It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Live "hobbit" living in oregon woods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

He lived in a string of rustic dwellings—a cabin, an old flophouse, even a tepee—before building the tree-covered Hobbit hole out of mostly found materials in Joseph, Oregon.
Now, twenty years after seeing the light in simple living, Price is still in his 8-foot dwelling in the ground.
In the carpeted, wood-lined circular room, Price has everything he needs. There appears to be electricity in his hobbit hole and a hot plate for cooking. Though it barely seems to fit, a cushion rolls.

Who want to live like that..?

*op note : read full article and the comment on the link then you will know why they and maybe you call he a bad hobbit..but i bring this thread to get a positive from this article..such as how to do a simple live, how to survive a live with minimum cost etc..have a nice day all..
Link: www.dailymail.co.uk...^mostread

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Sounds more like a rabbit than a hobbit. Is that Beezzer.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I see a toilet roll, where does he poop?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm jealous of this guy, away from everything, in the arms of Mother Nature.

awesome.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

rickymouse
Sounds more like a rabbit than a hobbit. Is that Beezzer.

Haha rabbit live inthe hole sir..
Anw what is Bezzer?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Wide-Eyes
reply to post by cheesy

I see a toilet roll, where does he poop?

He in a wood sir can pooooop anywhere..haha
No no my bad..maybe in the river nearby..

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Very nice!! If I wasn't so scared of trees I would make this my place to dream.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
He is probably running a -15% carbon footprint, ergo burning off any negative karma/attachment. |'d opine he is well above average in intelligence and health, with a minimum of machines he is also probably loaded w/negative ions.

| envy Him.

Now go away.

namaste
edit on 09/03/2013 by LewisStulePhD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think that is pretty awesome....

We used to have people living in caves out in the countryside not far from where I live now, but they were all rehoused into normal homes around the early fifties due to redevelopment in the town. Some of the caves have been restored to look more like houses by the National Trust...

Here are the links...
www.nationaltrust.org.uk...
www.flickr.com...

I love caves though and would love to give it a go, although I would miss putting my beer in the fridge and keeping ice for the vodka....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
| didn't EDIT the above post although | wanted to and got redirected? Kinda odd?

If | can talk SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) into it, if 'Merica continues to circle the drain, | plan on moving to Uruguay and building a pyramid to live in, powering the whole deal.

This is in Oregon, it gets cold in Oregon. |'m ALL for living w/Mom Nature but not freezing my tail off to do it. This looks as if it is summer and he just got done w/some good Oregon uh Microbrew.

If | could | would award 'Tree Guy' a Star, My first ATS™ Star...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Sniffcrisps, Fish, United Kingdom, 8 hours ago
Hang him!

Gotta love the comments section of the Daily Mail.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Imagine the size of the toilet bowl...probably small than a gallon ice cream bucket.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Who in their right mind would spend their lifetime paying for a building they never get to spend time in because they are always working?

Why would you spend the majority of your life slaving for something you die and the bank gets back to resell? Working to pay a mortgage is one of the most idiotic things I have ever seen. I LOVE these reverse mortgages too. Make sure the offspring you leave on this planet get nothing!

I saw this retarded cycle when I was very young. I own my house and I own my car. I do wtf ever I want to do. I seriously doubt even 0.05 percentile of ATS can say the same. I will never make a payment on any loan for anything!
edit on 15-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

denyego26

What is it about trees that scare you?

Trees are awesome.

Id live in one if i could.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I respect them very much but their quietness kills me... It's like a giant looking down, staring... It is their sole presence that disturbs me.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, I supposed most men married with 2 small children would find life much simpler and less costly if they were to up and leave without supporting them. I have to infer that since no mention is made of him working regular jobs or of the family he left behind.
I wondered about how he handles winter, turns out he goes to Hawaii and surfs from November til April. Oh the suffering and privation!
7 months in a hole in the ground and 5 in tropical paradise. I have to wonder how he affords to stay there as cost of living isn't cheap. My guess is he camps out in some National park where rangers won't find him or couch surfs with friends.
I don't disagree with a simpler lifestyle or living economically but I can't make excuse bailing on his wife and kids either.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
...7 months in a hole in the ground and 5 in tropical paradise...

I'll drink to that..

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Just a thought, but how much do you think he would make selling this story to the papers?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

HippyAIDS
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Just a thought, but how much do you think he would make selling this story to the papers?

Depends on the circulation of the paper, I have no idea what the scale for writers is these days. I was married with 2 young kids when my wife and I split up. Met the girl of my dreams but basically had to give up on her to support my sons. That's all I did for the next 10 years so maybe there's a touch of envy in my earlier response.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Biigs

denyego26

What is it about trees that scare you?

Trees are awesome.

Id live in one if i could.

Trees are the leading cause of forest fires.

Look it up!

:p

And no, it's not me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join