It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch just how easy it is to get your name ERASED from history....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"The good men do is of't interred with their bones"
(Shakespeare)

Maybe he should open and close an account with Rogers Wireless and they will chase him beyond the grave.
Link: video.ca.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Of course organizations remove links to people who can bring them bad PR. This is not new and has been around long before the net. They have that right. Unless you think Goverment should make a law telling you what you can and can not do with you organization.
edit on 16-10-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's things like permanent archives are awesome, like the Internet Archive. There are plenty of redundancies of the web, NOTHING, can be permanently deleted anymore so long as the cash and initiative exists to document history by independent agents.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Yes I do agree with that. It's really sad history is being deleted. They're getting rid of books as well, then we will only have digital copies that are edited. Future generations won't know.
I recall MJ saying that.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

WakingDream
It's things like permanent archives are awesome, like the Internet Archive. There are plenty of redundancies of the web, NOTHING, can be permanently deleted anymore so long as the cash and initiative exists to document history by independent agents.

Well I doubt they will go hacking into websites and deleting files, or telling the servers to get rid of a site they're hosting. They need an excuse like copywriting.

What they can do is prevent the website from being found in google, with googles help.

As far as this though, it would be the university that did it , on their own or by court order. It's an ongoing investigation and some may contain evidence that could prejudice potential jurors to either side once it goes to trial. That opens the doors to appeals

It's most likely they don't want to be affiliated with him. They have to sell places to students

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Facinating.
Do you have any tips to get your name erased from the Government alpabet agencies DHS, IRS, CIA, FBI....?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

I recently posted a thread on information available to the general public about the Nazi regime, after losing WWII. How many people think the victors actually took time to make sure a fair picture was painted, or is it more likely that a rosey picture was painted of the victors?

Tragic and desperation on the cusp of madness.

I always say the victors write the history. It never really seems to sink in when I say it. Perhaps this if nothing else can be used as a demonstration. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

VforVendettea

Facinating.
Do you have any tips to get your name erased from the Government alpabet agencies DHS, IRS, CIA, FBI....?

Every man women needs to march to the nearest NSA data center and perform a mass urination on all the hard drives.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

GArnold

Interesting Sadist and you are correct. What he allegedly did has no bearing on his previous accomplishments. You are innocent until proven guilty in this Country. A fact way too often overlooked by media and the general population. I will add the University of Florida did the same thing recently with the Aaron Hernandez situation. What ever your personal opinions are these people are guareenteed in the Constitution a presumption of innocence until they are proven guilty by a jury of thier peers. As someone else points out the winner always writes History.

I think I kinda pointed that out with the light Hitler is always painted in considering he lost WWII

Thanks for your post!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

VoidHawk
History is always written by the winners.

Bob Lazar knew what was happening, thats why he went public.

Nothing to add but regurgitation what I already said ?

Come on, put a little thought into it!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Spookybelle
Just a wise business move by the University.

Why would you want people to know that some criminal was honored at your school? It may have a negative effect on future students or their parents or it may not but as a business you try and limit your risks while maximizing your rewards wherever you can.

There is nothing to gain and more to lose by keeping your association with a criminal in the public view.

Apparently you are incapable of looking at things literally and look at the bigger picture I was painting.

Whether you agree or not with the University doing this, it simply goes to show how easily this can be done to remove someone from history.

I took pains to make my case with history's rewriting of Nazi events and timelines, etc. I believe if I remember correctly I even mentioned Hiroshima/Nagasaki in stating that the US TO THIS DAY has kept all photographs of the aftermath classified to keep the general populace from knowing what truly was the resulting carnage, and that WE did this.

Read a little more in depth, and think a little bit more about your answers. You'll thank me later, and learn a little bit more in the long run.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

AlienScience

He is bad publicity...I would erase his name from all public representation as well if I were in charge.

You don't want to really advertise that a huge criminal went to your school.

I honestly see nothing wrong with this at all...it's not like he is entitled to have his name appear on their website.

Yet again, you quickly glazed over the content of my complete post and missed the main thrust of this issue. The issue is not so much the person involved with Silk Road and whether or not you agree or disagree. The point was how easily someone CAN be ERASED from history.

