It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Hanks: ‘Four more years’ for Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
maybe the reason for making captain philips is a telling of him being replaced with a robot? watch i bet tom hanks will be in a remake of indiana jones and the last crusade enacted entirely by dogs

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I voted third party so I hold no blame. Everyone needs to step up and vote third partt for real change. And recall all congressmen.

Hopefully this latest US political fiasco will wake up some of the sleeping population to follow suit and vote a 3rd party across the board. That would hopefully nip this idea in the bud in regard to any 3rd presidential term.

Quite frankly though, the way things stand right now we may not even get to that point. Or if we do the US will have already been kneecapped by both the congress and the administration.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Did you notice who Obama threatened when he wasn't getting his way on raising the debt ceiling?

He threatened to not pay: Social Security Retirees, Military Retirees, Social Security, Disability and Federal Retirees.

Now let this sink in really good... Think, ponder, is that the way it really works?

He did not threaten to take frivolous benefits such as Internet access away from violent inmates. He did not offer to fire some of the thousands of unnecessary federal employees that he directed to be hired; 16,200 for the IRS and Obamacare comes to mind. He did not offer to cut down on his or his wife's frivolous gallivanting around. $20+ Million already spent on family vacations. (One Million on a FL golf outing).

All on our tax money...why not?

He did not threaten to not pay the senators and representatives or any of their staff by executive decree. He did not threaten to take benefits away from welfare recipients or to stop the free cell phones they get. He did not threaten the food stamp programs. He did not threaten to reduce payments in foreign aid. He did not threaten to cut back on anything that involves his base voters. No doubt others who care about this charade can come up with other cuts that would have actually meant more to the nation's bottom line... We will only default if he wants us to...Only 20% of our tax receipts we receive every month would cover the interest on the nation's debt is what I have read from several sources.

The list could go on and on. He is in full political mode but I doubt even he can get another shot in 2016 so why all the grandstanding?
An old video but the last few moments speak of a time I remember and wish the country could return to.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Mr. Hanks will get his wish. The next president will carry on the same agenda, just as the the current one carried on the agenda of the last.

But I still think Tom Hanks is a first rate actor, just like I think Barbara Streisand is a first rate singer. Just because I disagree with someone's political position doesn't mean I can't recognize and respect their talent.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Every vote for Obama in 2016 is one less vote for Hillary Clinton.

Go Obama!

(-This post has been brought to you by the Committee to Elect Dr. Ben Carson. He'll piss off BOTH sides!)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
OH stop it can't you?

Don't you realize that Tom Hanks, prior to being a serious actor,,,,,,,, was a comedian?????
Don't you realize that Tom Hanks has hosted SNL a billion times?????
Don't you realize that TOM HANKS WAS JOKING?????????????

No you don't? WHY?

Look at the list of replies here of posters who are swearing off Tom Hanks movies forever. Ridiculous. He was joking. Look at the people here calling him names. Ridiculous.

So why? After infinity posted it earlier. This is a conservative BANDWAGON thread.
More like a pet shop to me. Pet shop???
Yeah pet shop. Hear all the parrots?
Akk bad Obama, akk stupid Hanks akk

He was joking. And who printed the first article about this joke. Check out the OPs link.
The Washington Times.
And what did it say? It said that Hanks might have not been joking. And all you folk fell for it hook line and sinker. HOOK LINE AND SINKER.

Don't you know about the Washington TIMES????????? Bought by Sun Myung Moon and the Unification Church decades ago. Why? To influence the American public. To influence and poison the minds of the American public. Why?

Because the Unification Church believes that Moon was (he's dead now) the Second Coming of Jesus.
And that the mission of his followers is to pave the way for his philosophy and religion to rule the world.
To that end, lying and poisoning the public information pool is a good ting to do. So they bought the Washington Times, hired a whole bunch of press people that were in concert with portions of Moons political stances.

Tom Hanks was joking.
The MOONIE PRESS MACHINE SAID HE WAS SERIOUS.
And all you folk climbed on the Bandwagon.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

TerryMcGuire
OH stop it can't you?

