It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMMEDIATE BREAKING NEWS ! : White House Rejects 'Partisan' GOP Debt Plan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

I really don't understand your point here. The video you posted was a fox news clip and it was out of context(cut off half her sentence and in the middle of her talking point) How did her saying that change the nation exactly?
You realize that a big concern about healthcare in this country is the uncontrollable providers that increase premiums every year, and that they can refuse coverage to people with preexisting conditions. well not anymore. In the long run it should be cheaper.
Honestly i don't get what your going for.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

How has it been shoved down peoples throat?

I'm sure you don't, but I consider passing a bill that that wasn't read, and FULLY UNDERSTOOD, shoving crap "down peoples throat".

Obama hasn't hid what this healthcare act is

Calling "Obamacare" a "healthcare act" IS hiding the truth. "Obamacare" is only a government mandated health insurance scam!

Remember this was actually mitt romanys idea from the 90s

If so, I'm sure that you won't have any trouble explaining the similarities. Have at it, I'll be waiting.

So now they are using this shutdown as a way to get what they want.

Mr. Oblamer, and the Democrats, are doing the same. Are you, really, so blindly in love that you can't see that?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I feel silly for responding to you now, you do play the troll well.
Well done.

edit on 15-10-2013 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Tsu322
Be careful, it's likely they are all on the same side anyway. I think it is another divide and conquer tactic.

They are not fighting amongst themselves, it is the followers that are fighting each other.

edit on 15102013 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

Most people don't see it, because they're hypnotized by the Magician's hands.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Yes...just amazing...

The House comes up with a "plan" that they can't even get their own GOP majority to support...aka...literally ZERO chance of ever even passing the House of Representatives...

The President responds with...What the hell???...While the Senate assembles a bi-partisan plan that both parties in the Senate support, plus the President AND most GOP in the house support....if Boehner ever lets them vote.

And the right wing spin is ...

"President rejects GOP Debt Plan"

No...it is not a "GOP" debt Plan ...they don't even have the GOP votes to pass it in the House where the GOP have a Majority! They don't have GOP support for it in the Senate...so what is it?

It is play-acting...while our economy is having a Heart Attack!

edit on 15-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

I feel silly for responding to you now, you do play the troll well.

You should "feel silly"! There's a rather conspicuous warning in my signature that says:
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FEED THE OLD TROLL ANY BS!

I reckon you missed it though...

Well done.

Thank you. To show my gratitude, I put a star on that post.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

White House Rejects 'Partisan' GOP Debt Plan

Of course it does, it was never going to be any other way. Pre-shutdown politics manoeuvred both parties into corners they could not relinquish without being seen as champions of the people's finances, but it hasn't transpired, the deadlock is still in place. Default will happen, because to be honest, I think the financial elite may well believe it to be the lesser of the evils having to deal with.

Right now the GOP are dangling like puppets, and are probably realising what losers they are going to be. Obama can take it to default and he won't have to carry the blame, the GOP manoeuvred themselves into the position of blame. With every passing day the GOP are looking more and more like dinosaurs and completely out of touch with the modern world. They are presenting themselves as utterly selfish and insular, and only out for themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Am I right by saying they have untill midnight tomorrow to sort this out or is it might Thursday that they are screwed.

maybe they/we don't have until then...maybe China, Russia, india, the middle eastern oil countries have already made a deal to change the "GAME".... this overconfidence is so insane, as if everything will revert to some type of "NORMAL"....this is going to cost the U.S. government billions in higher borrowing interest rates for a long time...don't think so?....go back in history, it's all there in black and white.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Bixxi3
If the GOP really cared. Then they would stop using this government shutdown which they caused as a bargaining chip to change obamacare.

I find it interesting when people want to blame one side while ignoring the other side who did the same thing.

In case you missed the Tea Party was not alone in rejecting. 9 Democrats joined the Tea Party for the vote while 12 Republicans joined the Democrats in the vote.

The Democrats need to actually read the Constitution before they open their mouths..

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Bixxi3
reply to post by matafuchs

I really don't understand your point here. The video you posted was a fox news clip and it was out of context(cut off half her sentence and in the middle of her talking point) How did her saying that change the nation exactly?
You realize that a big concern about healthcare in this country is the uncontrollable providers that increase premiums every year, and that they can refuse coverage to people with preexisting conditions. well not anymore. In the long run it should be cheaper.
Honestly i don't get what your going for.

