It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AH-64D appears in China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Interestingly if you look at the A model, this one fits better. The A doesn't appear to have steps on the left side, and a couple other features match a little better.

I agree that it could very easily be a mock up, but it's damn good if it is.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I found a pic that looks very good on blow up for an Apache at nearly the same angle.

Apache in-flight image

The details are small. All of them are small things...but they're everywhere? How many variants of the Apache are there? Canopy shape is off..but not by much and almost entirely along the edge lines of the glass molding. The front looks a little less streamlined than the real thing, but hard to be sure with the blur. More definite but small differences rear of the cockpit and down the whole side of the aircraft.

I can't say mock-up myself unless someone who knows these real well can be sure variant models wouldn't account for the myriad little things as seen from a distance, on a truck and in various states of dis-assembly.

On the other hand, I'd also ask what China does for entertainment? Do they just suck down American movies with their popcorn or do they have their own domestic movie industry? I've honestly never heard or thought to look/ask. It would make sense as a mock-up for a movie and might be something we'd see on a studio back lot here?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As far as the steps missing on the left side the A model doesn't have them, at least on some of the pics I found, which would account for that. But without a much clearer picture I'm not going to go either way on it. I can see it being a mock up, but I can see them getting one from someone else as well, and the differences being the different equipment they put on it.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Or are your government allowing the Chinese to copy all their military hardware, they have to pay their debts some how.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

They do indeed have a very healthy and well funded movie industry. I was just looking at some of the 2013 movie releases coming out of Hong Kong. There are a couple of potential movie releases that may have an American chopper in them (Wolf War, 2013?)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Tail rotor isn't right. Rotor-hub, etc.

It's a mockup.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
[toungueincheek] like most chinese "knock offs" it looks the part but the firmware will be
crap and it will fall apart after a month [/toungueincheek]

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ShayneJUK

True.. A Chinese knock off would fall out of the sky....but then, they build so many of something, they'll fall like rain and kill us that way. lol.... They seem to make up for the quality issues in other ways, I've found.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

But I phones, most of the gadgets we use to communicate with and write on this forum with are made in China, and they are ok, for the young amongst you, everybody said that the Japanese cheap copies of cars and motorcycles 50 years ago would fall apart and amount to nothing, now look who rules the automotive world, where is the mighty Detroit now, and lets be very honest, if it was not for the 1.3 trillion from China, the US economy would have collapsed 2 years ago.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Many other countries do have AH-64's, middle eastern countries even hire Americans to help with them, including UAE, Saudi, and Kuwait. I don't know what kind of deal they make, like can they sell to other countries.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The Aviationist is just now finding these images...? Lol.. It seems as though these surfaced online in March of 2012, possibly even later.

ptisidiastima.wordpress.com...

Also, I know Singapore is still quite a long way from China, but here's are pictures of one that went down in Singapore back in 2010:

armyaviation.wordpress.com...πτωση-επ-αη-64-d-τησ-πα-τησ-σινγκαπουρησ/

Food for thought

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

Sometimes it takes a little while for him to post things, but he's a lot more in the public eye in the aviation community, so he tends to take a wait and see attitude with some things.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

biggm
Or are your government allowing the Chinese to copy all their military hardware, they have to pay their debts some how.

That was my thought.
We gave North Korea nuclear reactor technology back when Clinton was in office.
Our government is well known to do things that aren't actually very smart.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

movie prop...no ladder and the lines along the exterior look way off...nose has a funny look and for some strange reason the tail rotor looks fake....

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

The whole thing looks fake, but the tail rotor is angled more like an X than a + like on blackhawks. So it looks right to me.

The lack of seams is what gets to me. And while I have issues with the main rotor head not being there, it could also be that they removed the main transmission module as well. But you would know that they did that because all kinds of stuff would not be attached. Most of the fairings would be off.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

No ladder here either though

There are some that don't have the ladder on them.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

But there are maintenance step ladders going up the side just behind the cockpit to access the rotor head.

That is non existent on the picture in the OP.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

That's why I say that I'm on the fence on this one. That picture needs to be a lot clearer for me to really go one way or the other. But I'm leaning towards a mock up.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

It does at first glance, but when you pop the rotor head off of one of these there isn't usually something sticking out.

I meant to say IS.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

If we could get a higher definition picture I'd be able to see if the EOMS is installed or if it's just a plate, if the avionics compartment fairing is present, and the CMWS flare buckets, at least the attachments, are there.

CMWS buckets would be visible in this picture..They are not present.

EOMS would be present. LDS would be present. APR-39 would be present.

None of it is visible.
edit on 14-10-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join