It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just wait until GRAYS ANATOMY has a PRO ObamaCare storyline!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
www.marketplace.org...

Coming soon to your favorite TV shows: plot lines about the Affordable Care Act.
Hollywood Health & Society, a program with the USC Annenberg Norman Lear Center got a $500,000 grant this week from The California Endowment to help TV writers tell better stories about the new health insurance law.
Why try to get your public health message into fictional story lines? People learn from TV," says Marty Kaplan, the director of the Norman Lear Center. "Even if they know it is fiction, even if they know if writers can make stuff up, especially in the realm of medicine and public health, if a doctor says something to a patient, people tend to think that someone has checked that, that it’s true,” Kaplan says.
Kaplan’s group works to make sure that at least some of what comes out of doctors' mouths is real, or at least real-ish. Hollywood Health & Society has worked with nearly 100 TV shows -- everything from "Mad Men" to "Desperate Housewives" to "Dr. Vegas" and "The Bold and the Beautiful." The Center has access to the megaphone that is Hollywood.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The view of a Sadist...

My take on it is this. Television is just about THE single biggest influencer of the sheeple's opinion today. See something on TV? Well, it MUST be true. And who would lie on behalf of the Gov't anways?

Now, the really sick part is...if you really and truly think about it, why is the Gov't SO desperate to sway opinion? If they have SUCH a WONDERFUL product that they are FORCING us to buy, shouldn't it really just sell itself?

Hmm, me thinks strange things are afoot.

We needed some sort of alternative to what had developed as standard health care in America under the Insurance system. What we got, is a travesty.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Doesn't really matter.

When all the figures are out and people see how much they are having to pay in real life, the fictional stories on T.V. will be forgotten.

The time is quickly rolling up when the spinsters of the left will no longer be able to weave their pretty tales. The numbers won't lie.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It is an indictment on the US system that y'all oppose Obamacare but are in favour of the Affordabel Care Act!

Even funnier to watch a few people say so on film

How does it feel to have GOP stupid infecting your country??

come to think of it that's probably a rhetorical question ion here - the evidence of ATS suggests that you're all quite happy to lose IQ points every time someone slams Obama - it seems that hating the president is more important on ATS than actually knowing what you are talking about!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Now, the really sick part is...if you really and truly think about it, why is the Gov't SO desperate to sway opinion? If they have SUCH a WONDERFUL product that they are FORCING us to buy, shouldn't it really just sell itself?

It's not like there has been a huge propaganda campaign against the ACA before it even started. Not like Fox News and Right Wing media has spent months and millions of dollars trying to convince everyone that the ACA is going to kill you.

I think it is good to use TV to get the facts out, especially since you have the Right Wing using every method they have available to spread lies about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Kaplan’s group works to make sure that at least some of what comes out of doctors' mouths is real, or at least real-ish

I wish there was a group that did the same thing for conservative radio and FOX news.

That goes for other news as well just not as much.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
It is an indictment on the US system that y'all oppose Obamacare but are in favour of the Affordabel Care Act!

Even funnier to watch a few people say so on film

How does it feel to have GOP stupid infecting your country??

come to think of it that's probably a rhetorical question ion here - the evidence of ATS suggests that you're all quite happy to lose IQ points every time someone slams Obama - it seems that hating the president is more important on ATS than actually knowing what you are talking about!

No, my dear friend, this is not the Big Bad GOP is doing it to us, this is the US GOV'T doing it to us.

I am sick and tired of people SOOO easily caught up in the charade of US vs THEM when it comes to Republicans vs Democrats. Two sides of the EXACT same coin, people. This whole Gov't shutdown because "Obama can't get his way, the GOP are being crybabys" is just one big act of drama. A charade.

Look past the veneer. Look at what we really are facing. This is a huge engine that doesn't care who it grinds up. And it's designed to make us think we have choices, but in reality it's forcing us towards the slaughter house.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well said OP. They slip this social engineering in at every chance. Mind you I Always thought Grey's anotomy, was that Roswell Autopsy??? It is ATS you know.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Spookybelle
Doesn't really matter.

When all the figures are out and people see how much they are having to pay in real life, the fictional stories on T.V. will be forgotten.

The time is quickly rolling up when the spinsters of the left will no longer be able to weave their pretty tales. The numbers won't lie.

No, you couldn't be more offbase.

