It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fate of World At Stake Unless Americans Agree to Take On More Debt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Such hyperbole.

What exactly is this doom we are all destined to suffer on a global scale?

Nations have gone completely bankrupt before and survived. It's not like Japan ceases to exist and they've gone through economic hell several times over. Didnt Finlands economy completely vanish overnight only a couple of years ago? It's still there, right? Are all the Finns devolving into cannibal, dirt worshiping neanderthals?

Seems if the entire globe were to go bankrupt there would be even less difficulty as far as individual nations are concerned.

The S hits the fan with alarming regularity and the world keeps on keepin' on.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere
Such hyperbole.

What exactly is this doom we are all destined to suffer on a global scale?

Nations have gone completely bankrupt before and survived. It's not like Japan ceases to exist and they've gone through economic hell several times over. Didnt Finlands economy completely vanish overnight only a couple of years ago? It's still there, right? Are all the Finns devolving into cannibal, dirt worshiping neanderthals?

Seems if the entire globe were to go bankrupt there would be even less difficulty as far as individual nations are concerned.

The S hits the fan with alarming regularity and the world keeps on keepin' on.

I agree completely.
But the point of my post was show Sebellius and the IMF do not see it that way apparently.
Many who have responded here only responded to the threads title and not the actual points I was making.
They read the title...ignored my post...then flipped out.

-Amitaba-
edit on 15-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 15-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

new topics

<< 1   >>

join