It is not just a Fox News clip that was created out of thin air. It may have been reported there and it should have. It DID change everything because it is voted on by these idiots and was NOT read. Take Fox News out of it and she still said it. I do not understand why people think if they say Fox news it discredits what the person is saying. I also posted the full part of that video and it is all bs...

I do know the big concern and PPACA did NOTHING to control premiums and actually increased deductibles AND premiums across the board especially if you wanted to keep the same type of coverage you have now. Sure you can have something similar but it will cost more. They know how much to charge based on your W2 from last year... I can ask you if you understand because clearly by your statements you do not.

Because the PPACA wanted to allow any pre-existing condition Health Care Providers used this as an excuse to 'raise' premiums. Nothing was reduced. This happened with PPACA plans as well as private insurance. I know this for a fact as I am a consultant in this industry and have had to work with companies to try to figure this garbage out.

Take pre-existing conditions out and did you know that a poor credit score and make you ineligible for coverage by some lower cost.lower deductible plans or cause a higher premium they cannot afford so it is cheaper to opt out. So, those people out there who could not pay their bills, charged up debt to cover there conditions and now have poor credit will be rejected on the basis of a credit score or will be charged more??? Where is the fairness in this?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Xcathdra

Bixxi3
If the GOP really cared. Then they would stop using this government shutdown which they caused as a bargaining chip to change obamacare.

I find it interesting when people want to blame one side while ignoring the other side who did the same thing.

In case you missed the Tea Party was not alone in rejecting. 9 Democrats joined the Tea Party for the vote while 12 Republicans joined the Democrats in the vote.

The Democrats need to actually read the Constitution before they open their mouths..

really?? that's your answer to this entire debt ceiling disaster?? ......go read the constitution???...every government in the world has warned against this, wall street has warned against this, most republicans have warned against doing this, china wants to "DE-AMERICANIZE THE WORLD" our enemies in the middle east would love to see an economic collape of the U.S......and your answer is... "the democrats should shut up and read the constitution" ??????????...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Bixxi3

matafuchs
The Tea Party? The Tea Party? When did they become so powerful? They are entering the fray here as a scapegoat.
FlyersFan
Yes ... seriously lame. Reminds me of 'Animal Farm'. Napoleon (Obama) keeps telling the animal slaves that Sno-Ball (Tea Party) is the reason for their misery.

My first post had this link. NYTimes A Federal Budget Crisis Months in the Planning

camaro68ss
The government brings in something like 300 billion dollars a month in tax revenue. Our interest on the debt is only 30 billion dollars a month. It can be prioritized. Its all fear mongering.

So you talk about fear mongering...

camaro68ss
Obama wants to be the POTUS when the SHTF so he can be safe and sound 150 feet underground with a decade worth of food supply.

camaro68ss
Im going to paint it mat black road warrior style, pick myself up an attack dog and hit the road looking for the next tank of gas with my sawed off shot gun and leather chaps and jacket. lol

Yet you seem to think this is going to bring about a mad max style america?

teslahowitzer
reply to post by Bixxi3

The glorious great one will not budge on-

1. 4/23 Senator Reid requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Toomey blocked.
2. 5/6 Senator Reid requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Cruz blocked.
3. 5/7 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator McConnell blocked.
4. 5/8 Senator Warner asked unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator McConnell blocked.
5. 5/9 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator McConnell blocked.
6. 5/14 Senator Warner asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator McConnell blocked.
7. 5/15 Senator Wyden asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator McConnell blocked.
8. 5/16 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Lee blocked.
9. 5/21 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Paul blocked.
10. 5/22 Senator Kaine asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Rubio blocked.
11. 5/23 Senator McCaskill asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Lee blocked.
12. 6/4 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Rubio blocked.
13. 6/12 Senator Kaine asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Lee blocked.
14. 6/19 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Toomey blocked.
15. 6/26 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Cruz blocked. 16. 7/11 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Marco Rubio blocked.
17. 7/17 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Mike Lee blocked.
18. 8/1 Senator Durbin requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Marco Rubio blocked.
19. 10/2 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Toomey blocked.Source

BenReclused
reply to post by Bixxi3

Haven't you been following what has been going on?

