It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EBT benefit card glitch sparks Walmart shopping sprees in Louisiana

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

It's nice to see that there are still others that are very honest in this world.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

"So its all good fun that the tax payer gets ripped off?"

What's the difference between the poor people doing it rather than the bankers and politicians? I say the worm has to turn, even if it is only in error and for a short period of time. LoL

Same thing really, just a different demographic doing the looting!

"Yes people will take a free meal but that's a lot different than deliberately loading up your trolley with items you know would not normally get paid for on the card due to the value."

Again I can see the point you are making however ripping of a supermarket and there like for what amounts to a trivial sum which they are most lightly insured against, compared to the social and economic devastation that the system has brought down upon the heads of the populace seems like poetic justice to me in however small a measure.

"That is simply being a thief..."

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then I guess that makes the people who benefited from this error a lot like Robin Hood and his merry band.

See Obama does care after all!

Quack'ing!

edit on 16-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Is the image in the video from the Wal Mart in question?
If so I see flat screen tvs in carts?????

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is definitely theft. It is a mindset - to take advantage of vulnerabilities. These people should know that! But so many do not treat others as they would want to be treated - just think "what's in it for me". All of them need to pay it back. 100%

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

It is my full understanding that you cannot buy anything but food with the food stamp card. Unless they put cash and food benefits on one card. I know a client told me they could buy most soda and candy but not some others so this tells me even the types of foods are limited, and it is all separated. Or maybe they were one of those who didn't get cash benefits - only food stamps. Weird if they put it all on one card. That would mean people don't have to sell them anymore right? One way to do away with that fraud anyway. Brilliant (Sarcasm).

And Walmart was monitoring this and let people leave with large screen tv's (some multiple)? That's responsible. I don't like that store. Can you imagine - people lose benefits so take these things back - only to be passed onto the next poor sap who has saved for a year to buy one of these? What kind of store allows this and admits that they were aware of it?

This just outrages me. It is people like this that make everyone else who needs these things look bad. I hope they are held accountable.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Dianec

It is my full understanding that you cannot buy anything but food with the food stamp card. Unless they put cash and food benefits on one card. I know a client told me they could buy most soda and candy but not some others so this tells me even the types of foods are limited, and it is all separated. Or maybe they were one of those who didn't get cash benefits - only food stamps. Weird if they put it all on one card. That would mean people don't have to sell them anymore right? One way to do away with that fraud anyway. Brilliant (Sarcasm).

And Walmart was monitoring this and let people leave with large screen tv's (some multiple)? That's responsible. I don't like that store. Can you imagine - people lose benefits so take these things back - only to be passed onto the next poor sap who has saved for a year to buy one of these? What kind of store allows this and admits that they were aware of it?

This just outrages me. It is people like this that make everyone else who needs these things look bad. I hope they are held accountable.

I, too, thought the EBT qualified items were a much smaller set than what was "allowed" to go through the registers at Walmart that day. I am not too familiar with the EBT system but that is how I remember the old paper system working many years ago.
I believe that those who were grossly abusing the system should be held accountable. There were, most-likely, a few folks caught up in the stampede who were actually trying to just get their bare necessities and I think these people should have leniency in their favor to the maximum of just having whatever minimal overage deducted from a future benefit or wiped clean by the folks at Walmart/Xerox since their business practices did nothing to ensure over-spends did not happen. I make a point of not using Walmart for any purchases which is easy to do here as I have myriad options in my vicinity. the real feel in their wallet isn't going to be from me, a non-shopper who has no impact, but from those who do frequent Walmart breaking that habit and writing to tell them about it.

edit on 16-10-2013 by evc1shop because: clarity

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was doing cable installation in Houston when Katrina hit New Orleans and I remember overhearing a young lady speaking with someone on her phone. "Girl, they are giving away money in New Orleans - were leaving tonite."

What makes people so comfortable with "stealing" my money, your money, our money. Perhaps since our servant Govt. Doesn't know how to handle "our money" it's time we cut them off.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

"What makes people so comfortable with "stealing" my money, your money, our money."

The fact that they, in their view anyway, are stealing said money from a government that steals from them/you on a daily basis.

"Perhaps since our servant Govt. Doesn't know how to handle "our money" it's time we cut them off."

Buddy your government stopped serving the people pretty much after its inception. In reality they are nothing more than malevolent totalitarian oogarts who most definitely do not have your best interests at heart.

Essentially the only way to ensure a return to the original ideals contained within your constitution is revolution!

And that time is now!

edit on 17-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Dianec

They still sell them. They find ways. Here in St. Louis you can buy a $400 EBT card for $200 cash.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

coop039

Dianec

It is my full understanding that you cannot buy anything but food with the food stamp card. Unless they put cash and food benefits on one card. ... This just outrages me. It is people like this that make everyone else who needs these things look bad. I hope they are held accountable.

They still sell them. They find ways. Here in St. Louis you can buy a $400 EBT card for $200 cash.

That is insane, these cards should be tied to an identity, require a state ID card or have a photo of the bearer on the front. There may be a way to register an authorized "agent" of the card for those who are homebound and need to have someone else do their shopping. This type of abuse & fraud is preventable.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Well I think it is messed up that so many people get the benefits in the first place. We have basically created a lazier and more entitled society through these benefits and it is showing in our youth. Some people that really need the help should get it.. temporarily... and every one who gets it should be required to pay it back slowly, there needs to be some sharing of the ball in the pool. Nothing is free... welfare is not free to those of us whose tax dollars are supporting it and it should not be free to them. I think that if someone applying knew that they were only going to get it (if they qualify) for a short period of time.. and would have to pay it back slowly... but in full.. through automatic deductions from their paycheck then they may think twice about it.. or they may not.

So that being said.. at least I can look forward to a lot of new posts on PeopleofWalmart.Com

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

edit on 25-11-2019 by maxdowney because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join