It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You won't BELIEVE THIS VIDEO....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Okay I'm browsing Youtube and I find this crazy crazy docu-drama.... You have to check this out...

I'm not sure if this is real or staged. I don't even really want to know. But it was a pretty powerful and moving sort of show. Really gets you thinking. Just very very interesting to say the least.

A summary is they trick a guy into believing he's in an apocalypic scenario to see how he'll react and see if he can step up in the face of parell. Tell me what you think???

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Derren Brown is a very clever man and is very good at messing with peoples minds.

A lot of his stuff is very convincing but I think at some point the subject clicked on, judging by some of his reactions, or lack of.

You have to remember that the subject readily applied to be on a Derren Brown show and that one of the conditions is that you will not be told if you were selected or not so you would always be on the look out for it.

Great show though. I recommend watching through some of his other clips.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Derren is a an exceptional mentalist, his shows on religion and faith are worth watching too. Also the one where he get's someone to shoot Stephen Fry, the man scares me to death but the suggestions he can put into peoples minds are amazing. He's a common face on UK TV.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I saw this on the Derren Brown show, it was very well done and worked really well and all involved were totally taken in by the end of the world prank.....

Derren Brown puts a great deal of time and effort into his shows and the outcomes are pretty remarkable I think...

One of the best programmes I saw of Derren Brown was when he hypnotised a guy in a photo booth in the UK, and then sent him to sleep. When he was asleep, he was then put onto an airplane and flown over 1,400 miles to Morocco along with the photo booth. When they got to Morocco they then set the photo booth up in the middle of a market square in Marrakesh and placed the guy back inside the photo booth, and then they woke him up again....

Have a look at the video below for the outcome when he awakes again and has no clue where he is....

CX

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I watched and enjoyed that show....i'm just amazed that no-one got hurt in it.If that had been some of the people i know, first thing they'd have done is got tooled up and done a Walking Dead on the cast!

CX.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
My good lady is a big fan of DB, and his seen his live shows, however he has been flagged for using actors.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Not helpful to your thread OP, I apologise, but Derren Brown must be the only person on earth that makes me want to slap his chops.....sorry, but he annoys the hell out of me....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I saw this when it was on TV.

Afterwards I read a newspaper article about how the guy was fresh out of acting school.

However Derren Brown claims he chose this guy because he was suggestible enough to be hypnotized. And he hit back at the "staged" rumours by making a youtube video with the guy afterwards to clear it all up.

Believe what you will...fake or real I watched this and it was great TV

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I don't think it's right playing with people's mind's like that. I saw one I think it was with zombies and the poor man involved looked absolutely terrified. I think it is wrong. Sorry if it's classed as entertainment, but it doesn't entertain me one iota. In fact I nearly cried, I thought it was awful to do that to someone.

They might be all smiley afterwards and the guy has got his reality back, but surely the long term mental implications far out way the hours viewing on the tv.

hx

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I've heard from people who've worked on his show that people are involved well beyond what they portray on the telly.

They play it up because otherwise they wouldn't be on the telly.

All of these guys irk me. as if people are actually as easily fooled as he leads us to believe. like the one where he convinced the guy he'd killed someone while blacked out.

Oo

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I hope that you are right winofiend ... I just don't think it is very nice.

One I saw involved a group of ladies who were going to visit a clairvoyant. DB was the clairvoyant and it was to prove the power of suggestion. Of course he read them all like a book and spoilt it for them that there was no such thing as the other side. I have said this before on ATS though, there are those out there that seem hell bent on destroying peoples belief system. Whether true or not anyone going to visit a medium is looking for some comfort. I did when I was younger, when my Mum died.

check out humanists

hx

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I watched this when it aired a while back and enjoyed the first half but then all the papers labelled it a fake and all scripted and planned with the guy who was meant to be hypnotized was actually in on it all along. i then watched the second half but not as a cool trick on the mind but as a scripted and fake reality TV show like Jersey Shore and all the other shows that claim to be REALITY when they're not.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Ukania
Derren is a an exceptional mentalist, his shows on religion and faith are worth watching too. Also the one where he get's someone to shoot Stephen Fry, the man scares me to death but the suggestions he can put into peoples minds are amazing. He's a common face on UK TV.

Yeah....I thought the mk ultra episode was awesome !
Made me realise that it MUST go on in real life !

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Me thinks Stephen Fry is a humanist and Derren Brown.

The plot thickens... hx

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

angelchemuel
Not helpful to your thread OP, I apologise, but Derren Brown must be the only person on earth that makes me want to slap his chops.....sorry, but he annoys the hell out of me....

Rainbows
Jane

He had a limited run here in states and it was awesome to see what he can do. You got the feeling their were actors involved in some of them. There are many great hypnotist in the states, some that are great students of the art and of illusion. Oh there is one guy that debunks some of them and tells the secrets, I wish I could remember his name, sorry.

Many claim it is impossible to make someone kill another. I think it is, but not in the amount of time he does it on the show. It would take many deep sessions and allot of time.

I have seen hypnotist show in person and watched friends and loved ones get put under and do stupid things. It is amazing to see, I was not chosen and still believe I would not go under lol. Certainly would not want to run around clucking and scratching like a chicken lol.

Oh and love your avatar, note, raising a rainbow Jane lol...

The Bot

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

After only three minutes in I must reply.

Holy crap ! This is going to be wild !

Thru no. 1 And I was right.

The possibilities are immense. This could be done a large swath of
a population.

Thru No 2
My wife says they should've had Leona, Danny and Ian standing there
when Steven was sent in to the living room.

I'm beginning to think she may qualify as a subject.

Very enjoyable actually. SnF and thank you OP !
edit on 15-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
He's well-known on British telly, has been for years.

Started off on prime time BBC1, now relegated to digital channels, so the public are a tad jaded with him.

WARNING: Take with a large pinch of salt.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The only minds Derrin Brown is messing with are the minds of his gullible viewers.
The “actors” are obviously in on the pranks and are active participants.
IMHO

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

The status quo might be gullible, but I am not lol

Whether it is fact or fiction is either here nor there. But it is the overall mass brainwashing and convincing us that all this trickery can lead to us believing in something that is not real, but it is concerns me.

the humanists are serious people.

hx

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Thanks for this! I really enjoyed it especially during these times, we need to remember what matters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join