Eventually, the middle of the roaders will be swayed over to the mantra of "ObamaCare is Good" or "The Affordable Health Care Act is Good"....

The simple fact of the matter is they know they're selling us a load of BS. It's all crap.

Where we had an opportunity, via lawmakers that actually gave a damned about their constituents, to actually make changes for the GOOD of all Americans, they screwed US, the pooch, instead.

It's too goddamned expensive. It's being forced down our throats, and folks who do not have standard health insurance are being FORCED to buy it at a higher cost than they would have had if their damned employers hadn't cut their frakking hours just to eliminate the coverage THEY ALREADY HAD.

So, be all "oh, nothing will happen" all you want. The average US citizen is frakking zombie. A sheep. A lemming. They'll be chanting the same tune as soon as the television programming kicks in.

And again, WHY bother with this if it is something that is ACTUALLY GOOD FOR US? Shouldn't it be something we sell ourselves on? Why force it on people who may not want it, simply because?

No, use Propaganda to do the trick.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Who cares?? Who even watches that moronic show?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The first couple of seasons were pretty good and the medical drama's contained some top-notch writing but the show quickly devolved to a spin machine for the left after it gained popularity. Whether this was done on purpose due to the writers or the producers I don't really know but it forced me to quit watching it.

I watched it to be entertained, not to have left-wing talking points rammed down my throat.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

No, my dear friend, this is not the Big Bad GOP is doing it to us, this is the US GOV'T doing it to us.

I am sick and tired of people SOOO easily caught up in the charade of US vs THEM when it comes to Republicans vs Democrats. Two sides of the EXACT same coin, people. This whole Gov't shutdown because "Obama can't get his way, the GOP are being crybabys" is just one big act of drama. A charade.

[sarcasm]

Yeah, so everyone please stop bashing the GOP and join me in bashing Obama...we need to stop being divided.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Once people start getting hit in the pocketbook they will no longer be sheep. Most people remain apathetic until it starts costing them stuff. We are living in a "gimme" society now thanks to the democrats and people expect to get stuff, not have to give it.

Once they do they will lash out at those responsible and those people are the liberals who pushed this stuff through all on their own.

No matter what happens with the ACA the democrat will get all the glory or all the blame and the way its looking now, it appears its going in a negative way, not a positive one.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

No, my dear friend,

I am glad you think I am your friend, but since I do not know you yyou are ny my friend - and I would certainly never use the adjective "dear" in regard of a complete stranger.....but nettiqute aside....

this is not the Big Bad GOP is doing it to us, this is the US GOV'T doing it to us.

Hmm....

I am sick and tired of people SOOO easily caught up in the charade of US vs THEM when it comes to Republicans vs Democrats. Two sides of the EXACT same coin, people.

so you say they ARE different right here next to saying they are the same.....

This whole Gov't shutdown because "Obama can't get his way, the GOP are being crybabys" is just one big act of drama. A charade.

Seems very real to me, and I am sure to the people out of work because of it.

It certainly looks very real when some politicians stand up and say "no Obamacare at any cost" and promptly cost people their jobs by doing so.

You may well be correct that here is some overarching direction to the whole political process.....but that doesn't make the shutdown any less real, or the idiocy of the teabaggers PUBLIC POSITION any less real.

Look past the veneer. Look at what we really are facing. This is a huge engine that doesn't care who it grinds up. And it's designed to make us think we have choices, but in reality it's forcing us towards the slaughter house.

Did you mean to say something meaningful in regard to the shutdown or the ACA or Obamacare, or even my post??

Meaningless rants like yours are pretty much exactly the problem I posted about in the first place - the mindless rhetoric.

edit on 15-10-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

or the idiocy of the teabaggers PUBLIC POSITION any less real.

And what exactly makes their position idiotic?

Is it the fiscal conservatism you have a problem with or just that you don't like the sound of their name?

There is nothing wrong with believing that the government should not spend money on certain programs because they are thought to be wasteful and its certainly no reason to label an entire group of millions as idiots.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Look them using tv to inform people about issues is nothing new. There are entire news stations that do nothing but push political agendas it is bound to spill over into other shows just like coke product placement.

anyway

These are the ones I blame for the shutdown.