Yep! I sure have! If the the Democrats hadn't forced "Obamacare" down the throats of US citizens, the government, most likely, wouldn't be "shut down" at this time.

How has it been shoved down peoples throat? Obama hasn't hid what this healthcare act is (Remember this was actually mitt romanys idea from the 90s) we knew about before he was first elected in '08 He got re-elected and the repubs failed to stop it. So now they are using this shutdown as a way to get what they want.

I actually feel Obama is going to default us unconstitutionally so he can get his “fundamental change” in America.

I think this debt ceiling default is the false flag attack. They could not throw this world into ww3 via Syria so they will do it via economic collapse.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Government = Hijacked!!

Simple as that.

Conflict of interests can't even describe this...

Like New World Order can...

Biden: The 'affirmative task' before us is to 'create a new world order'
www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1AMYHHAXhI
www.youtube.com...

Is this a Bi-Partisan New World Order like Bush's??

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

amraks
What would happen if this dragged onto next year?

Star. That could present a problem to any voters' solution... with our attention span and memory retention, I could hope for all our sakes they October surprise us with normalcy about three days before the mid-terms.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is the "PLAN" the OP suggests that Pres.Obama rejected...READ CAREFULLY...then answer me this...WHAT PLAN????

Republicans intended to vote on their plan Tuesday evening, but that was thrown into flux 15 days into a government shutdown and just two days before the U.S. government reaches its debt ceiling.

Drastic tactics are being considered in House Speaker John Boehner, Majority Leader Eric Cantor and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy’s world: there’s discussion of voting on their bill and, if it passes, leaving town — a bid to try to force the Senate’s hand.

Standing adjacent to the House floor, POLITICO asked Boehner if his plan would pass. Boehner retorted by asking is “what” going to pass, signaling the plan was in flux.

Some top Republican aides and lawmakers say Boehner (R-Ohio) will put the bill on the floor even if it fails. Allowing a bill to go down on the House floor would be an attempt to show House Republicans that they do not have the support they need to pass their own bill.

www.politico.com...

These Effen Clowns have no business being anywhere near DC...

The GOP Options now are raise the debt ceiling or don't, but either way they have lost the public and their financial backers.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Bixxi3

The GOP didn't shut anything down. Obama did. Last time I thought about it anyhow. If Obama wants to shut the government down and keep it shutdown with veto that's his prerogative. The GOP is doing what they do. Making legislation. No one can do anything but Obama. The MSM is even going along with his lies and propaganda. Almost as if all this were planned.

Leave it shutdown. FOR DECADES!

That's how I feel about it and that's what I think about Obama and his fake Obummercare. We already had it it was called Medicaid and Medicare. Not buying the BS anymore this is completely 100% Obama's fault. Its like its some kind of gambling chip. Well he can stick it right up his rear end because I could care less.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Bixxi3

And if Obama really cared, he'd give a little on Obamacare to keep the government running.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

camaro68ss
its let the government defalt now or 5 year from now with more pain. I pick now.

Obama wants to be the POTUS when the SHTF so he can be safe and sound 150 feet underground with a decade worth of food supply.

The government doesn't have to default period. They can keep increasing the debt ceiling till the masters decide otherwise. I think the masters have decided its time for a partial default and multiple downgrades in credit, probably from AA to BBB or worst.

And both D and R fools have picked sides and are stubbornly defending their side. ACA is the proverbial perfect storm to default on. Some people never learn to see the trees as a forest and forever and ever see individual trees.

The people that are going to be affected the most are the sick and elderly that relly on government payments to carry on their lifes. Those that can scrounge a living will continue to do so.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Reading this thread is like talking to fans of WWE. Its all fake as fake can be, yet people love to pick a side and root for who they think will "win"

When will you realize its all fake? When will you realize they are all just actors, acting out a pre-planned script? All of the hits, slams, chairs being broken over each other's back, its all for show. Nothing more than an elaborate display to get the "fans" excited and cheering.

DC

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

IMMEDIATE BREAKING NEWS ! : White House Rejects 'Partisan' GOP Debt Plan
I guess that the time has come for the power to go in the hands of the people as once was,but till there still may be a long road,the only good thing is that road can be shortened ,if they will stand united,as it use to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join