It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$30 million Google Lunar XPRIZE wants you to build a rover...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm rather curious about this X-Prize. I have 3 theory's about it:

1) It will somehow be cancelled for some odd excuse as to why. (ie: google will pull funding or something)

2) They'll go but they'll land on an area far far away from where the appolo landing site.

3) No one will be able to do it and the prize will sort of fade away quietly.

The reason I think so is because how is it going to work if someone builds a rover. Takes it to the moon, and say they go where the appolo landing site is suppose to be and find nothing? The reason I'm curious about this is because I want them to prove me wrong, that the moon landing was faked.

If I'm wrong about it being fake that I believe would be rather interesting. And I think this rover has a chance of proving to a lot of people whether there's any actual evidence on the moon as to whether the landings actually happened or not.

What do you think???

www.googlelunarxprize.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
say somethign

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hey, how about google offering 30 million to somebody that will build a browser that doesn't have a built in personal info pipeline right to the folks at the NSA? Why doesn't google offer us a "rebate" on all the times it forwarded my credit card info to the THREADER data base ? That would be nice. Googles got 30 dollars to flush down a toilet? How about the buy some wheelchairs for the vets that are getting they're legs blown off so google to b-slap the military every chance they get? Yeah spend 30 million on a rover for the Moon google, then donate to you buddies in China !

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
hmmmmm....

okay here's a theory. They get this rover done. They show the world that they're sending it up to the moon. Then we see it lands on the moon, and it also goes and finds the old Apollo landing site with all the left over stuff there. But low and behold, they actually just send the rover back to the same TV studio they filmed the first landing in and we get to see "Part 2" of this conartistry! That's what's gonna actually happen you kno!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

So your silly Moon landing hoax theory is perfectly safe then. You can deny all the current evidence that the landings occurred and you can deny any new evidence.

Perfect.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
the only thing that might be a factor is the camera quality. Like it should be 100 times better than the apollo landings so it would quickly be evident if it was back in the studio or not. The only challenge is that they pulled off the mars rover hoax using a cheap camera, so they could likely do the same with this new rover. Put a cheap camera on it, and with all the new hollywood effects they could easily make it seem like you're looking at the moon rover on the moon. So we'll soon see. But my guess is it will be stalled out, put on pause, problems, or pulled funding, or claims that people just weren't able to come up with viable rovers. The odds of them actually going would be shocking. If they go they'll claim the rover was forced to land on some other part of the moon. Thus we'll never see the old apollo landing site.

new topics

top topics

join