It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMMEDIATE BREAKING NEWS ! : White House Rejects 'Partisan' GOP Debt Plan

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I thought he said no short term deals?

Yeah, Mr. Oblamer says a lot things... I don't believe many of them, though.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

BenReclused
reply to post by deviant300

Every hour they don't raise the debt ceiling the US becomes more impoverished and further in debt.

They have 15 hours or so I believe to make haste action.

Kindly, explain how RAISING the dept ceiling will keep the US from becoming "more impoverished and further in debt".

See ya,
Milt

Read my post, it's even on the same page, it's long and fairly basic however but will explain how things work, you just have to abandon everything you know about savings and debt because things just don't work the same way on a macro vs micro scale. On a national level debt represents faith in the currency. Raising the debt ceiling creates more debt, which means more people are invested in the dollar being worth something. Keeping the debt ceiling where it is, or even worse defaulting will trigger hyperinflation. In reality however the government would never let it come to that. They would confiscate money Greece style to have an operating expense buffer.

National debt is a good thing, it creates stability. It's not like individual debt. Furthermore we're far from impoverished, we have one of the best debt:gdp ratios in the developed world.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Korvani
My gut feeling on this whole debacle is it's nothing more than theater to divide the masses into partisan political fighting (which is working pretty well.) and to keep the people of this country distracted with crisis that these idiots keep inventing. The job market still sucks, the economic recovery is a lie and they have to do something to keep the masses focused off those topics and keep us divided and fighting amongst ourselves instead of going after the people truly responsible for all of this mess. Republican, democrat, tea partier, libertarian......or whatever......the truth is the apple up in Washington is rotten TO THE CORE and every one of these politicians is responsible.

As with all of these primetime "Dramas" that the media floods us with, come Wednesday night, probably around 11:45pm they will "reach an agreement" and expect all of us to cheer and be happy because our leaders "solved" the debt ceiling/default/shutdown crisis for the time being until the next "emergency" arises.

It's all bad theater and the popcorn isn't that good either
but that's just my opinion....I guess we'll see come Thursday morning.

House and Senate approved last-minute legislation ending a disruptive 16-day government shutdown

Are people still falling for this?....

Surprise! Maybe I can start making doomsday predictions too
It's all part of the plan.....
Hopefully after this latest fiasco the people in this country will start to wake up and start doing something for some real change from these charlatans in Washington. Either that or America, with it's amazingly short attention span will "forget" about this and be shocked in January when we are right back in the same spot....
edit on 17-10-2013 by Korvani because: forgot the article

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Korvani

I'd like to think that most of a nation wouldn't forget but the reality is that it will be, at least till the next big breakdown happens and the two parties act like they're play a game of chicken with each other again.

A lot of people are still waiting on what is called the "first shot fired" not wanting to move till they are given solid reason. We're never going to hear that shot we've become deaf from all the double speak.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

I agree and share the same hope that the people will not forget this time. I also, unfortunately, agree with you on the fact that the majority of people have become "deaf" to the world around them and I think it's largely due to the bad dramas like the debt ceiling that was fabricated and played across all forms of media outlets and it drowns out the other "noise" people should be paying attention to.

The hyped crisis like the shutdown, or the overly exposed senselessness (I don't think that's a word
) of some singer "twerking" her way across a stage, or any of the primetime distractions across the netowrks; they all work for one purpose to keep the population of this country distracted and divided so that we never come together on a common ground and force real change.

Your "first shot fired" reference was a great one in that you were dead on that most of the people will "miss it" because when it DOES happen it will a) not be covered except on "fringe" sources like this, b) if it does get any airtime some "expert" will play it down and get the people to shrug it off as no big deal, c) if that doesn't work, then a NEW crisis will emerge (The Polar Bears in Antarctica have WMDs....and we must intervene for help save the penguins.)

I think the TV/media is the most powerful weapon/prison ever invented....... and they sure know how to use it! It keeps people blissfully ignorant, tells us what we "need" to be "happy" and there's always a calm "authority figure" to debunk all the "Scary stuff" and get everyone back on track.....
edit on 17-10-2013 by Korvani because: I made a misquote

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hahahaha it's hilarious how everybody got wet with excitement over a potential US default.

Sorry chaps you have all been played again..... when will you learn that the game is to keep you distracted in any way possible.

Silly humans arguing semantics. Lol

(post by Hydrawolf removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join