Don't you realize that Tom Hanks, prior to being a serious actor,,,,,,,, was a comedian?????
Don't you realize that Tom Hanks has hosted SNL a billion times?????
Don't you realize that TOM HANKS WAS JOKING?????????????

No you don't? WHY?

Look at the list of replies here of posters who are swearing off Tom Hanks movies forever. Ridiculous. He was joking. Look at the people here calling him names. Ridiculous.

So why? After infinity posted it earlier. This is a conservative BANDWAGON thread.
More like a pet shop to me. Pet shop???
Yeah pet shop. Hear all the parrots?
Akk bad Obama, akk stupid Hanks akk

He was joking. And who printed the first article about this joke. Check out the OPs link.
The Washington Times.
And what did it say? It said that Hanks might have not been joking. And all you folk fell for it hook line and sinker. HOOK LINE AND SINKER.

Don't you know about the Washington TIMES????????? Bought by Sun Myung Moon and the Unification Church decades ago. Why? To influence the American public. To influence and poison the minds of the American public. Why?

Because the Unification Church believes that Moon was (he's dead now) the Second Coming of Jesus.
And that the mission of his followers is to pave the way for his philosophy and religion to rule the world.
To that end, lying and poisoning the public information pool is a good ting to do. So they bought the Washington Times, hired a whole bunch of press people that were in concert with portions of Moons political stances.

Tom Hanks was joking.
The MOONIE PRESS MACHINE SAID HE WAS SERIOUS.
And all you folk climbed on the Bandwagon.

(they got to you, didn't they. post once for yes, twice for no)
edit on 14-10-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

beezzer

Go Obama!

(-This post has been brought to you by the Committee to Elect Dr. Ben Carson. He'll piss off BOTH sides!)

Piss people off or make them wonder why you would want an extreme homophobe as president.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I sure hope everyone here realizes you are joking Beez. Next thing you know you might be black balled around here.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I said in the original post that I suspected Obama would try to give a 3rd term a go. I also noted that the subtle propaganda would increase over time and time will tell.

That said a quick search of "Obama 3rd term" on Google provided 26,600,000 links. Somebody is talking about it.

Obama stated:
“I would put [my administration] up against any prior administration since FDR,” Obama said. “We didn’t ask for the challenges that we face, but we don’t shrink from them either.” He continued, “And the truth is, it will take more than a few years for us to solve challenges that have built up over decades. It will require common effort, shared responsibility, and the kind of bold, persistent experimentation that Franklin Roosevelt pursued during the only crisis worse than this one.”

He didn't state "3rd term" but it's apparent he would not fight the idea either. I believe he's speaking about his turn at Roosevelt's previous "bold, persistent experimentation."

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

TerryMcGuire
reply to post by beezzer

I sure hope everyone here realizes you are joking Beez. Next thing you know you might be black balled around here.

lolz

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

buster2010

beezzer

Go Obama!

Piss people off or make them wonder why you would want an extreme homophobe as president.

Because he's a good common-sense leader. But it appears that you are racist!

(oh god I've been wanting to do that for a WHILE!!!)

lol

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, you're right. I just started out to say come on guys, it was a joke. Then I saw that it came from the Post and I just went off the deep end.

Some people here seem to think that propaganda only influences OTHER people. That if what ever is being spouted is in accordance with what they already believe then it MUST be true.
This is such a simple fallacy.
And who am I anyway to try to set other people straight. I'm wrong at least 35% of the time.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Bassago

I said in the original post that I suspected Obama would try to give a 3rd term a go. I also noted that the subtle propaganda would increase over time and time will tell.

That said a quick search of "Obama 3rd term" on Google provided 26,600,000 links. Somebody is talking about it.

Obama stated:
“I would put [my administration] up against any prior administration since FDR,” Obama said. “We didn’t ask for the challenges that we face, but we don’t shrink from them either.” He continued, “And the truth is, it will take more than a few years for us to solve challenges that have built up over decades. It will require common effort, shared responsibility, and the kind of bold, persistent experimentation that Franklin Roosevelt pursued during the only crisis worse than this one.”