Your reading comprehension score: -1000

Better luck next time.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

GArnold

Interesting Sadist and you are correct. What he allegedly did has no bearing on his previous accomplishments. You are innocent until proven guilty in this Country. A fact way too often overlooked by media and the general population. I will add the University of Florida did the same thing recently with the Aaron Hernandez situation. What ever your personal opinions are these people are guareenteed in the Constitution a presumption of innocence until they are proven guilty by a jury of thier peers. As someone else points out the winner always writes History.

Well, the point really wasn't so much about the outcome of Ulbricht's innocence or guilt, but simply how easily someone can be "erased" and have it done so relatively casually in life.

Thanks for catching that

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Why do people judge criminals like they are supposed to have some low level IQ? There are miscreants and there are criminals. Some masterminds I'd be honored to be listed at my school. Judge ye like ye be judged yourself. There is no 'real' evil, just cause and effect. What were all the circumstances leading to this?

Did he have a history of mental issues? Did he receive SSRI's? Just curious...
edit on 16-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: Wow rewrite

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

liveandlearn
reply to post by VoidHawk

Yes, and that is why Bob Lazar was erased from University records.

Anyone who doesn't believe the CIA/NSA is in control of this government has their eyes closed and mind shut.

Yeah, I think I have to agree with you 100%. I remember listening to a Coast to Coast where a guest was specifically talking about seeing that happening in a situation where he was working as a contractor to the alphabet agency in question.

Thanks for "getting" my post!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

mOjOm

Wrong, Wrong and Wrong. Oh, did I mention that I think you're wrong???

Why you ask....Really??? Why????

Maybe because it's the TRUTH and is what Really Happened.

YEAY!!!! You actually GET what I was trying to point out!!!

So many people are wrapped up in preconceived notions of guilt and right and wrong, that their vision is clouded to the REAL issue.

You rock!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Spookybelle
Just a wise business move by the University.

I'm not so sure about that. It's not like Harvard scrubbed the likes of Ted Kaczynski. Much worse crimes, and an establishment that had much more to, hypothetically, lose.

Spookybelle
There is nothing to gain and more to lose by keeping your association with a criminal in the public view.

If you see integrity, and respect for historical accuracy as "nothing", then I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.
edit on 10/16/13 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

megabogie
The Soviets were masters of this kind of move. I have a book called "The Commissar Vanishes" and it is a pictorial version of how the Soviets deleted those out of favor. Some photos start with several men and end up with just one after all the deletions. They were photoshopping/cropping way before it was cool. Unfortunately, their deletions weren't just limited to the pictures and history books. Most were eliminated for real.

YES!!!! You absolutely GET it!!!!

Excellent point about "The Commissar Vanishes" This is precisely what we are perilously close to. Editing photos, wetwork, etc.

I cannot help but see the University in question doing what they've done as the first step towards this scenario.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix
I think it's pre-mature if the guy hasn't been convicted yet and it looks like his last hearing not a trial was on Oct 9th.

What if he's innocent? I wonder in that case if he'd have a case against the school for helping to ruin his reputation.

According to the Silk Road Wikipedia article ( en.wikipedia.org...) the site was up for 2 years before it was taken down. WHY?

The government knew about the site almost from day one I can assure you. I wonder how many of those thousands of Silk Road members the government is trying to catch. They must have lots of data on the transactions.

The formerly sealed complaint revealed by the U.S. Attorney, Southern District of New York, says that, "From February 6, 2011 to July 23, 2013 there were approximately 1,229,465 transactions completed on the site. Revenue figures cited in the complaint approximated the value of the transactions over this period are equivalent to "roughly $1.2 billion (USD) in revenue and $79.8 million (USD) in commissions."

edit on 16-10-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

May I invite you to join my daughter in First Grade public school. They are working quite diligently on reading comprehension. And you have completely and utterly missed the point that I conveyed in this message. Congratulations. You are now officially lumped in with the average idiot who would sign a petition against "Di-Hydrogen Oxide".

Cheers!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

violet

OrphanApology

Maybe one day there will be a news site that works like bitcoin transactions. Where a blueprint of articles are forever stamped somewhere for all to find.

They've been taking these down or changing them so they don't work anymore

Anyways, if this man was arrested his pages would disappear as part of an investigation or done by his defence. Universities don't want to be affiliated with him.

May I invite you to join my daughter in First Grade public school. They are working quite diligently on reading comprehension. And you have completely and utterly missed the point that I conveyed in this message. Congratulations. You are now officially lumped in with the average idiot who would sign a petition against "Di-Hydrogen Oxide".

Cheers!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join