It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AH-64D appears in China

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

We get up that way every so often. I have a couple of threads that I've put up where my other half was hanging out the window taking pics at Boeing Field as we went by. I JUST missed getting to see the 787-9 flying recently.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yah. I saw that thread. Living close to Boeing has it's perks. I got to see the 777 and the 787 proto types fly around the region while under testing.

The Flight museum here is world class, was one of the finalist to get a shuttle orbiter. I like to walk under the M-21 (SR71) they have on display there and jump to slap it's belly. I can also tell you all the good plane spotting sites around Boeing field, Paine field and McCord AFB.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The next time we get up that way, and have some time in the load, I'll drop you a message.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Look foward to it.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Considering the Chinese have this amazing knack at cloning tech, doesn't seem too outlandish.

I mean, they did clone the Predator drones. theaviationist.com...-dhvmsiSo

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Sigh, I just love Japan, and that's actually were this picture was taken. It's a place called Misawa, and this is going to be a "gate guard" that is going up on a plinth! Good try though! China says a very large piece of
PVC pipe in space with a couple of scuba tanks inside is a "Space Station", China says an "Aircraft Carrier" is an ex-Russian piece of garbage that was garbage when it rolled off the ways! China says they build "Stealth Planes" The only danger China presents to the world today is if they all jump up and down at the same time.
China, a country destroyed by the Japanese in WWII. The only difference today is that it wouldn't take the Japanese that long this time. The Chinese do make some really kick-butt noodles though, and some marginally impressive fireworks.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

That's odd considering there is a vehicle with a Zhejiang Province license plate...

ptisidiastima.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

That's odd, I have NEVER heard of something called "photo shop"
Also, the steering wheel in the truck is on the right hand side.
edit on 17-10-2013 by tencap77 because: What is the "Blind Speed" of a Tall King radar ? spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Thanks for the coordinates.

edit on 17/10/2013 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

tencap77
Sigh, I just love Japan, and that's actually were this picture was taken. It's a place called Misawa, and this is going to be a "gate guard" that is going up on a plinth!

Have you anything to back up your claim? If I contact Misawa public relations will I get a reply that an Apache is now on display as part of the guardian displays? The image dates from at least early 2012 so it should be sitting nicely on display at Misawa?

www.airliners.net...

www.f-16.net...
edit on 17/10/2013 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

tencap77
reply to post by _Del_

That's odd, I have NEVER heard of something called "photo shop"
Also, the steering wheel in the truck is on the right hand side.
edit on 17-10-2013 by tencap77 because: What is the "Blind Speed" of a Tall King radar ? spelling

You've better sight than these old eyes have if you can make out the steering wheel on that truck. How long has Misawa been waiting for their gate guard?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Thanks to Sammamishman for the coordinates for the Expo Park in China. Looking on Google Earth there is at least one image via Panoramio that shows the Expo park in the stages of construction. See following link and note the main building and the cladding construction? You can zoom into the image via the link.

I think what the Apache trailer images shows is the view from an entrance to the Expo Park and showing the front of the building with the wooded mountain/hillside in the background? I've highlighted the entrance with an arrow where I believe that image was taken from.

www.panoramio.com...

Link to image of Apache on trailer. Note building in background?

ptisidiastima.files.wordpress.com...

edit on 17/10/2013 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The following link is another image of the Expo Park under construction. You can zoom into the image.

www.panoramio.com...

Note the walls of the historical building also seen in the trailer image?

Blow up from panoramio image. I've marked the feature with an arrow.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
And with that, I think we're at case closed -- good work!

From www.zhxww.net... :
www.zhxww.net...
"Apache helicopter model"

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So it's actually in Japan not China? Well done The Aviationist. I can tell from the photo it's not a real AH-64 Apache, there are quite a few details which don't match the real thing. And how do they know it's the D model there is no rotor.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

No, it's not Japan, it's China. It's the Expo Park.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Wow!

good find dude,

one thing that I can't help but think though, surly if the Chinese has somehow bought a downed AH64 they would not move it around on the back of a flat bed with out putting a cover over it.

Why not?
Whose going to stop them?
What's the USA going to do about it exactly? Declare war?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join