He didn't state "3rd term" but it's apparent he would not fight the idea either. I believe he's speaking about his turn at Roosevelt's previous "bold, persistent experimentation."

I understand the concern. And I hope we all can realize that should he Obama make an attempt to push for a third term, it would first take an act of congress to overturn that constitutional amendment, right?

And that there are plenty of liberals who would stand up and scream bloody murder should he try it.
But I don't think any of that will happen. The only way he could get into office for a longer period of time would be after some form of general uprising and a state of marshal law.

Most certainly, I expect, he will be hanging around as one of the puppet masters to the next Dem. contender. But this is a tried and true gimmick practiced by both sides of the isle.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

TerryMcGuire

Bassago

Obama stated:

I understand the concern. And I hope we all can realize that should he Obama make an attempt to push for a third term, it would first take an act of congress to overturn that constitutional amendment, right?

And that there are plenty of liberals who would stand up and scream bloody murder should he try it.
But I don't think any of that will happen. The only way he could get into office for a longer period of time would be after some form of general uprising and a state of marshal law.

Most certainly, I expect, he will be hanging around as one of the puppet masters to the next Dem. contender. But this is a tried and true gimmick practiced by both sides of the isle.

Hopefully you are correct. As I said earlier I only give this a 50/50 chance for an attempt. Reviewing the amendment on Wiki did provide this interesting note:

several Democratic congressmen, including Rep. Barney Frank, Rep. José Serrano, Rep. Howard Berman, and Sen. Harry Reid, have introduced legislation to repeal the Twenty-second Amendment, but each resolution died before making it out of its respective committee

Good old Harry Reid, perhaps in position to have another go at repealing it. I'd bet dollars to donuts he's at least thought about it.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Yes. Let's blame Obama. Let's not give a single thought to all the Americans who put him in the oval office. Or did you guys forget he was voted in by people just like you?

I thought he was voted in by rigged/programmed electronic voting machines. Yup. Just like Bush Jr's 2nd term.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

And on a side note Tom Hanks acting sucks. He basically is the same character in every movie.

Yeah, Forrest Gump.
edit on 14 10 2013 by SummerLightning because: to add quote

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

kx12x
reply to post by Bassago

Oh great, here we go... We knew it was coming.

I'm sure not going to be seeing Captain Phillips, or any other Tom Hanks movie for that matter.

Go home Tom Hanks, you're drunk...

I watch any actor no matter what race, religion or political bent they are. I watch them for what they accomplish on screen.

Unfortunately, as soon as they start shooting their mouth off about any of the above subjects, I write them off. It's bad enough having to listen to BS from politicians. I won't put up with it from entertainers.

Too bad, I liked Hanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Yes. Let's blame Obama. Let's not give a single thought to all the Americans who put him in the oval office. Or did you guys forget he was voted in by people just like you?

Show of hands. Who voted for McCain? What about Romney? Anyone vote for that guy? Don't be shy, let's find out who voted for the stuffed peacock and who voted for the scapegoat.
edit on 14-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I don't vote and never have. I'm 38yrs old and just despise politicians so much that I refuse to vote. Question. I have friends that tell me that since I don't vote I have no room to complain about the mess in Washington. Do you agree? Just curious for some other views.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

catfishjoe

AfterInfinity

Show of hands. Who voted for McCain? What about Romney? Anyone vote for that guy? Don't be shy, let's find out who voted for the stuffed peacock and who voted for the scapegoat.
edit on 14-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I don't vote and never have. I'm 38yrs old and just despise politicians so much that I refuse to vote. Question. I have friends that tell me that since I don't vote I have no room to complain about the mess in Washington. Do you agree? Just curious for some other views.

On one hand I suppose if you don't vote you shouldn't complain about the outcome. Doesn't mean you can't point out the obvious though.

On the other hand they say the definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing again and again and expecting a different result (as in voting in our 2 fake party system.)

But since you didn't vote for him the first two times hopefully you won't have to worry about not voting for him a third time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join