there is enough death and mayhem happening in the world to want to see more death, or people setting themselves on fire.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

That still is not "trying to change the outcome of the election". It might be to protest the out come, but I cannot believe that any of these protesters think their acts would have any remote possibility of changing the election.!

Frayed, when you are quoting someone please finish whatever you are quoting by puting [*/quote] without the asterisk, so we can see better what you are saying, thanks.

Anyways, perhaps you should see some of the posts that appear all over the forums of ATS, then perhaps you will see that there are people who want exactly what I said and will try to protest any way they can to try to change the outcome of the election.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I will try to post acceptable quotes, from now on, M....I checked the preview and it looked as it was supposed to, but upon the actuall posting some sort of glich occured and my addition, which did come after the quote mark, somehow ended up inside the box.....sooooo sorry. Didn't mean to detract from things.

I still say that those protests were not geared to changing the out come of the election. And I have read a lot on ATS reguarding the liking and disliking of the election outcome......I know, as does most everyone else...protesting is not trying to overthrow the outcome of the election.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by frayed1]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well he is not the first,

Isnt that sad?

Do you feel for him?

[edit on 15-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I will try to post acceptable quotes, from now on, M....
sooooo sorry. Didn't mean to detract from things.

I was just trying to point out a way to make clearer your responses. i had the same problem when i started posting in ATS and ATSNN.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
the man snapped and he is an American , I imagine.

I'm not missing the point. This person is obviously crazed and angry at the White House.

Shouting Ala, Ala, is refering to the current war on terror. what else?

Blame Bush? Who else do we blame, Clinton?

Not necessarily. Turns out you are wrong. He's a paid Yemeni informant who wants the FBI to fast-track his case. Took a temper tantrum when they didn't.
Link

Even if you were right, maybe he should blame Allah for giving the big
for murder of 'infidels'. Or if we can't bad-mouth Allah, how about blaming the terrorists that specialize in beheading, for starters?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
He is a terrorist, he burnt him self to protest. oh wait, i call everyone a terrorist i even thought my dog was one.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well he is not the first,

Isnt that sad?

Do you feel for him?

[edit on 15-11-2004 by edsinger]

Ed, you're scaring me....did you develop a soft-spot, or did you just forget your
?

It turns out that the guy was a paid Yemeni informant for the FBI. As I said in another post, now I feel really sad. Do you know how hard it is to find and keep native Yemeni informants? What a waste.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
people lighting themshelves on fire.another man jumped the fence.a few more high level people quite there jobs again.this is looking like vietnam all over again.what did we learn the last time this stuff got all screwed up?turn our heads the other way and hope it goes away.people are at there limits with all the worldly events.see what happens when freedom of speech and locking up the media is doing.welcome to mini europe.on the other hand thow i see a peace after the storm as the people will come to overload of all this fear and go back to peace and stay there.north amercia will not live like saudis.sorry bin we dont bend that way.when any religion causes so much pain to there own people or others it not classed as public peacefull assembly.peace is the word today and tomorrow we will need more peace for our very exsitence as a human race depends on it.old style governments and beliefs will not get us to mars or anywhere else we need to go to live to survive.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join