We've picked out ten Republicans whose deep-seated orthodoxy, hardcore conservatism, and general idiocy mark them as the craziest of the crazy. National Review's Robert Costa says "there are 30 to 40 true hardliners," and "another group of maybe 50 to 60 members who are very much pressured by the hardliners." These guys are the hardliners of the hardliners. Unsurprisingly, we've run into many of them before link

In related news Christian delusions are driving the GOP insane
edit on 15-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

AlienScience
I think it is good to use TV to get the facts out, especially since you have the Right Wing using every method they have available to spread lies about it.

I'm absolutely not looking to be confrontational with you. But, we see things very differently.

IMHO, this is *NOT* a scenario of "Dems did this and Rep's did THAT".

This is OUR GOV'T screwed us.

I genuinely see even this whole Gov't shutdown as one big hollywood operation, but not even with the budgets, scripts, and actors that one would expect from Hollywood.

No, we get pathetic morons who haven't read the documentation of the Affordable Care Act (2500 pages) themselves. We get "public servants" who are clearly self serving and could care very very little about the problems the last two weeks have caused a fair portion of the US populace. And now, we're still getting a gov't healthcare "answer" shoved down our throats, where those that truly have little or no other options can say no.

I full well expect you not to agree with me on several points, but this is how I see this situation.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

ldyserenity

Who cares?? Who even watches that moronic show?

Oh, so you're ok with blatant propaganda being used against the US populace in general?

Don't know about you, but I don't like having rainbows and sunshine blown up my ass. I also don't like PSYOP methods used to deliver the propaganda.

Also, guess what, it's not just going to be Grays Anatomy. It'll most likely focus on hospital / healthcare shows...but I can imagine it being pervasive...across the board. Any show you watch could very well have this hidden agenda to attempt to sway you in a subliminal or coercive manner.

Sorry, I'm just not ok with that. And honestly, you're retort of "Who cares? Who even watches that moronic show?" is PRECISELY the mentality they want. A mentality of APATHY.

Enjoy your kool-aid my friend. I'm sure it'll be offered in any flavor you want, all you can drink.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

AlienScience

Yeah, so everyone please stop bashing the GOP and join me in bashing Obama...we need to stop being divided.

[/sarcasm]

I never once "bashed" Obama. I bashed his "ObamaCare". There is a difference. Perhaps you should stay after class and we can discuss it at great length until you are absolutely clear on the topic. Also, we can work on your reading comprehension while we're at it. It seems you need a bit of that in your life.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

SadistNocturne

No, my dear friend,

I am glad you think I am your friend, but since I do not know you yyou are ny my friend - and I would certainly never use the adjective "dear" in regard of a complete stranger.....but nettiqute aside....

this is not the Big Bad GOP is doing it to us, this is the US GOV'T doing it to us.

Hmm....

I am sick and tired of people SOOO easily caught up in the charade of US vs THEM when it comes to Republicans vs Democrats. Two sides of the EXACT same coin, people.

so you say they ARE different right here next to saying they are the same.....

This whole Gov't shutdown because "Obama can't get his way, the GOP are being crybabys" is just one big act of drama. A charade.

Seems very real to me, and I am sure to the people out of work because of it.

It certainly looks very real when some politicians stand up and say "no Obamacare at any cost" and promptly cost people their jobs by doing so.

You may well be correct that here is some overarching direction to the whole political process.....but that doesn't make the shutdown any less real, or the idiocy of the teabaggers PUBLIC POSITION any less real.

Did you mean to say something meaningful in regard to the shutdown or the ACA or Obamacare, or even my post??

Meaningless rants like yours are pretty much exactly the problem I posted about in the first place - the mindless rhetoric.

edit on 15-10-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

And you are obviously someone who didn't read the post, didn't actually read what I said, but rather cherry picked in a wasted effort to *try* to come up with points of contention.

The only *specific* thing I will address, is that you really should brush up on the use of, or even the meaning of sarcasm.

Something tells me I wouldn't like you very much in person, let alone call you a Dear Friend.

That was sarcasm my friend. Look it up. Learn it's intent.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Grimpachi
Look them using tv to inform people about issues is nothing new. There are entire news stations that do nothing but push political agendas it is bound to spill over into other shows just like coke product placement.

anyway

You apparently are not able to see, or ready to see the truth behind the matter. You still believe your vote matters, and that *anyone* in DC actually cares about you or listens to your concerns.

Nothing I can say will begin to get through that thick paleolithic skull of yours.

Please, go back to watching either FOX or NBC. I think they're about to have another infomercial for a SNUGGY. I'm sure you'll like their two for one deal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join